Prospect Info: 2022-23 Ducks Prospects

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I'm not sure how to word this properly, but Verbeek doesn't strike me as a junior type of scout. He seems to be more into the college/American guys judging by the prospects he's brought in.

Our 2022 draft runs a bit contrary since we only drafted one NCAA guy, with our second 5th round pick.

Rd 1. D Minty, Russia in CHL
Rd 1. C Gaucher, Canada in CHL
Rd 2. D Warren, Canada in CHL
Rd 2. D Luneau, Canada in CHL
Rd 4. C King, Canada in CHL
Rd 5. LW Hvidston, Canada in CHL
Rd 5. RW Callow, USA will be NCAA in 2023-24
Rd 6. G Buteyets, Russian in VHL/KHL

UDFA or College FA or trade
- F Wiebe, Canada, CHL
- F Caulfield, USA, NCAA
- F Nesterenko, USA, NCAA

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Gaucher was -1 with only 2 SOG (in highlights I saw he was doing a great screen but the shot hit the crossbar). But he was 22 of 28 in the faceoffs, that's ridiculous, I cannot recall ever seeing this kind of a stat :laugh:

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Gaucher was -1 with only 2 SOG (in highlights I saw he was doing a great screen but the shot hit the crossbar). But he was 22 of 28 in the faceoffs, that's ridiculous, I cannot recall ever seeing this kind of a stat :laugh:
When Nathan Gaucher reaches the NHL he'll look like John Snow (Mason McTavish) friend in Game of Thrones lol:
1503503945-syn-elm-1503486795-kristofer-hivju-as-tormund-got-1.jpg

Reactions: Kalv

Rasp

Apr 9, 2019
Gaucher is scoring well in the playoffs with 7G 9A 16P in 14 games so far. He is justifying why we picked him and I cant wait to see him in AHL next year. He is going to be a core player for us for a long time.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Gaucher is scoring well in the playoffs with 7G 9A 16P in 14 games so far. He is justifying why we picked him and I cant wait to see him in AHL next year. He is going to be a core player for us for a long time.
Depends what you mean by core. I highly doubt he’ll ever actually be a core piece (one of our 5 best players) but he can be an unsung hero type

Reactions: lwvs84 and Kalv

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Depends what you mean by core. I highly doubt he’ll ever actually be a core piece (one of our 5 best players) but he can be an unsung hero type
He’ll be a guy that plays an honest game, I imagine will score timely goals, and fans will love.

He’s not going to be a star player, but the type of guy you want come playoff time.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

I think you're mistaking best 5 players with core players. Core players are players you can build around. Silf wasn't one of the 5 best players in the team's hey days, but he's a core player and was made an assistant captain. I think Lundy is currently a core player as a 3C b/c he helps solidify our center position, which is very important depth to have. Of course, if Lundy has another rough season like this season, then he might be kicked out of the core.

Rob Niedermayer's role is a great example of what to expect out of Gaucher. In the playoffs, the Moen-Pahlsson-Robbie line was amazing for us and helped win the Cup. We could be putting up a future shutdown, 3rd line of Jones-Lundy-Gaucher.

• Haha
Reactions: AngelDuck

nbducksfan19

Jun 4, 2008
I think Gaucher's offense could be being underrated. When I watch him, I think the way he scores will translate seamlessly to the NHL. It may not be pretty like Zegras and I don't think he will get close to a point per game player, but I could very much see him being Kesler-lite, and putting up 40-60 points and produce in the playoffs.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I think Gaucher's offense could be being underrated. When I watch him, I think the way he scores will translate seamlessly to the NHL. It may not be pretty like Zegras and I don't think he will get close to a point per game player, but I could very much see him being Kesler-lite, and putting up 40-60 points and produce in the playoffs.
He could even become the net front presence garbage man who cleans up rebounds from Zegras/Fantilli as well as being a right shot on left shot heavy team. At least on the power play they might work together the 3 of them.

Zegras/Fantilli/Gaucher
Pastujov/McTavish/Terry
Tracey/Lundestrom/Perreault
Jones/Groulx/Tschigerl

Reactions: lwvs84

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I’ll bet he never gets near 60. 40 is possible

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
I’ll bet he never gets near 60. 40 is possible
Agreed.

Lawson Crouse is probably the best possible outcome for Gaucher and his career high is 45 points at 25 years old. Nic Roy is the most likely positive outcome. Derek Grant is the most likely negative outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad