Prospect Info: 2022-23 Ducks Prospects

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
Pastujov with 2 secondary assists in the first period of game 3. Sarnia up 2-0 going into the second

Beckett

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
I like Hinds' game more everytime I watch him. Plays such a smart pro game already and is starting to gain a lot of confidence offensively; QBing power plays and pinching super aggressively... which he can continue to get away with since he's such a good skater. One thing I hope he improves is his shot, doesnt seem to have much special to offer there. Defensively he's always been great, covers a ton of the zone with his quick feet and long stick and isnt afraid to get physical. I love Luneau, Warren and Zell as prospects but it wouldnt surprise me at all if Hinds ends up with the best career.

All Mighty

Sep 20, 2014
California
allmightyhockeytalk.com
Quebec deals a devastating blow as they beat Gatineau in OT to take a 3-0 series lead. Gaucher finished 1+2 and Luneau finished 0+3.

Sherbrooke lost, but still lead the series 2-1. Hinds finished scoreless.

Sarnia won its first game of the series to make it 2-1. Pastujov finished 1+2.

Kamloops is about to play a must-win game, as Seattle is up 2-0 in the series.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017
Quebec deals a devastating blow as they beat Gatineau in OT to take a 3-0 series lead. Gaucher finished 1+2 and Luneau finished 0+3.

Sherbrooke lost, but still lead the series 2-1. Hinds finished scoreless.

Sarnia won its first game of the series to make it 2-1. Pastujov finished 1+2.

Kamloops is about to play a must-win game, as Seattle is up 2-0 in the series.

I understand what you’re saying, but they still automatically qualify as hosts right (I know they’d rather win their way in than backdooring)

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017
How much of the man will translate? As for now he looks like a right choice.

Zellweger? I stated my opinion somewhere earlier in the thread: there’s always inherent questions with smaller DMen in their own end and how they can handle the physicality of the pro game, but the offensive instincts are too good, I think he’ll be an impact player in the league for a long time

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2012
I can't see Zell not turning into Sam Girard at the very least. I don't think he'll be able to overcome the size issue to be a true top pair 2 way D, but I also wouldn't write it off because I think there's a lot more compete in his game than a guy like Girard who is basically destined to be a 3rd pair puck mover on good teams.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Another great game for Gaucher despite being 9/28 on faceoffs (WTF???).

1 goal, 2 assists, 3rd star and the big play on the game winner that sent Malatesta on the breakaway.
He often has meh-games in the dot tbh. He also managed to be -1 somehow, but even as his (or our picks) critic, I'm really glad to see he was creating chances for his teammates left and right. I'd love him to have a bit more tenacity, he sometimes seems to be flowing around a bit (which might be because of his heavy skating), and for a defensive center, I'd love him to be consistently good at faceoffs. But he's certainly doing some things right, currently 2nd on his team in playoff scoring.

goonsaredumb

Sep 30, 2022
I'd love him to be consistently good at faceoffs.
He was 2nd in the regular season and is 3rd in the playoffs amongst forwards who actually take a lot of faceoffs in FO%, now my cutoff for what I considered taking a lot of faceoffs might be arbitrary but I think it's fair, 100+ for the playoffs and 500+ for the regular season, he's definitely one of the most consistently good faceoff guys in the league anyway you look at it winning almost 60% of his draws.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
He was 2nd in the regular season and is 3rd in the playoffs amongst forwards who actually take a lot of faceoffs in FO%, now my cutoff for what I considered taking a lot of faceoffs might be arbitrary but I think it's fair, 100+ for the playoffs and 500+ for the regular season, he's definitely one of the most consistently good faceoff guys in the league anyway you look at it winning almost 60% of his draws.
Thank you for pointing that out, I hadn't checked. Do you have the % as well?
It seemed whenever I watched him he was winning about 50% at best, might be just my luck.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I think Gaucher and Lundeström would be great together on the same line. Very annoying to play against. Both could take faceoffs and they play like warriors.
I like the idea of

Jones Lundy gaucher as our 3rd line of the future…. But idk if they can generate enough scoring together. Would be good defensively and good on forecheck. And honestly our top 6 should be pretty top notch offensively…. So we just need timely scoring from the 3rd line and the ability to shut other teams stars down

Lundy has shown he can do more offensively
Unfortunately Jones still leaves a lot to desire offensively

Reactions: JabbaJabba

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
I can't see Zell not turning into Sam Girard at the very least. I don't think he'll be able to overcome the size issue to be a true top pair 2 way D, but I also wouldn't write it off because I think there's a lot more compete in his game than a guy like Girard who is basically destined to be a 3rd pair puck mover on good teams.
I have set the unreasonable goal for him to be like Ryan Ellis.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
I think Zellweger is a much more dynamic player than Girard. Girard might have a slight edge in skating but Zellweger looks to have a much better shot and the ability to get it on net consistently. I agree that Zellweger also has much more compete in his game as well. His size is always going to be an issue at the NHL level though. It doesn't strike me that PV is going to be happy with two sub-6' defensemen (Zellweger and Drysdale) in the lineup. Going to be interesting to see how that all shakes out.

Reactions: Kalv
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad