Prospect Info: 2022-23 Ducks Prospects

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
I don't know if that's really true. At the draft Fowler was given a jersey with no name on the back. Etem, selected at 30, had his name on the jersey. I think it's pretty obvious the Ducks were going to slect Etem at 12 until Fowler fell. Then of course selected Etem when he fell. IIRC Etem was supposedly a mid first round consensus? They liked Etem a lot. Madden can thank the Rangers for not looking bad that year.
I've only attended one draft and I'm glad that was the one. Had a ton of fun chirping LA fans because they knew we made out like bandits at the time.

In retrospect, I wonder who we would've taken 29th overall if Fowler was taken before 12th and we took Etem in that spot. Interesting to think about how our team would've looked if we took Etem at 12 and Faulk at 29. Brock Nelson was also available at 29.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Which is what Murray did, but not for a forward prospect/young guy. He used defensemen in trades for established NHL talent in that playoff push during that six consecutive playoff appearances with two WCF showings.

Murray did admit that he probably should have changed over sooner with youth, but I think he wanted to chase the cup and felt confident his drafted forwards would be a bridge. Murray stopped drafting defensemen in favor of forwards between the 2016-18 drafts. Mahura was a 3rd rd pick in 2016 and Hunter Drew a 7th round pick. Murray banked heaving on Steel, Jones, Comtois, Morand, Badini, Lundy, Groulx, and McLaughlin. So far, Jones is still kicking around, Lundy looks like he could stick around, and Groulx could be here next year as a 4C.

Here's Murray's 2021 after the season review:

On the team's offensive struggles
We got older, and maybe I waited too long to start this, whatever word you want to use. We got older, and guys were less willing to go to those places. I don't quite have the answers to why some of our people's production has gone down. Ricky [Rickard Rakell] has had two years in a row where he's just not scoring, and he does get scoring chances. We've got to get them back on the right page. With the coaching staff, we have to come up with a few new ideas on how to do this, how to get to the tough areas to score goals.
Which trades are your referring to?

This is a list of dmen that come to mind who were shipped out/lost over the past 5-6 years or so:

Montour
Theodore
Pettersson
Vatanen
Mahura
Manson
Lindholm

Could be forgetting something, but the only one who brought back established talent was Vatanen for Rico, which was fine. Obviously Mahura, Manson, and Lindholm left under Verbeek, but how Murray handled those other guys is the biggest blemish on his record imo. Manson and LIndholm probably should've also been moved under his watch.

Reactions: Deuce22

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I've only attended one draft and I'm glad that was the one. Had a ton of fun chirping LA fans because they knew we made out like bandits at the time.

In retrospect, I wonder who we would've taken 29th overall if Fowler was taken before 12th and we took Etem in that spot. Interesting to think about how our team would've looked if we took Etem at 12 and Faulk at 29. Brock Nelson was also available at 29.
Yeah, wouldn't that have been interesting in hindsight.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
“More from the team” = meaning the Ducks?

One more reason to rag on Scouching. The guy deleted his YouTube channel and purged his content. I wish I could’ve downloaded his draft reaction video to listen about our prospects again. Any good scouting report on Ben King?

I thought he did that because he works for some company now instead on his own.

Scouching's 2019 recap of the Ducks' draft was a positive one. He didn't like McTavish despite denoting he had the highest development jump from the whole draft. Scouching did think if a team wanted him in the 5-10 range, then he could see it... just not himself.

There are some newer YT scouting content, but they're like 2022/23 new.

Ben King Scouting Reports
THW: link
FC Hockey: link... scroll down

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013

I was at this game. Hinds was as advertised, just a quiet, steady presence, didnt really make any really notable plays but it felt like he was over the boards every second shift and the moose had a rough game offensively so he definitely deserves some credit. He was doing a lot of battling with Zach l'Heureux (Nashville first rounder/notorious shithead) in front of the net and you could tell l'Heureux was getting annoyed with all the shots Hinds was giving him.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I remember there was a certain poster here who said Hinds was “soft” and “didn’t like to use his size”.

Could become a really poor take

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I remember there was a certain poster here who said Hinds was “soft” and “didn’t like to use his size”.

Could become a really poor take
I have said something similar but not sure you mean me :laugh:

I still don't think he's that physical, but I think he is using his size (to block players for example) more. He's certainly no Manson or anything

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012

I still don't think he's that physical, but I think he is using his size (to block players for example) more. He's certainly no Manson or anything
I didn’t mean you lol. I agree he’s not out there trucking people but he definitely doesn’t play small out there

Reactions: Kalv

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I'm still upset on some of the plays that die on Gauchers stick, but I think he's having a decent game (hanging around the net a lot) and he just scored a goal on 2-on-1.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

I think too many people associate physical play only with "violent, dramatic, bone crushing hits and checks". There are physical players that don't do the "violent, dramatic, bone crushing hits and checks" such as Lindholm. Lindholm tilts the ice far more than Manson does.

When I watch Hinds, he plays similar to Lindholm such that can engage a forward, win the puck, and efficiently get the puck out of our zone asap via passing. Many other teammates touch the puck before the puck gets scored, which is why Lindholm doesn't often have scoring points, but his Corsi For is amazing.

I was at this game. Hinds was as advertised, just a quiet, steady presence, didnt really make any really notable plays but it felt like he was over the boards every second shift and the moose had a rough game offensively so he definitely deserves some credit. He was doing a lot of battling with Zach l'Heureux (Nashville first rounder/notorious shithead) in front of the net and you could tell l'Heureux was getting annoyed with all the shots Hinds was giving him.

Here's a great assessment of Hinds playing physical without the violent dramatics with battling of l'Heureux in front of the net. We've all witness Fowler curtseying around the opponent than battling the opponent in front of the net.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Gaucher has given 2 passes where it feels they should had ended up as goals but for some reason his teammates didn't score.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Hinds scores the OT winner in game 2. He has also held QMJHL leading scorer Jordan Dumais to 0 points, 4 SOG, and a -4 in 2 games.

I wouldn't hate it if Gauthier if he falls to #33 and the Ducks pick him but i'd prefer more skilled upside guys at that spot. Perhaps they try acquire another high 2nd to use on him instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad