Prospect Info: 2022-23 Ducks Prospects

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Dude I was literally just about to make a similar comment lol. Half the people on here could be a better media team than whatever is currently employed.
Our media team does good stuff, like the playoff moments redone badly (they are hillarious), all the Selanne coming back videos, and other stuff is good, they have won awards for that. But the day-to-day coverage is embarrasing, it's like they don't care about the fans.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
He's still coming to the Ducks camp right?
Yes. I saw other WHL and OHL teams having camp as well. Tschigerl, Hvidson (I think), and Mintyukov were all reported to be in the scrimmages.

I think OZ was raising eyebrows already last year, especially in the rookie tournament. Will be interesting what he will be able to show in our camp. I am starting to hope more and more that we give him a few games so he can soak it in and go back to juniors working on the pro game stuff. But with our D, I am not sure it can realistically happen. Will be interesting

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Waiting for hockey to start up is slow going. I saw this 2019 draft recap by Scouching on YouTube. This year is a big year for the Ducks first four picks, especially the two NCAA defensemen in LaCombe and Thrun. Both are captains of their respective teams as seniors.

2019 Ducks draft
Rd 1. 9th, C Zegras​
Rd 1. 29th, LW Tracey​
Rd 2. 38th, LD/RD LaCombe​
Rd 4. 101st, LD Thrun​
Rd 5. 132nd, C Janicke​
Rd 6. 163rd, RD Francis (*Leukemia survivor)​
Rd 6. 186th, LD Hill​

Reactions: Sean Garrity

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Call me crazy but That’s a shit load of money for junior hockey

I wonder if that's Canadian dollar or USD? 1.0 USD = 1.3 Canadian Dollar

Here are last year's prices for the OHLtv:

OHL Live Package Pricing:​
2021-22 All Access: $109.99​
2021-22 Monthly Access: $24.99**​
2021-22 24-hour Access: $6.99**​
*all prices in Canadian dollars
**not yet available for purchase

All access up $10, Monthly access up $5, and 24-hour access up $1 from last year.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Yeah.... no.

I'll stick with what I got lol

c4rcy

Power lvls over 9000
Jun 15, 2009
OC, California

I'd say normally this isn't very significant but since he hasn't even seen an NHL game and no one would remotely choose #78 willingly this goes to show that the Verbeek philosophy will allow maybe more pro-ready prospects to pick their number. I get the feeling Z's and JD's numbers were decided super early after the season finished.

Reactions: Kalv

All Mighty

Sep 20, 2014
California
allmightyhockeytalk.com
I'd say normally this isn't very significant but since he hasn't even seen an NHL game and no one would remotely choose #78 willingly this goes to show that the Verbeek philosophy will allow maybe more pro-ready prospects to pick their number. I get the feeling Z's and JD's numbers were decided super early after the season finished.
Meh, I think we've always treated goalies differently. Dostal got #1 before he ever played an NHL game. I think the real test will be if McTavish gets #23 or if he has to keep #37.

All Mighty

Sep 20, 2014
California
allmightyhockeytalk.com
Also, I just looked at CapFriendly and it says Thrun is not eligible to be a UFA until 2024, whereas LaCombe is eligible in 2023 (even though they were born the same year and drafted the same year).

If this is actually true, I would guess the discrepancy is due to Thrun not playing a single college game during the COVID season where Harvard didn’t play at all. This would also mean that Thrun is much less likely to become a UFA because he would have to wait an extra year, even though he will likely have already received his degree.

All Mighty

Sep 20, 2014
California
allmightyhockeytalk.com
I believe that every NCAA player who played during the COVID shortened season is given a 5th year of eligibility if they want to use it. Here is the list of our NCAA prospects and their eligibility status:

Sam Colangelo - Junior, entering 3rd year of eligibility (out of 4), rights expire in 2024

Will Francis - Junior (I think), entering 2nd year of eligibility (out of 4), rights expire in 2025

Trevor Janicke - Senior, entering 4th year of eligibility (out of 5), rights expire in 2023

Ian Moore - Sophomore, entering 2nd year of eligibility (out of 4), rights expire in 2025

Jack Perbix - Senior, entering 4th year of eligibility (out of 5), rights expire in 2023

Henry Thrun - Senior, entering 3rd year of eligibility (out of 4/5?), rights expire in 2024 (according to CapFriendly)

Ethan Bowen/Michael Callow/Kyle Kukkonen - Unsure where they are playing next season

Last edited:

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Also, I just looked at CapFriendly and it says Thrun is not eligible to be a UFA until 2024, whereas LaCombe is eligible in 2023 (even though they were born the same year and drafted the same year).

If this is actually true, I would guess the discrepancy is due to Thrun not playing a single college game during the COVID season where Harvard didn’t play at all. This would also mean that Thrun is much less likely to become a UFA because he would have to wait an extra year, even though he will likely have already received his degree.
That would be a nice thing for us..... helps the odds for sure but with things like this nothing is for certain until the ink is on the paper. If we get both of them it's just a bonus to our D core.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
I believe that every NCAA player who played during the COVID shortened season is given a 5th year of eligibility if they want to use it. Here is the list of our NCAA prospects and their eligibility status:

Sam Colangelo - Junior, entering 3rd year of eligibility (out of 4), rights expire in 2024

Will Francis - Junior (I think), entering 2nd year of eligibility (out of 4), rights expire in 2025

Trevor Janicke - Senior, entering 4th year of eligibility (out of 5), rights expire in 2023

Ian Moore - Sophomore, entering 2nd year of eligibility (out of 4), rights expire in 2025

Jack Perbix - Senior, entering 4th year of eligibility (out of 5), rights expire in 2023

Henry Thrun - Senior, entering 3rd year of eligibility (out of 4/5?), rights expire in 2024 (according to CapFriendly)

Ethan Bowen/Michael Callow/Kyle Kukkonen - Unsure where they are playing next season
Thought it was Vermont for Bowen and Michigan Tech for Kukkonen, unsure on Callow

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Kukkonen is listed on Michigan Tech's 2022-23 roster on their website, so he'll be playing for them this season. Bowen is not on Vermont's, Callow not on Harvard's

Reactions: All Mighty

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Call me crazy but That’s a shit load of money for junior hockey

My hockeytv account costs almost the exact same. But instead of having access to one league (as with OHLTV or the other two CHL equivalents), you pretty much get every other junior league in NA, along with the AHL and also some special events (big minor hockey tournaments etc).

Reactions: Kalv

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
My hockeytv account costs almost the exact same. But instead of having access to one league (as with OHLTV or the other two CHL equivalents), you pretty much get every other junior league in NA, along with the AHL and also some special events (big minor hockey tournaments etc).
So you can watch games on demand there? Like OHL game watching next day, for example

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad