Prospect Info: 2022-23 Ducks Prospects

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
[On Mason McTavish] One of the most advanced small-area scorers outside of the NHL, Mason McTavish is destined for a lengthy, productive career in the sport's top league. There isn't any assignment that the Ducks former third overall pick can't handle. You know the type, someone a coach calls on with a minute left in one-goal games, defending a lead or trying to even up the score. His pace and engagement level weren't always where they needed to be with the Hamilton Bulldogs last season, but we don't see that as something to worry about long-term.

That's a reasonable guess, but I wonder if there's something more than just conventional wisdom behind their feeling.

Hmmm... I wonder if there is a specific author who wrote that McTavish description? EP has lots of writers/scouts.

The critique on McTavish was only with Hamilton, though, and on only 24 regular season games. I'd like more reasoning behind his "pace and engagement level" too b/c there are a couple of factors I can cite that could be a reason such as new team (new team chemistry, new team identity, new team game play, etc...) and the Olympic interruption. McTavish's scoring rate with the Bulldogs was tied for first with 1.67 ppg.

In the playoffs and Memorial cup, Hamilton was double shifting McTavish often, which fatigued could affect pace and engagement levels. It was noticeable on back-to-back games without a day rest. I know a lot of posters on here commented about McTavish barely doing anything in the playoffs, but somehow gets on the board with points in some games. I'm thinking that's what the EP author is probably identifying b/c that's the only time I've heard criticism like that about McTavish.

The weird part is McTavish played 19 playoffs games and 5 Memorial cup games, which is the same amount of regular season games played with Hamilton. It's easier to focus on McTavish in the playoffs since there are fewer teams to watch.

The WJC-20 in August was the last time McTavish played in a hockey game. In 7 games, McTavish carried the team to gold. Maybe that's why it isn't something to worry about?

Peachkings1922

Aug 13, 2022
Grimsby Ontario
Minty was leading scorer in his 1st year in NA hockey in the OHL for Saginaw. His being on an improved team or he is traded to a top contender at some point will showcase his talent and will be turning into the best D in the CHL. Has size, speed, shot, IQ is only getting better needs to pickup on the defensive side of the game. Got to like that kids potential.

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
Minty was leading scorer in his 1st year in NA hockey in the OHL for Saginaw. His being on an improved team or he is traded to a top contender at some point will showcase his talent and will be turning into the best D in the CHL. Has size, speed, shot, IQ is only getting better needs to pickup on the defensive side of the game. Got to like that kids potential.
I didn't know Zellweger was going to be in the NHL :sarcasm:

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Are they streaming the games? if so what platforms/websites?
What are you thinking? This is not a mediocre European league that can just magically stream their preseason games, this is NHL :laugh:

I wish they would but probably not, and if so, that's ridiculous

Reactions: Boo Boo

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Cannot fathom professional teams can't stream games in 2022. Literally pay some kid to record the game on his phone and it would be better than nothing. Pathetic.

Reactions: SmokeyDuck and Kalv

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Cannot fathom professional teams can't stream games in 2022. Literally pay some kid to record the game on his phone and it would be better than nothing. Pathetic.

The tournament is being held in the new Tech CU arena for the Barracudas, Sharks' AHL team. We know there is an AHL live streaming service. One would think they would try to get their video streaming kinks out during the rookie tournament with respect to camera placement or obstructions, feed technicalities in-house and out, as well as all of the other potential technical glitches for broadcasting.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
I like them
That's the guy that tried to break Beleskey re-signing on Twitter and his source was his friend saw him at a restaurant and Beleksey apparently told him.... I don't mind him he tries his best to cover the Ducks but yeah.... he's just like another HFBoards poster with more time on his hands.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
That's the guy that tried to break Beleskey re-signing on Twitter and his source was his friend saw him at a restaurant and Beleksey apparently told him.... I don't mind him he tries his best to cover the Ducks but yeah.... he's just like another HFBoards poster with more time on his hands.
I didn't know that. I like their prospect profiles and the occasional stuff I've seen. I remember liking them better than Anaheim Calling :laugh:

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
I didn't know that. I like their prospect profiles and the occasional stuff I've seen. I remember liking them better than Anaheim Calling :laugh:
Oh most definitely lol

Reactions: Kalv

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I tried watching the new "Locked on Anaheim Ducks" vidcast/podcast, but I can't get through any of his videos. I dunno what it is about that guy that makes me stop the feed... guess lots of factors. One of those factors is the info being shared is surface level stuff and I don't gain much or anything from watching. It makes me prefer watching the "Crash the Pond" guys (formerly of Anaheim Calling). I don't like many of their takes, but I do appreciate the different perspectives they give.

The CTP guys are at their best when they have media guests. They become far more open-minded and concede to other opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad