Prospect Info: 2022-23 Ducks Prospects

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Selfishly I like it in the offseason since it takes up time and entertains when there is nothing entertaining.

Logically I get what you are saying.

I actually think Moore could get a big bump in stock if he does well in USAs top 4.
Yeah off season is boring all we can talk about is stupid statues and how bad our defense is going to be.

Reactions: Kalv

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Selfishly I like it in the offseason since it takes up time and entertains when there is nothing entertaining.

Logically I get what you are saying.

I actually think Moore could get a big bump in stock if he does well in USAs top 4.
i guess, but I also feel that juniors isn’t somewhere I’d like to judge our prospects on because only some get to play isn’t

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Why not wait lol its gonna happen one way or another I know it's the offseason but I've always wondered why we did it so early. I feel like we should see all the prospects as much as we can rookie camp, rookie games, training camp, preseason before we rank anyone if we want the rankings to be as good as possible.
It's just a way to pass the time when nothing else is happening. Sure it might change slightly if you wait a few weeks, but in the end, what a bunch of nerds with keyboards think about where a prospect is rated isn't really all that important ha.

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
No clue how accurate this is, but it says McTavish is with Bedard and Othmann. Zellweger on the top pair. And then they somehow managed to form a line where Gaucher might be the smallest one.
View attachment 574508

Zell on the right side, huh? I know it's been mentioned here before. Wonder if that's his preference or if coaches like him there. Maybe both?

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Zell on the right side, huh? I know it's been mentioned here before. Wonder if that's his preference or if coaches like him there. Maybe both?
I remember watching a interview of him saying he doesn't care which side he plays & that he feels comfortable on both but players usually always say that... So take it however you will lol

All Mighty

Sep 20, 2014
California
allmightyhockeytalk.com
They have 1 RHD, so multiple lefties have to play the right. I assume they have some criteria for how to decide which LHD would do better on the right side.

Last edited:
Reactions: FiveHoleTickler

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
No clue how accurate this is, but it says McTavish is with Bedard and Othmann. Zellweger on the top pair. And then they somehow managed to form a line where Gaucher might be the smallest one.
View attachment 574508

McTavish has played with Othmann at Olten (NL-B) and the WJC-18. There was one sequence at the WJC-18 where McTavish and Othmann almost came away with an amazing 2-on-2 break goal. McTavish carried the puck from the defensive zone into the offensive zone with Othmann. Once in the offensive zone, McTavish carried the puck to the right where Othmann was and Othmann slashed to the left between the two defenders. The two defenders went after McTavish, but McTavish threw a backhand pass between the two defenders and onto Othmann's waiting stick. Othmann cut back, going from left to right on the ice, and tried to score between the legs. (Here's the video, starts at 4:20.)

Mason has centered Bedard and Stankoven with team Canada often. The two smallest guys on the team with the big bruiser in McTavish.

I still don't like McTavish playing in this Aug tourney after the long season he has had, but McTavish has hockey in his veins going all the time. If the org didn't tell him to sit out the Dev camp, then McTavish would have happily joined.

Zellweger
I found a youtube channel comparing the Dec WJC-20 roster with the Aug WJC-20 roster. Sebrano-Zellweger was the third pairing in December. They have continuity already! Can't wait to see Zellweger as the top pairing going into this tourney.

Gaucher
I'm looking forward to see Gaucher on the ice. It'll give us a preview on what he brings. On previous projections, Gaucher was slated to play RW.

Reactions: lwvs84

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
8469EF35-9EC8-4A53-ACF9-A9B46339CF8D.jpeg

An interesting ranking, to not include Gaucher and Warren is a choice.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia

I really like that top 5 or 6, except I would squeeze LaCombe there. But then yeah... Gaucher is def a better prospect than Tracey. I guess they give bonus points for older prospects.

But that writeup about 5 NHL defensemen also does not include Warren and Luneau, who I think def will be players but remain to be seen at what capacity.

I was really positive for that list at the top but then it seemed to rail off. Anyway, there are as many lists as there are people who make them :laugh: so that's ok ofc

Reactions: Beckett

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
The pool is now super crowded on the blue line, hoping they are able to pickup mostly forwards in the first 2/3 rounds of the next draft to fill out the pool

Reactions: lwvs84 and bsu

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
View attachment 574772

An interesting ranking, to not include Gaucher and Warren is a choice.
Ya my 14 would be a bit different, not sure Warren makes it at this time, def have gaucher over tshigerl, colangelo, and lacombe tho

I agree, I flipped him and Dostal. Still love Lukas as a prospect, but there’s such variance in outcomes for goaltenders his age
I consider putting Mintyukov at #1…. I think he’s pretty underrated prospect league wide, not sure why he didn’t recieve a lot more love at the draft.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
The pool is now super crowded on the blue line, hoping they are able to pickup mostly forwards in the first 2/3 rounds of the next draft to fill out the pool

I could go either way. The early rumblings of 2023 to me just seem like a strong top-10 and it falls off again. We could use some of the defensive prospects to acquire better forward talent. The biggest trade chip on the back end is Zellweger

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Your thoughts of Calle Clang
( any nicknames yet?" CCTop? The ringer, Clang ,Clangman. Duck, Ducky, (Kalle Anka is Donald Duck in sweden but Duck also meens get out of the way, maby not the best name for a goalie ).

Any chance for him taking a spot this year?

• Haha
Reactions: Sean Garrity

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
( any nicknames yet?" CCTop? The ringer, Clang ,Clangman. Duck, Ducky, (Kalle Anka is Donald Duck in sweden but Duck also meens get out of the way, maby not the best name for a goalie ).

I am pretty excited about him but I thibk I am higher on him than most.

No way he makes the Ducks this year, maybe in 2 years.
We have Gibby and Stolarz, and next in line is Dostal for sure, before he is proven otherwise

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
I am pretty excited about him but I thibk I am higher on him than most.

No way he makes the Ducks this year, maybe in 2 years.
We have Gibby and Stolarz, and next in line is Dostal for sure, before he is proven otherwise
AHL Maby?
But he will probably play in Rogle this year and AHL next year , so 2years as u say.

Reactions: Sean Garrity

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
AHL Maby?
But he will probably play in Rogle this year and AHL next year , so 2years as u say.
Yeah, it seems he will play in Rogle.

After that 1 year in San Diego, I think more than likely will be needed, with some callups if he is outstanding. And then perhaps NHL/AHL season.

Well, Lundqvist took 5 years after draft it seems, so who knows how much Clang will take :laugh:

Reactions: ZEBROA

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town

Probably "Clanger" because hockey players are (usually) terrible at making nicknames.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad