Prospect Info: 2022-23 Ducks Prospects

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Man.. I wonder if I should even post this or not. Met a professional scout for a certain team at work today. Scouts the college circuit heavily and frequently - BUT says he does not work with the actual draft personnel. (Maybe more along the lines of College and potential UFAs)

Doesn’t think Anaheim will sign Coleangelo or Perbix. Said both are inconsistent in what PV is looking for. He had glowing reviews on Thrun, LaCombe, Nesterenko and even Moore.

He was pleasantly surprised that I was a fan of Anaheim and knew much about their prospects.. thinks we are on the up and up especially if we acquire Bedard.

One thing that doesn’t shock me is that he says the draft team wants to shy away from college players because of the loophole that allows them to turn towards FA.

Sorry for the long post - but it was a nice surprise to shoot the shit with someone in the field.
Awesome insight, I think everything checks out from a logicl standpoint of what we've seen and what we've heard and seen from Verbeek.

Nice he acknowledged Moore, I really liked how he looked in some of the games

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I feel as though Gaucher will become a complementary player on a line with Zegras or Terry (or Bedard) sort of the way that Kunitz was with Selanne and McDonald.
He'd be the least talented guy on the line but he'd be the guy who goes to the net and dishes out hits on anyone who tries to play dirty towards Zegras/Terry.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Man.. I wonder if I should even post this or not. Met a professional scout for a certain team at work today. Scouts the college circuit heavily and frequently - BUT says he does not work with the actual draft personnel. (Maybe more along the lines of College and potential UFAs)

Doesn’t think Anaheim will sign Coleangelo or Perbix. Said both are inconsistent in what PV is looking for. He had glowing reviews on Thrun, LaCombe, Nesterenko and even Moore.

He was pleasantly surprised that I was a fan of Anaheim and knew much about their prospects.. thinks we are on the up and up especially if we acquire Bedard.

One thing that doesn’t shock me is that he says the draft team wants to shy away from college players because of the loophole that allows them to turn towards FA.

Sorry for the long post - but it was a nice surprise to shoot the shit with someone in the field.
If that is the case we should hope Colangelo has a good season and we are able to package him in a trade rather than just miss fairly big on a high pick.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Awesome insight, I think everything checks out from a logicl standpoint of what we've seen and what we've heard and seen from Verbeek.

Nice he acknowledged Moore, I really liked how he looked in some of the games
We better hope we hit on Drysdale and Moore, or our 2020 class will be a big miss….

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Gaucher with the mic drop line. Almost everybody had favored Gatineau to win the series. Gaucher said it motivated Quebec.

S. LEROUX: Would you like to be given the role of underdogs again in the final?

N. GAUCHER: No, it's ok. I think you learned from your mistakes.

I love this kid. I wish the Habs would have had a chance on him with their 2nd pick of the first round.

Adding Bedard/Fantilli to our current group is going to give us a real murderer's row of smug assholes, which is a good thing.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
The first of the back to back wins for Sarnia, was actually the first ever conference final game they've won as a franchise. Besides having Pastujov, they are easy to root for against the perennial powerhouse Knights.

Reactions: Static

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
Prospect poll will be interesting, Minty and Zell are so neck and neck for me at times.

goonsaredumb

Sep 30, 2022
I cant wait to see Zellweger in the NHL
people have their concerns about his size or whatever, but the stuff he's elite at I have no reason to believe that stuff won't translate, his skating is unreal, his shot is insane, and his positioning is fantastic, plus he's built like a tank, his teammates during the world juniors said he's always eating and Bedard specifically said he's jacked.

All Mighty

Sep 20, 2014
California
allmightyhockeytalk.com
Kamloops loses and goes down 3-1 in the series. It’s worth noting that this Seattle team is one of the most stacked junior teams I’ve seen. They have 5 1st round picks (Guenther, Korchinski, Lambert, Schaeffer, and Allen), 1 2nd rounder (Dach), and 1 3rd rounder (Prokop), plus the most recent starting goalie for the Canadian WJC team (Milic).

EDIT: This is in comparison to Kamloops who has 0 1st rounders, 3 2nd rounders (Zellweger, Stankoven, Minten), and 1 3rd rounder (Bankier).

Last edited:

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Olen has scored his second of the game

What a rocket

We haven't had a dman who could shoot like that for lonnnnng time.

Olen has the potential to be a dman that marries skill and skating prowess with a grade A hockey mind. Dmen like that are a ton of fun to watch and are the ones who put up the big numbers.

Last edited:

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

Yeah, not shocking. We didn't draft a college bound player until our second 5th round pick in Callow. Could also be a reason why we passed upon Snuggerud in the first round.

If PV avoids college players in rounds 1 - 4, then that fear of not coming over as a Duck could force Michkov out of Verbeek purview, along with other Russian prospects.

Reactions: Kalv

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Zellweger scores again. It also looks like his goal from last game was changed to an assist as it was deflected in by a forward.

So he just waits around the opposing sides net? Good thay it didn't end up in a counter-attack :)

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I cant wait to see Zellweger in the NHL
I think he will beed a longer adjustment time than what most of us expect. The way he plays there will just not crack it in the pros.
But the talent is just breathtaking, no doubt.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
We haven't had a dman who could shoot like that for lonnnnng time.

Olen has the potential to be a dman that marries skill and skating prowess with a grade A hockey mind. Dmen like that are a ton of fun to watch and are the ones who put up the big numbers.
Last shooting Dman they drafted was Montour ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad