Prospect Info: 2022-23 Ducks Prospects

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I tried watching the new "Locked on Anaheim Ducks" vidcast/podcast, but I can't get through any of his videos. I dunno what it is about that guy that makes me stop the feed... guess lots of factors. One of those factors is the info being shared is surface level stuff and I don't gain much or anything from watching. It makes me prefer watching the "Crash the Pond" guys (formerly of Anaheim Calling). I don't like many of their takes, but I do appreciate the different perspectives they give.

The CTP guys are at their best when they have media guests. They become far more open-minded and concede to other opinions.
The Locked on Anaheim Ducks dude would get absolutely grilled if he was on these forums. He is clueless and has some of the worst takes I've ever seen.

Reactions: Rasp

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I gotta admit that I'm unfamiliar with KHL rules, but if he were ever to make the jump to the NHL, do we get first dibs on signing him? Is there an age / limit past which our rights expire and any team can sign him?
So far it looks like he is not progressing much, just showing flashes of good plays.

FWIW

Reactions: Arthuros

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Duck players on the listed NCAA teams
2. Minnesota: LD LaCombe​
5. Minn-Duluth: RD Francis​
8. Notre Dame: C/RW Janicke​
9. Northeaster: RW Colangelo​
11. Harvard: LD Thrun and RD Moore​

If I'm missing anyone, then please add on to the list. Thx!
No way Thrun believes they can make a push, he just wants to be gone, lol

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
No way Thrun believes they can make a push, he just wants to be gone, lol

or he wants a degree from Harvard.....

Maybe both. Last year's ECAC hockey tournament winners was Harvard. They lost to Minn St. in the first round of the Frozen Four tourney, 4-3. Minn St was in the championship game. On the way there, Minn St. trounced Minny (LaCombe, McLaughlin, Perbix) in the semi-finals, 5-1.

Who knows what Harvard can do next season? Maybe Thrun becomes its leading scorer all throughout the season this year while being captain.

BTW, according to CapFriendly reserve list, the latest we can sign Thrun is Aug 15, 2024. Since the IVY league didn't play during COVID season, there must have been an automatic extension in place. Technically, this is Thrun's junior season. Thrun said he wanted an additional 30 more NCAA games under his belt in an Athletic article, but also said the org and him will talk about it. If the latest Thrun can be signed is 2024 is true, then it all makes sense about talking about the decision to come to the Ducks after his season is over this season.

Things are looking better on the Thrun front now.

Reactions: Kalv

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
USHL and QMJHL regular seasons begin tomorrow (9/22). We have only one USHL prospect (Callow, Muskegon lumberjacks) and four QMJHL prospects (Hinds, Warren, Luneau, Gaucher).

OHL season starts 9/29, WHL starts Friday, 9/23.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
USHL and QMJHL regular seasons begin tomorrow (9/22). We have only one USHL prospect (Callow, Muskegon lumberjacks) and four QMJHL prospects (Hinds, Warren, Luneau, Gaucher).

OHL season starts 9/29, WHL starts Friday, 9/23.
Callow is the only of these listed to not be invited to training camp, so I imagine he will be in the lineup for the regular season opener tomorrow.

All of our CHL Prospects have been invited to camp, so in the case of our QMJHL and whl kids, they most likely will not get in games until late next week.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Michael callow finished scoreless in a 7-4 debut win for Muskegon today. Some assists are seemingly being added post-game as the USHL website wasn't properly registering the game, so this could change.

Reactions: Kalv

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Our ducks prospect reporter also reported that ethan bowen isn't on Vermont's roster, so it's unclear where he will be playing this year.

I saw a message board for UVM off-season believing that Bowen is stepping away from hockey and that he didn't report to the Ducks' dev camp. The post was from Sept 13, 2022.

Here's a podcast from March 31, 2022 that interviewed Bowen. Bowen said at the time he's been in contact with Anaheim org often and was excited to go back to Dev camp.

Who knows what is really going on, but from the podcast Bowen was set on going to the Anaheim Dev camp and he didn't go.

Reactions: Static

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
Due to recent camp cuts expect

Friday- Pasta plays at 4:30, Hvidston plays at 6:00
Saturday- Pasta and Mintyukov play each other at 4:05, Hvidston plays at 6:00, Luneau plays at 4:00
Sunday- Luneau plays at 12:00, mintyukov plays at 2:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad