Prospect Info: 2022-23 Ducks Prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Is Hinds the next Beauchemin ? Physical French canadian Dman who is good Defensively and a bit of offense there too.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I know he's been mentioned as having a good season so far, but I think Hinds deserves more love. He is tied for 3rd (with Luneau) among dmen in the Q in points with 27, and only 5 of them are on the PP. He actually leads dmen in the Q in even strength points with 21 in 26 games. He's also tied for 2nd in +/- among dmen at +23, and the next closest dman on his team is +12.
Meh it was obvious to me the team and our scouts were high on him when we traded for that pick, his raw traits were always pretty impressive…. Offense was prob the biggest question mark on him, glad he’s panning out, him and Warren should be pretty good compliments for our defense down the line if they can become nhl players

Reactions: Kalv

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
.. and ends up being 5`11? :sarcasm:

But is there any indication that Hinds is physical?
20221208_081020.jpg

He's physical according to this.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Ah, that's cool. Hope there's some power behind those hits :laugh: When I saw him it seemed he's not keen on physical contact

Edit: wait, they hitting 1.5 hits per 60 minutes? That's very low.
True, must not be a very physical league the QMJHL ?

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Is Hinds the next Beauchemin ? Physical French canadian Dman who is good Defensively and a bit of offense there too.

Defensively, Hinds plays like Lindholm such that he's efficient in winning puck battles and getting the puck out quick. During the training camp, Hinds didn't have to display booming hits like Manson would, but whenever he's involved for a puck battle in our zone, he usually comes away with it.

Puck battle wins and getting the puck out quickly are traits our blue line is missing. Sure helps that he's 6'3 and 180 lbs (probably more weight by now). His defense is always improving and has helped Sherbrooke tremendously for two seasons now.

Gambling on Hinds' offense was a real development has proven the scouts correct. For the past three seasons, his offense has been consistent and growing. The offense didn't pop up until he was traded away to Rimouski and Rimouski let Hinds play offense.

Again, I think Hinds was going to be the Ducks' original 3rd round pick until they saw Pastujov fall into their laps. Murray didn't want to lose out on Hinds and traded back into the 3rd round. It kinda reminds me about how the Ducks traded back into 6th round for Manson because the scouts were raving about Manson.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Luneau and warren's game today featured teammate Marcel Marcel and opponent Ivan Ivan. Cant imagine that happens often. Luneau was scoreless, +1, Warren scoreless, +1, three hits.
Wareen has been very underwhelming offensively this year. He did had to skip training camp so I hope its just the result of that.

In highlights he was showing people behind plays, showing some meanness, I liked that :laugh:

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
I like Hinds but he is so far down the LHD pecking order that he will need a trade (or Thrun and LaCombe not signing) to be relevant.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I like Hinds but he is so far down the LHD pecking order that he will need a trade (or Thrun and LaCombe not signing) to be relevant.

Why do we need to do any trades any time soon? We have no idea how all these prospects will do in the pros, AHL and NHL. RD Axel is 22 years old, in his 3rd season in the AHL, and is still developing. RD Helleson, who came over in the Manson trade last year, is 21 years old, and I am not seeing the shutdown guy in Helleson.

Let the talents decide the pecking order with their play in the pros. It isn't as if we're superfluous with pro talents.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Probably a third pairing upside, would have to pass guys like Thrun and Benoit.
Which we dont really know what Thrun is yet, or if hell even end up signing here.

Hinds is prob still 2-3 years out, i assume beniot will be gone by then... but either way having 7-8 dmen options on the roster isnt a bad thing

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
Why do we need to do any trades any time soon? We have no idea how all these prospects will do in the pros, AHL and NHL. RD Axel is 22 years old, in his 3rd season in the AHL, and is still developing. RD Helleson, who came over in the Manson trade last year, is 21 years old, and I am not seeing the shutdown guy in Helleson.

Let the talents decide the pecking order with their play in the pros. It isn't as if we're superfluous with pro talents.
For the 23/24 season, and possibly even late this season, we could see the following additions to the Ducks/Gulls: Zellweger, Mintyukov, Hinds, LaCombe, and Thrun. For the 24/25 season we could see Warren, Luneau, and Moore. It is possible that all eight make the NHL either with the Ducks or other teams. It is possible that none of the eight make the NHL. It is more likely that only three to five of them make the NHL. But at this stage it is not certain which of those eight will make the Ducks. So I agree, let's see them develop and then make decisions. In addition to these eight we have Helleson and Andersson who are currently with the Gulls who may play in the NHL. That is at ten total prospects with some potential right there, and who else knows if any other prospect will come along.

In addition to that we have Drysdale, Vaaks, and Benoit who are young who could stay with the team for a while, and Fowler who has three more years under contract with us after this year.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I think LaCombe is the only prospect to get on the scoresheet with an assist. While great, Minny won 7-1 and LaCombe came away with only a point. Just shows how talented the roster is for #1 Minny is in the NCAA's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad