Prospect Info: 2022-23 Ducks Prospects

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
It’s worth entertaining, but I wouldn’t know who. Definitely not Minty, since he probably has the best shot at becoming a true #1. Not Hinds because he brings the rarest element. Luneau is the rare right hand shot. And I wouldn’t really want to deal Olen before seeing what he can do for us, as well. Tough call, if the right accordingly big upside forward prospect was on the table.
This is my biggest fear. There's not enough room on the blueline for all the great prospects we have. How do we determine who might be worth trading without them all getting equal NHL time? But there's no way they all stay here the next 10 years. That's going to be a tough decision. Last time we had such a deep D pool we didn't manage it so well. Hoping for better results this time.

Reactions: Vipers31

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
One thing to note about the other forward is we have the "Getzlaf and Perry" or "McDonald and Selanne" for the top two lines now (the high skill guys who will drive the lines). We just need their Rakell or Kunitz, a significant drop in down in cost/quality of player. Basically need a guy that gells with the other two and compliments their play style. That should be a lot easier and cheaper to find than what we already have.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
It’s worth entertaining, but I wouldn’t know who. Definitely not Minty, since he probably has the best shot at becoming a true #1. Not Hinds because he brings the rarest element. Luneau is the rare right hand shot. And I wouldn’t really want to deal Olen before seeing what he can do for us, as well. Tough call, if the right accordingly big upside forward prospect was on the table.
zellwegger would be the one i'd be most open to dealing

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
with all these great D prospects in the talent pool, i wonder if the ducks would be smart to flip one for a forward prospect
No real need right now.

Maybe package some of the draft picks(next 2 years) to find top 6 compliment. Or move up in the draft with assets to aim at better forwards.

I think this would be the year to trade gibson…. And potentially bring back a goalie a team wants to get rid of . And I assume comtois and Henrique will be gone at some point.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
No real need right now.

Maybe package some of the draft picks(next 2 years) to find top 6 compliment. Or move up in the draft with assets to aim at better forwards.

I think this would be the year to trade gibson…. And potentially bring back a goalie a team wants to get rid of . And I assume comtois and Henrique will be gone at some point.
There’s no way I’d trade any of those D for higher draft picks. That’s insane. If you trade them it’s for similar prospects at F who might complement our core.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
There’s no way I’d trade any of those D for higher draft picks. That’s insane. If you trade them it’s for similar prospects at F who might complement our core.
Huh

I was saying use our draft picks to move up to grab forwards we want. We have 5 picks in 2/3 round the next 2 years

I wouldn’t trade any of our d prospects right now even for equal forwards

GermanRocket7

Make Bettman irrelevant again
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2008
Düsseldorf
This is why we shouldn’t be too upset for not landing Bedard.
I think the vast majority of people are not upset we didn't land Bedard, but upset that he had to go to a franchise that literally just had to admit they covered up a year-long sexual assault by one of their staff and did not have to forfeit a single draft pick for this. I mean, seriously...even if I'm sound sore, but Chicago never should have been a possibility for Bedard to begin with.

Atlanta will never again get a hockey franchise worth more than $50. Ever. This city has shown time and again how f***ing incapable they are of running a hockey franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad