Prospect Info: 2022-23 Ducks Prospects

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
I like the idea of

Jones Lundy gaucher as our 3rd line of the future…. But idk if they can generate enough scoring together. Would be good defensively and good on forecheck. And honestly our top 6 should be pretty top notch offensively…. So we just need timely scoring from the 3rd line and the ability to shut other teams stars down

Lundy has shown he can do more offensively
Unfortunately Jones still leaves a lot to desire offensively

Yeah Jones would bring energy and more size to that line. I would like it if the 3rd guy was someone fast with a good shot. Someone who can start the counter attack quickly and keep the opposing team on their toes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
I like the idea of

Jones Lundy gaucher as our 3rd line of the future…. But idk if they can generate enough scoring together. Would be good defensively and good on forecheck. And honestly our top 6 should be pretty top notch offensively…. So we just need timely scoring from the 3rd line and the ability to shut other teams stars down

I like that as a 4th line. Not nearly enough offense to be a 3rd line in today's NHL.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I like the idea of

Jones was 5G 6A 11P in his last 22 games. If he can be that player all the time, 20G/40P with a strong forecheck would be fine on a 3rd line. Hopefully he’s figured it out vs a hot streak.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Luneau has to go back next year, correct? Also, not signed yet.

Luneau doesn't turn 20 years old until next Jan. For a CHL player to play in the AHL, he needs to become age 20 by Dec 31st of that season. It'll good for Luneau to continue to work on his skating burst in juniors than at the NHL level. Also, it'll be good defensive prospect layering going pro (AHL/NHL) for the organization. And yes, he's not signed yet.

D already in pro leagues: Drysdale, Vaaks, Andersson, and Helleson
D going pro next season: LaCombe, Zellweger, Hinds, and Minty
D going pro in 2024-24: Luneau, Warren, and Moore (potentially as an NCAA junior).

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Gaucher with the mic drop line. Almost everybody had favored Gatineau to win the series. Gaucher said it motivated Quebec.

S. LEROUX: Would you like to be given the role of underdogs again in the final?

N. GAUCHER: No, it's ok. I think you learned from your mistakes.

I love this kid. I wish the Habs would have had a chance on him with their 2nd pick of the first round.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Gaucher with the mic drop line. Almost everybody had favored Gatineau to win the series. Gaucher said it motivated Quebec.

I love this kid. I wish the Habs would have had a chance on him with their 2nd pick of the first round.

I think he’ll def bring a lot to the team…. Might not be a top 6 player…. But seems like he could be a good 3rd liner with character, which you need in playoffs

Reactions: KaseMeOutside

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
I think he’ll def bring a lot to the team…. Might not be a top 6 player…. But seems like he could be a good 3rd liner with character, which you need in playoffs
It all depends and it is way too early to predict. Who thought Lafreniere or Kakko would be where they are now? It can also be that he may be a perfect fit ala Steve Rucchin. Time will tell where he ends up.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

I think I said the same at the time of the pick, but he strikes me as the type of player Tampa has targetted over the past few years, to compliment their skill guys.

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017

Between Zegras, Gaucher, and hopefully Bedard or Fantilli, teams are going to HATE playing us lol. So many agitators

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Man.. I wonder if I should even post this or not. Met a professional scout for a certain team at work today. Scouts the college circuit heavily and frequently - BUT says he does not work with the actual draft personnel. (Maybe more along the lines of College and potential UFAs)

Doesn’t think Anaheim will sign Coleangelo or Perbix. Said both are inconsistent in what PV is looking for. He had glowing reviews on Thrun, LaCombe, Nesterenko and even Moore.

He was pleasantly surprised that I was a fan of Anaheim and knew much about their prospects.. thinks we are on the up and up especially if we acquire Bedard.

One thing that doesn’t shock me is that he says the draft team wants to shy away from college players because of the loophole that allows them to turn towards FA.

Sorry for the long post - but it was a nice surprise to shoot the shit with someone in the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad