Prospect Info: 2022-23 Ducks Prospects

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I think our defense at absolute best Vaaks, Thrun and Luneau all have the capability to become Lydman like defensemen if they develop well. Helleson could be a non-fighting Manson type. LaCombe you're hoping for a Shattenkirk type (not current lol). Mintyukov absolute best I think would be a Josi type. Drysdale a mix of Fowler and Miro, Zellweger a mix of Spurgeon and Girard.

None of this will work out... I promise... lol this is best case scenario. Our defense has a lot of potential I hope we develop them well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kalv

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
The Rookie tourney is just around the corner! It'll be held at San Jose's Tech CU Arena, the Barracuda's new home. Here's the info and Duckling schedule:

The 2022 Rookie Faceoff is slated to take place Sept. 16-19 and features nine games scheduled between four teams from the Pacific Division (Anaheim, Los Angeles, San Jose and Vegas) and two from the Central Division (Arizona and Colorado). The tournament will feature top prospects from all six clubs and was last hosted by Arizona in 2021.​

Friday, Sept 16th: Ducks v Sharks @ 7pm​
Saturday, Sept 17th: Ducks v Yotes @ 4:30pm​
Monday, Sept 19th: Ducks v Golden Kinghts @ 12:30pm​

We won't see any college kids at this event. I think it's because school's started and they, the college prospects, have to pay for all the expenses, iirc.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
Mock lineup for rookie tourney, very subject to change

Tracey-McTavish-Perreault
Regenda-Gaucher-Pastujov
Tschigerl-Groulx-King
Hvidston-Lopina-McLaughlin
Kindopp

Mintyukov-Helleson
Zellweger-Warren
Hinds-Luneau
Andersson

Dostal
Clang
Alexander

One thing I feel this makes apparent is that we could definitely use more prospect depth on forwards, not that it’s bad but compared to the depth elsewhere it could be beneficial

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Mock lineup for rookie tourney, very subject to change

Tracey-McTavish-Perreault
Regenda-Gaucher-Pastujov
Tschigerl-Groulx-King
Hvidston-Lopina-McLaughlin
Kindopp

Mintyukov-Helleson
Zellweger-Warren
Hinds-Luneau
Andersson

Dostal
Clang
Alexander

One thing I feel this makes apparent is that we could definitely use more prospect depth on forwards, not that it’s bad but compared to the depth elsewhere it could be beneficial

Agreed on that forward prospect depth. We have only one notable offensive forward not listed here in collegiate RW Sam Colangelo. He was almost a point per game player in college this year after a slow start.

In the 2nd round with our second pick, after picking shutdown D Warren, I was hoping for 6'2 center Rieger Lorenz. His scouting profile I thought would fit in with new GM Verbeek. I wonder if Lorenz heading off to the NCAA (Denver) scared Verbeek away? Or was it because Lorenz is a big gamble because he was still in the AJHL?

We got an imbalanced draft with our top-4 selections, heavy on the D side.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
The Rookie tourney is just around the corner! It'll be held at San Jose's Tech CU Arena, the Barracuda's new home. Here's the info and Duckling schedule:

The 2022 Rookie Faceoff is slated to take place Sept. 16-19 and features nine games scheduled between four teams from the Pacific Division (Anaheim, Los Angeles, San Jose and Vegas) and two from the Central Division (Arizona and Colorado). The tournament will feature top prospects from all six clubs and was last hosted by Arizona in 2021.​

Friday, Sept 16th: Ducks v Sharks @ 7pm​
Saturday, Sept 17th: Ducks v Yotes @ 4:30pm​
Monday, Sept 19th: Ducks v Golden Kinghts @ 12:30pm​

We won't see any college kids at this event. I think it's because school's started and they, the college prospects, have to pay for all the expenses, iirc.
They must be starting to train together soon, right? Any note on when that could happen and if the fans will be able to visit and see practices?

SJ is near sillicon valley and they are sponsored by Zoom, the games better be streamed :laugh:

Can't wait

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
2023 draft is going to add at least one more top forward and probably 2 or 3 more.
I think the nice thing for us going into the 23 draft.... is were pretty stacked on defensive prospects(tho i imagine we will still look for some sleepers in the 2nd-4th round)..... but were also fairly deep down the middle with Zegras - McTavish - Lundy- Gaucher - Groulx, were basically just trying to fill winger holes at this point, which gives us the option to still go center or winger.

Im hoping for a 6-10 pick again..... lot of good options in that range.

Klingberg should have a lot of takers at 50% at deadline. I look at a team like the Senators who should be a cusp playoff team... Hamonic Zub Zaitsev.... isnt really great depth on the right side. And really no offensive minded guys there. I wonder if something like

Ott 1st (top 10 protected) + Boucher + Zaitsev
for
Klingberg at 50%

Flames are another team id want to target.

They must be starting to train together soon, right? Any note on when that could happen and if the fans will be able to visit and see practices?

SJ is near sillicon valley and they are sponsored by Zoom, the games better be streamed :laugh:

Can't wait
Im driving to berkley that week... but my gf couldnt get the time off early in the week, so were not getting there until the day after the tournament is over..... almost aligned where we woulda been able to stop in SJ for a day or 2 to watch some of the games. Still trying to convince her

Reactions: Kalv

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
3. Zegras
24. McTavish
34. Drysdale
51. Zellweger
82. Gaucher
102. Helleson
121. Lundeström
152. Mintyukov
166. Clang

I'll add onto that with the tiers and tier descriptions.

DucksPronman U-23 Prospect Ranking
RankTierTier DescriptionPlayerPos
3rd
1​
Bubble elite/NHL All-StarZegrasC
24th
4​
Top of the lineup player or top-tier goaltenderMcTavishC
34th
4​
Top of the lineup player or top-tier goaltenderDrysdaleRD
51st
5​
Bubble top and middle of the lineup player or quality starting goalieZellwegerLD/RD
82nd
6​
Middle of the lineup player or starting goalieGaucherC
102nd
6​
Middle of the lineup player or starting goalieHellesonRD
121st
6​
Middle of the lineup player or starting goalieLundestromC
152nd
6​
Middle of the lineup player or starting goalieMintyukovLD
166th
6​
Middle of the lineup player or starting goalieClangG

I still don't like Pronman's ranking of our Ducks system. Gaucher over the established NHL Lundy? Minty dropping all the way down there? Clang over Dostal?

Just looking at that ranking with tiers, it makes me happy to know that we have Terry already on the team. We are lacking top NHL talent if we're to use Pronman's ranking and tiered system. Yikes!

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

Wow. McTavish being ranked ahead of Shane Wright?!

Ducks and summary description
1st. C McTavish (complete package, no true weakness)​
5th. LD Mintyukov (offensive defender talent through the roof)​
24th. RW Pastujov (would rank higher if his skating was better)​

Reactions: Rasp

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Why does he hate dostal so much
Just as an example. Lets say the Kings... Pronman has Kaliyev, Turcotte, Kupari and Fagemo ranked higher than Mintyukov... They have Jordan Spence ranked similarly (he's been a pleasant surprise but cmon).... :laugh:

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Just as an example. Lets say the Kings... Pronman has Kaliyev, Turcotte, Kupari and Fagemo ranked higher than Mintyukov... They have Jordan Spence ranked similarly (he's been a pleasant surprise but cmon).... :laugh:
Mintyukov has kinda gotten 0 love in general… looks amazing to me even before we drafted him…. I feel like I’m missing something maybe /shrug

Dostal is 1-2 inches undersized and that is always going to be a strike (or two) against him until he proves he can play in the NHL.
He has clang ranked and they are same height

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Dostal: 6'2 and 174 lbs
Clang: 6'2 and 190 lbs

Clang hasn't played in the NHL, but Dostal has. Dostal got four NHL games with a .907 Sv % last year.
I'd love to put them back to back and see if they really are the same height. I have my doubts but maybe Pronman's ranking speaks as much to Clang's potential as it does Dostal's. Either way, I'm glad the Ducks have them both and I'm not losing sleep over silly rankings that mean nothing in the greater scheme of things.

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I'd love to put them back to back and see if they really are the same height. I have my doubts but maybe Pronman's ranking speaks as much to Clang's potential as it does Dostal's. Either way, I'm glad the Ducks have them both and I'm not losing sleep over silly rankings that mean nothing in the greater scheme of things.

I inserted links to their EP pages to negate the height angle between Dostal and Clang. You mentioned about proving to play in the NHL and I shared that Dostal did play last year in the NHL.

Dunno why you're on the defensive when I just provided factual answers. As for why Clang is rated higher with Pronman, maybe Pronman sees a higher potential in Clang.

To add a counter, The Hockey News' 2022 Future Watch has Dostal ranked 69th overall and Clang wasn't ranked in their top-100 prospects.

I agree with you that we have more depth with both in our system and staggered in time. Dostal is a 2018 draftee and Clang a 2020.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad