Prospect Info: 2022-23 Ducks Prospects

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
The story you're purposely omitting is that both Comtois and Jones were the only consistent forwards who crashed the net. Sometimes, in Comtois' case, it's better to be lucky than good. Unfortunately, he came in out of shape last season and couldn't lug that extra weight to get to the front of the net in time to induce that luck.

One of the reasons for the Ducks selecting McTavish was his ability to not only crash, but set up beachfront property in front of the net.

With Jones healthy and the signing of Regenda, we now possess a lot more big bodies that crash the net. Colangelo and Gaucher also do the same.

Do you see the theme here to knock out the personal hatred you have on Comtois? If Comtois can't pull it off, then we have others lined up behind him.

smh
I don't have hatred toward Comtois, I'm just honest. I like him and hope he rebounds, I went to watch him roller hockey with some old teammates that play with him.

Don't be so sensitive Comtois sucked dick last year and has a lot to prove. Colangelo has been somewhat underwhelming too.

Last edited:

Peachkings1922

Aug 13, 2022
Grimsby Ontario
Mintyukov is making the game look so easy in his first 3 games. 3 games and 7 pts so far. He will break Bode Wilde's record for points by a D in a season. Watching the first 3 games Pavel looks better than I thought. He has explosive speed with great lateral movement while being able to distribute the puck to his teammates. This kid IMO will be a top 4 guy in the NHL sooner than later. It is only his 2nd yr of NA hockey.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Almsot all the goals I've seen him score leave me like unimpressed for some reason lol hopefully he turns into something we can use his size. His goals remind me a lot of Comtois goals a couple season ago, which I thought were fortunate for Max.
Same here. I haven't seen him engage much in battles, etc. He is a good shooter at the college level so he gets by with floating around but when I think about pro game... I think he will need some time. Hopefully we can sign him and send to SD at the end of the year
Hvidston is 1+1 tonight, a very nice start to his season offensively.
4p in 3g. Here's his goal, good timing for a tip-in.
I haven't watched more than highlights, but pre-draft he was louded for his defensive play, so I hope that's still the case :laugh:

I watched the 2nd period of that game, he is solid, offensive ability and can pk, good tool kit
That's awesome. I'm on his bandwagon :laugh:
He's another late-late birthday 5th round pick that is far from filled out physically, responsible defensively and with untapped offense. Terry was the same and it was fun (but loooing) following him to become a borderline star player (let's see how far he goes).
I hope there's lots of untapped potential in Hvidston, from what I seen and read, def looks like top9 potential, but surely some years away

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Same here. I haven't seen him engage much in battles, etc. He is a good shooter at the college level so he gets by with floating around but when I think about pro game... I think he will need some time. Hopefully we can sign him and send to SD at the end of the year

4p in 3g. Here's his goal, good timing for a tip-in.
I haven't watched more than highlights, but pre-draft he was louded for his defensive play, so I hope that's still the case :laugh:

That's awesome. I'm on his bandwagon :laugh:
He's another late-late birthday 5th round pick that is far from filled out physically, responsible defensively and with untapped offense. Terry was the same and it was fun (but loooing) following him to become a borderline star player (let's see how far he goes).
I hope there's lots of untapped potential in Hvidston, from what I seen and read, def looks like top9 potential, but surely some years away

That would be nice.... Lol

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Mintyukov is making the game look so easy in his first 3 games. 3 games and 7 pts so far. He will break Bode Wilde's record for points by a D in a season. Watching the first 3 games Pavel looks better than I thought. He has explosive speed with great lateral movement while being able to distribute the puck to his teammates. This kid IMO will be a top 4 guy in the NHL sooner than later. It is only his 2nd yr of NA hockey.
THE Bode Wilde???

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Pastujov has another goal and hinds an assist in the early evening games.

:40 second mark.

Lacombe has a first period assist for Minnesota.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Mintyukov with a primary assist on the PP in the first period, just keeps on trucking.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Hinds finished with two assists in an 8-5 win. 1+3 in first four games.

Kyle kukkonen with an assist in the third period.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Hinds finished with two assists in an 8-5 win. 1+3 in first four games.

Kyle kukkonen with an assist in the third period.

I gotta give it up to our scouts and Murray for trading back into the 3rd round for Hinds and seeing that late developing offense could be be sustainable.

Also, Hinds getting that ELC contract signed is a huge boost to his confidence and reward for his work. We need a LHD shutdown defender and Hinds could be that player in the future.

Reactions: Kalv and Static

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Zellweger has his first point of the season, a PP assist in the second period.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I noticed the QMJHL game stats shows Dangerous Shots/Shots and Hits. Last I checked, neither the WHL nor OHL does this on their game stats. Unfortunately, DS/S and Hit counts are not integrated into their player statistics' pages. Maybe it will into the future.

Reactions: Kalv
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad