Prospect Info: 2022-23 Ducks Prospects

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

Mintyukov not even listed.... was 156 on Pronman list.

Weird.
I just dont get why he flys so far under the radar... he puts up similar #'s to Clarke, on a team that was worse.... and people praised Clarke for that.

Guess cause he isnt canadian, and i think russia not being in any tournaments prob hurts his viewing a bit, even tho he plays in the CHL.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I just dont get why he flys so far under the radar... he puts up similar #'s to Clarke, on a team that was worse.... and people praised Clarke for that.

Guess cause he isnt canadian, and i think russia not being in any tournaments prob hurts his viewing a bit, even tho he plays in the CHL.

I'll play devil's advocate on Clarke v Minty. It's possible that Clarke is rated highly because he's more of a refined offensive defenseman rather than being mistaken for a 4th forward. Maybe the scout writer views it in a Theodore vs Montour perspective. Also, Clarke was very productive in a Slovakian league when the OHL shutdown.

What makes Clarke more projectable than Minty is tha Clarke has a longer track record to follow by playing on NA ice. Minty missed all of 2020-21 due to the OHL being shutdown and has only this past year of proof of his offense, which came out of nowhere.

The combo of not having enough of a track record and playing like Monty are reasons why THW and Pronman aren't so high on him.

There is an elephant in the room about Clarke, though, and it's his awkward skating style. That won't be a problem for Minty and I think there's more potential in Minty that just needs a longer burn for everyone else to accept that Minty should be in the conversation with Clarke.

Peachkings1922

Aug 13, 2022
Grimsby Ontario
Minty will surpass Clarke this year is only my opinion. Saginaw has all but a couple players who won't be eligible this season. That team will be better. Minty will be gone for picks and prospects to a contender. Start of season or trade deadline. The kid didn't play 20-21 and played on a very weak team last year. Watch him develop that large body and talent this season.

Reactions: bsu

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Guelph played their first preseason game tonight, pastujov was not in the lineup. Saginaw plays tomorrow, hopefully mintyukov plays.

Reactions: Kalv
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad