Prospect Info: 2022-23 Ducks Prospects

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Thanks!

Wow. We're still that highly ranked without Zegras and Drysdale. I'm surprised.

Our top-4 has got to be McTavish, Zellweger, Minty, and Dostal. I suppose EP thinks we have three top-10 drafted prospects in McTavish, Minty, and Zellweger. Zellweger was just a week away from the 2022 draft and probably would have been selected over Korchinski.
If we fantasize about Zell being in this draft, then we have to also take Luke Hughes whos about the same age.

But yeah, Zell would go in the first round for sure, likely top half

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I love the optimism, and I’m very excited about our future, but I kind of find it hard to believe that our pool is better now than it was 365 days ago. Maybe the competition got a bit worse too?

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Reactions: Sean Garrity

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
So was he playing on that in pre-season?

Maybe Warren tweaked it far too much in the first pre-season game that it required foot surgery afterwards. I guess when the Anaheim staff questioned him about his foot, then they discovered it was an ongoing situation.

Something similar happened with Tracey years ago. He was playing injured through his WHL season and WJC. IIRC, he did play in the rookie tourney and it was during pre-season was when the Anaheim staff got a better look at Tracey.

This also reminds me about Silf's situation, but in one off-season. Silf decided to not do surgery two off-seasons ago and try to heal his hip through physical therapy and such. As the season went, it got worse and worse to where it required surgery. Technically, that hip problem was a pre-existing situation.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Mintyukov and Luneau both have assists in the first period of their games today.

Reactions: Kalv

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017

Colangelo gets goal number one in game number one.

Almsot all the goals I've seen him score leave me like unimpressed for some reason lol hopefully he turns into something we can use his size. His goals remind me a lot of Comtois goals a couple season ago, which I thought were fortunate for Max.

Reactions: Kalv

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Almsot all the goals I've seen him score leave me like unimpressed for some reason lol hopefully he turns into something we can use his size. His goals remind me a lot of Comtois goals a couple season ago, which I thought were fortunate for Max.

What is impressive is that he goes to the net. That was a significant problem identify by Murray and the staff. Two off-seasons ago, Murray denoted that only Comtois and Jones crash the net. Sometimes, you gotta love dirty goals. Of course, Colangelo has a big body and afforded that chance like a Comtois, Jones, Regenda, Gaucher, or McTcavish.

Reactions: Static

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
What is impressive is that he goes to the net. That was a significant problem identify by Murray and the staff. Two off-seasons ago, Murray denoted that only Comtois and Jones crash the net. Sometimes, you gotta love dirty goals. Of course, Colangelo has a big body and afforded that chance like a Comtois, Jones, Regenda, Gaucher, or McTcavish.
Cool story but Comtois was overrated and regressed heavily due to some puck luck during a pandemic season. There was literally MULTIPLE posters on here that did not want to give up Comtois for Eichel... :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Cool story but Comtois was overrated and regressed heavily due to some puck luck during a pandemic season. There was literally MULTIPLE posters on here that did not want to give up Comtois for Eichel... :laugh::laugh::laugh:

The story you're purposely omitting is that both Comtois and Jones were the only consistent forwards who crashed the net. Sometimes, in Comtois' case, it's better to be lucky than good. Unfortunately, he came in out of shape last season and couldn't lug that extra weight to get to the front of the net in time to induce that luck.

One of the reasons for the Ducks selecting McTavish was his ability to not only crash, but set up beachfront property in front of the net.

With Jones healthy and the signing of Regenda, we now possess a lot more big bodies that crash the net. Colangelo and Gaucher also do the same.

Do you see the theme here to knock out the personal hatred you have on Comtois? If Comtois can't pull it off, then we have others lined up behind him.

smh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad