Prospect Info: 2022-23 Ducks Prospects

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I’m pretty jazzed about him. He’s that sneaky guy that borderline winds up a core player for you

I don't know about sneaky, but Hinds has been overshadowed with the 2022 defensive crop. Even new GM Verbeek was surprised about Hinds game when Verbeek finally saw Hinds at rookie and regular training camp, which prompted Verbeek to give Hinds an ELC. Zellweger's offense, Mintyukov offense, Warren's size, and Luneau's offense makes many defensive d-men (DFD) get lost in the background. Hinds, Moore, and LaCombe often get overlooked because many are looking for that bedazzling factor.

Since he was drafted, I was on his hype train. I think he was originally going to be our original 3rd round pick, but we couldn't pass up on Pastujov falling into our laps. We still wanted him that we used our 2022 third round pick to move back into the 2021 third round for Hinds. I love the fact that he can play LD or RD as a left shot player.

The scouting report on him were mostly "only a defensive guy with a low ceiling and nothing more". I think Dobberprospects was the only one who gave Hinds a higher potential.
Hinds​
QMJHL​
Season​
Year​
Team​
Games​
G​
A​
Pts​
PPG​
Plus/Minus​
Comment​
D+0​
2020-21​
Shawinigan​
10​
0​
1​
1​
0.10​
3​
Defense, no offense​
Rimouski​
23​
6​
9​
15​
0.65​
7​
Improved offense​
D+1​
2021-22​
Rimouski​
23​
5​
11​
16​
0.70​
5​
Improved offense sustained​
Sherbrooke​
38​
7​
12​
19​
0.50​
23​
Improved defense​
D+2​
2022-23​
Sherbrooke​
56​
11​
43​
54​
0.96​
61​
Improved off & def; Highest +/- for D in league​
WJC-20​
7​
2​
0​
2​
0.29​
9​
Highest +/- for D on team​

Hinds is the third player drafted who was a late riser/late bloomer in the 2021 draft. McTavish and Zellweger were the first two late riser/late bloomer. All three are looking great! I love our scouting department with defensemen!

I hope that Hinds might be that dark horse that makes the NHL club next year because we don't have a player like that at the NHL level at this moment. I think it's a good time because it'll be another development season, but we'd be extremely young. Plus, Hinds can do something most rookie d-men can't, be trusted on the PK unit.

Fowler - Harrington (if re-signed)
LaCombe*-Drysdale
White-Hinds*
Vaaks

* = rookie

Wow. I still feel terrible about our PK unit. I dunno if LaCombe will play on the PK, but I know he did in college.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
I don't know about sneaky, but Hinds has been overshadowed with the 2022 defensive crop. Even new GM Verbeek was surprised about Hinds game when Verbeek finally saw Hinds at rookie and regular training camp, which prompted Verbeek to give Hinds an ELC. Zellweger's offense, Mintyukov offense, Warren's size, and Luneau's offense makes many defensive d-men (DFD) get lost in the background. Hinds, Moore, and LaCombe often get overlooked because many are looking for that bedazzling factor.

Since he was drafted, I was on his hype train. I think he was originally going to be our original 3rd round pick, but we couldn't pass up on Pastujov falling into our laps. We still wanted him that we used our 2022 third round pick to move back into the 2021 third round for Hinds. I love the fact that he can play LD or RD as a left shot player.

The scouting report on him were mostly "only a defensive guy with a low ceiling and nothing more". I think Dobberprospects was the only one who gave Hinds a higher potential.
Hinds​
QMJHL​
Season​
Year​
Team​
Games​
G​
A​
Pts​
PPG​
Plus/Minus​
Comment​
D+0​
2020-21​
Shawinigan​
10​
0​
1​
1​
0.10​
3​
Defense, no offense​
Rimouski​
23​
6​
9​
15​
0.65​
7​
Improved offense​
D+1​
2021-22​
Rimouski​
23​
5​
11​
16​
0.70​
5​
Improved offense sustained​
Sherbrooke​
38​
7​
12​
19​
0.50​
23​
Improved defense​
D+2​
2022-23​
Sherbrooke​
56​
11​
43​
54​
0.96​
61​
Improved off & def; Highest +/- for D in league​
WJC-20​
7​
2​
0​
2​
0.29​
9​
Highest +/- for D on team​

Hinds is the third player drafted who was a late riser/late bloomer in the 2021 draft. McTavish and Zellweger were the first two late riser/late bloomer. All three are looking great! I love our scouting department with defensemen!

I hope that Hinds might be that dark horse that makes the NHL club next year because we don't have a player like that at the NHL level at this moment. I think it's a good time because it'll be another development season, but we'd be extremely young. Plus, Hinds can do something most rookie d-men can't, be trusted on the PK unit.

Fowler - Harrington (if re-signed)
LaCombe*-Drysdale
White-Hinds*
Vaaks

* = rookie

Wow. I still feel terrible about our PK unit. I dunno if LaCombe will play on the PK, but I know he did in college.
I wonder how many teams Hinds would be the #1 D prospect on... he may not be top 3 here haha

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
I wonder how many teams Hinds would be the #1 D prospect on... he may not be top 3 here haha

Maybe I’m just spoiled from our d prospect pool but I gotta think that most teams have a defender as good or better than hinds, right?

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Maybe I’m just spoiled from our d prospect pool but I gotta think that most teams have a defender as good or better than hinds, right?
I'm sure several do, maybe even most. But not sure if there might be a handful of teams at least? Having 4 prospects be considered a good shot for solid NHL roles and only one of them a 1st rounder (and barely top 10) is pretty good.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
Thats part of why i think Zell will pan out more than Drysdale. Drysdale is both super soft and small, Zell is short but he plays much bigger than his size and is chirpier like Montour was.
Drysdale also has a muffin shot while Zell has a german panzer cannon of a shot.
Zellweger certainly appears to be building a solid body with a frame that can handle it.

Drysdale’s frame seems slight.

I worry we have a pretty small group in the offensive group of d

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

Whoa, whoa, whoa... I don't know about that. Hinds is a shutdown D who's offense perked up to close to a point per game rate in the CHL this past season. Most defensive guys aren't ranked high to begin with, but they're probably the ones who tilt the ice often, especially in the playoffs.

As for Hinds' ranking in our system, here's Wheeler's Feb 3, 2023 Anaheim pool ranking:

1. LD Minty​
2. LD/RD Zell​
4. RD Luneau​
5. LD Thrun​
7. LD/RD LaCombe​
11. LD/RD Hinds​

LaCombe and Hinds are overlooked, they're the two I'm hyped about.

Here's Hinds' ELC signing HFboards thread: link.

Here's our 2022 summer prospect rankings:

20. Hinds​

Defensive d-men aren't highly rated.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Zellweger certainly appears to be building a solid body with a frame that can handle it.

• OFD
    • LD/RD Zellweger: 5'10 and 183 lbs (probably more swole than that)
    • RD Drysdale: 5'11 and 183 lbs (he looked more massive in recent pics)
    • RD Luneau: 6'1 and 174 lbs
    • LD Mintyukov: 6'1 and 192 lbs

• 2WD/Transitional D
    • RD Andersson: 6'0 and 179 lbs
    • LD/RD LaCombe: 6'2 and 201 lbs
    • RD Helleson: 6'3 and 205 lbs

• DFD
    • LD/RD Hinds: 6'3 and 181 lbs
    • RD Moore: 6'3 and 185 lbs
    • RD Warren: 6'5 and 225 lbs

Right now, only Drysdale is at the NHL level. He's added a lot of mass since his draft year, but lost a year in development. Zellweger will be in the AHL learning defensive structures. He can take the baby steps of physicality there for a year or so.

Take a look at the rest of our defensive prospects. We can pair Drysdale and Zellweger with our bigger players.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site

Drysdale is only listed as 4 pounds lighter than Makar, who plays with a lot more edge. I’m hoping our players start to show a bit of nastiness.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
42 save shutout, wow.

Halifax's goalie Mathis Rousseau is very good and is playing unbelievable these playoffs. Back to back shutouts from him to close out the series. Sherbrooke took it to the Moose the first game and after they won game 2 I really thought Halifax was going to get swept.

Gaucher and the Remparts will be the real challenge for them. I'm pumped I'll finally be able to see Gaucher after being away for work the last time they were in town.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Screenshot_2023-05-09-07-55-06-72_40054a3c554926b9d62df8cea7e66238.jpg

Extremely random scoop from Stephens, but good for mintyukov. As good a D+1 as we ever could have hoped for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad