Prospect Info: 2022-23 Ducks Prospects

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
Fantilli, Mintyukov, Zellweger > Zegras, Drysdale, Mctwvish by a bit IMO. It’s a good thing to be arguing about though

Fantilli is the best prospect of those 6 by a fair margin and that kind of tips the scales for me

Taking the hype of when the ratings were done:

Fantilli
Zegras
Drysdale
McTavish
Minty
Zellweger

I think its easy to forget how hyped Drysdale was coming off the 2021 season.

Reactions: lwvs84 and Kalv

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Taking the hype of when the ratings were done:

Fantilli
Zegras
Drysdale
McTavish
Minty
Zellweger

I think its easy to forget how hyped Drysdale was coming off the 2021 season.
Don’t disagree with your rankings but I think there are tiers to this argument

Fantilli

Zegras
Drysdale
McTavish
Mintyukov

Zellweger

It’s personal preference

Reactions: Hey234

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
Another cool thing about a prospect pool that adds Fantilli is that him, McTavish, Zellweger, Gaucher, and Zegras (probably a couple others I'm forgetting) have all received praise from coaches/scouts about their work ethic and dedication to improving.

We're building the anti-Leafs.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Another cool thing about a prospect pool that adds Fantilli is that him, McTavish, Zellweger, Gaucher, and Zegras (probably a couple others I'm forgetting) have all received praise from coaches/scouts about their work ethic and dedication to improving.

We're building the anti-Leafs.
On top of the work ethic, there is so much versatility too. McTaish, Gaucher, Zegras, and Fantilli/Carlsson can all play C or wing. So many of the D prospects can play either side too. We'll hopefully be better set up for if/when we get injuries too. There should be plenty of depth too.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
with all these great D prospects in the talent pool, i wonder if the ducks would be smart to flip one for a forward prospect

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
with all these great D prospects in the talent pool, i wonder if the ducks would be smart to flip one for a forward prospect

Funny enough, I was listening to the NHL channel on Sirius the other day and I'm 99% sure SOB said the Ducks should trade Zegras for a defenseman of his caliber. He was referencing the flaws in his game and that the Ducks will have McTavish, top 3 pick, and Lundestrom down the middle. Just silly.

• Haha
Reactions: lwvs84

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
It’s worth entertaining, but I wouldn’t know who. Definitely not Minty, since he probably has the best shot at becoming a true #1. Not Hinds because he brings the rarest element. Luneau is the rare right hand shot. And I wouldn’t really want to deal Olen before seeing what he can do for us, as well. Tough call, if the right accordingly big upside forward prospect was on the table.

Reactions: Dr Johnny Fever

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
It’s worth entertaining, but I wouldn’t know who. Definitely not Minty, since he probably has the best shot at becoming a true #1. Not Hinds because he brings the rarest element. Luneau is the rare right hand shot. And I wouldn’t really want to deal Olen before seeing what he can do for us, as well. Tough call, if the right accordingly big upside forward prospect was on the table.
There's no guarantee any of them will pan out either. Not saying none will, but best to wait and see if and who do before making a move like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad