Prospect Info: 2022-23 Ducks Prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

c4rcy

Power lvls over 9000
Jun 15, 2009
OC, California
He looks the same as he always does. He's a quick strike player and when he's not scoring he's useless just like Pasta. Hopefully he can figure it out at the pro level.

Unfortunate to hear but I guess FWIW he would be starting his first AHL stint this year in normal circumstances as he is only 20. Lots of time to figure it out.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Unfortunate to hear but I guess FWIW he would be starting his first AHL stint this year in normal circumstances as he is only 20. Lots of time to figure it out.

Perrault's ELC started this season, despite playing two years in the AHL already. Jacob is only 20 years old and will be for the whole AHL season. He's that young still and thrown at the wolves for the past two seasons.

Eventually, he'll stop being a perimeter player. It took Terry how many years to figure that out? Let's hope Perreault can figure this out sooner b/c he's got all the tools, but no tool box to get him to be a top talent.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Quite a few games tonight, kind of random for a Tuesday.

Colangelo has a goal for northeastern.

Mintyukov is playing a make-up game against the number two scoring defenseman Christian Kyrou. Kyrou has the edge early with two primary assists, Saginaw down 2-0.

goonsaredumb

Sep 30, 2022
Finished 0+1, 10 shots, +2.

My man has 135 shots in *23* games, good for second in the WHL. What is incredible is he still trails future teammate Connor Bedard by 40 shots.
I know Zellweger is statistically not doing as well as last year but with the sheer amount of shots he's putting up I gotta think at least some of that has to do with having some bad luck

Reactions: Kalv and Static

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I know Zellweger is statistically not doing as well as last year but with the sheer amount of shots he's putting up I gotta think at least some of that has to do with having some bad luck
Could be multiple things: he's proven he can put up points and is working on other aspects of his game, his team in general just isn't as good, and his deployment seems to be against the opposition's best. Or it be that he just hasn't been as good, that's always a possibility.

His next test will be the pro game, ideally he'd be in San Diego right now.

Last edited:

goonsaredumb

Sep 30, 2022
Could be multiple things: he's proven he can put up points and is working on other aspects of his game, his team in general just isn't as good, and his deployment seems to be against the opposition's best.

still wish there was an "exceptional status" for guys to make it into the AHL a year early who are not quite ready for the NHL but don't gain too much from staying in the CHL

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Could be multiple things: he's proven he can put up points and is working on other aspects of his game, his team in general just isn't as good, and his deployment seems to be against the opposition's best. Or it be that he just hasn't been as good, that's always a possibility.

I'm good with Zell being "not" being in SD right now. He still needs to develop physically, have eyes in the back of his head, and start developing defensive strategies like Drysdales does. SD is a shit show right now and we have interim coaching. Next season, there will be a lot more talent to help shoulder the load for San Diego, especially on the blueline.

I'd like to see a Hinds-Zellweger pairing in San Diego. Or maybe we could see it at the WJC?

Reactions: Kalv

All Mighty

Sep 20, 2014
California
allmightyhockeytalk.com
I know he's been mentioned as having a good season so far, but I think Hinds deserves more love. He is tied for 3rd (with Luneau) among dmen in the Q in points with 27, and only 5 of them are on the PP. He actually leads dmen in the Q in even strength points with 21 in 26 games. He's also tied for 2nd in +/- among dmen at +23, and the next closest dman on his team is +12.

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
I know he's been mentioned as having a good season so far, but I think Hinds deserves more love. He is tied for 3rd (with Luneau) among dmen in the Q in points with 27, and only 5 of them are on the PP. He actually leads dmen in the Q in even strength points with 21 in 26 games. He's also tied for 2nd in +/- among dmen at +23, and the next closest dman on his team is +12.
He got some love from Hazy and Ahlers on the telecast last night. Good to see he's doing well!

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I think he will make team Canada. He's the perfect partner for a player like clarke.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
There's a poster who recently posted in the Minty thread in the prospect forum who seems very high on his abilities. thought it was a pretty informed assessment as well, seems like he's seen him play live perhaps

Reactions: Static and Kalv

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
906ED3F0-8E95-4673-9AC6-4F030225571D.jpeg

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

This is funny b/c I think I've been hyping Hinds too much that I withhold even more hype for Hinds. Of course, if you block someone who mentions Hinds highly, then this happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad