Prospect Info: 2022-23 Ducks Prospects

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
So you can watch games on demand there? Like OHL game watching next day, for example

They seemed to be archived indefinitely, I can watch games live or at any time after.

The odd time I have run into the frustration of missing the live broadcast and then the game didn't upload for whatever reason, but it's literally only happened about once a year in the three seasons I've had it.

Reactions: Kalv

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Also, I just looked at CapFriendly and it says Thrun is not eligible to be a UFA until 2024, whereas LaCombe is eligible in 2023 (even though they were born the same year and drafted the same year).

If this is actually true, I would guess the discrepancy is due to Thrun not playing a single college game during the COVID season where Harvard didn’t play at all. This would also mean that Thrun is much less likely to become a UFA because he would have to wait an extra year, even though he will likely have already received his degree.

Holy crap! This is great news with respect to Thrun. He's still seen as a junior b/c the NCAA has given the extra year. Thrun did say he wanted another 30 NCAA games under his belt. He will earn his degree this year. Then he's got a choice next year to continue playing at Harvard or he can start his pro hockey career after his season is over this year.

This increases the likelihood of Thrun signing here this hockey season rather than wait out an extra year in the NCAA since we own his rights until Aug 15, 2024.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Kukkonen is listed on Michigan Tech's 2022-23 roster on their website, so he'll be playing for them this season. Bowen is not on Vermont's, Callow not on Harvard's

Vermont's roster currently lists only 17 players: 2 goalies, 4 defensemen, and 11 forwards.

Here's a THW snippet on Bowen committing to Vermont:

With this season being his final one with the Chiefs, Bowen will be heading off to play collegiate hockey at the University of Vermont next season after committing to the school last month. He had previously committed to the University of North Dakota when he was 16 but ultimately decided that the fit wasn’t right for him.​
“I was pretty excited when I was a 16-year-old to commit to a school like that, but when you grow up, and you get more mature, you’ll realize that it’s about fit and not about the locker room and the facilities, and that’s what kind of wowed me with North Dakota.​
“I have a lot more opportunity going into Vermont as a freshman than I would at North Dakota, so I just thought for my hockey career that it would be best to step into a team where I’m playing right away rather than maybe (being) in and out of the lineup.”​

gunnergunther

Jul 3, 2010
Holy crap! This is great news with respect to Thrun. He's still seen as a junior b/c the NCAA has given the extra year. Thrun did say he wanted another 30 NCAA games under his belt. He will earn his degree this year. Then he's got a choice next year to continue playing at Harvard or he can start his pro hockey career after his season is over this year.

This increases the likelihood of Thrun signing here this hockey season rather than wait out an extra year in the NCAA since we own his rights until Aug 15, 2024.
That wouldn’t matter. They can become a UFA 4 years after being drafted. It’s how Schultz went to the oilers after his junior year at Wisconsin, because he played a year in the BCHL I believe, after being drafted.

All Mighty

Sep 20, 2014
California
allmightyhockeytalk.com
Dostal and Perreault at the NHLPA rookie showcase.
Showcase-Feature.jpg

Reactions: Deuce22 and Static

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Country thicc, built like a farm boy 😂

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Those must be old measurements. OZ is 5'9 and 175 there. In the IIHF latest tournament, he was measured as 5'11 and over 180, which also was supported by the eye test.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Those must be old measurements. OZ is 5'9 and 175 there. In the IIHF latest tournament, he was measured as 5'11 and over 180, which also was supported by the eye test.

I noticed the same usage of old metrics at the Dev camp. At Dev camp, Thrun was listed 6'2 and 190lbs, but in an Athletic article at Dev camp reported Thrun was heavier.

Thrun looks noticeably stronger than three years ago. He’s up to 205 pounds and wants to hover around that to keep his mobility, possibly adding a couple pounds each year for more sturdiness on his 6-foot-2 frame.

That's a 15 pound difference and three years since he was drafted with those metrics.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Check that, looks like gaucher got a game in last night as well. He finished with three assists and won 15/19 faceoffs.

It looks as though being part of the WJC team has spurred on Gaucher. Reminds of how LaCombe vastly improved his NCAA play after participating at the WJC.

I'm liking Gaucher more and more at center since we drafted him. IMO, he was just Groulx with straight-line speed. With Groulx and Lopina in tow, I thought Gaucher's best chance at the NHL would be at wing. I hope Gaucher can continue working on his edges so he can pivot in and out faster than a cruise ship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad