Prospect Info: 2022-23 Ducks Prospects

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
Man, what if Turc, Byfield and Clarke all flops? Kings would be livid.

I wish they will be successful players tho, nothing against them (and they certainly have time to prove themselves, I'm just stirring the pot).

I called Byfield not being as good as the hype. I never understood the appeal other then the possibility due to his physical gifts. His play in junior wasn't even that impressive. Every scoring play was either on the PP or the rush. I felt like I was watching Etem with how many points were on the rush (not the same style obviously).

Turcotte is just a shame. I wanted him to fall to the Ducks so bad. I never would have thought that he would be the bust out of that NTDP forward group of Hughes, Zegras, Boldy, Caufield, and himself.

Reactions: Kalv

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I called Byfield not being as good as the hype. I never understood the appeal other then the possibility due to his physical gifts. His play in junior wasn't even that impressive. Every scoring play was either on the PP or the rush. I felt like I was watching Etem with how many points were on the rush (not the same style obviously).

Turcotte is just a shame. I wanted him to fall to the Ducks so bad. I never would have thought that he would be the bust out of that NTDP forward group of Hughes, Zegras, Boldy, Caufield, and himself.
I don’t think turcotte is a bust at all…. He just unlucky with injuries, but he can still make it to the nhl and be an impactful player. If he’s healthy during preseason…. I feel like he’ll win a spot on kings day 1 roster. People sleepin on him still

As for byfield meh he’s 19…. Still plenty of time for him to find his calling at nhl lvl

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia

Exatly the same for me. Outstanding physical tools but always seemed that he's not using anything else (hockey sense) to score, which was always gonna be risky to translate to the NHL.
He is only yet to hecome 20 so there is plenty of time, but it can be hard to figure out

Reactions: Anaheim4ever
Oct 18, 2011
Based on my quick scan it looks like Gaucher is the 2nd youngest player on the team (only Bedard is younger) and is the only player from the '22 draft on the team. That's impressive.
There's a reason coaches and scouts like him...

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Luneau had a good year, but not as good as expected for the No. 1 QMJHL pick who was very impressive as a 16-year-old. It was thus a bit of a pleasant surprise that he not only held his own at a U20 camp, but was good. Luneau was moving the puck very well, and able to make plays that led to scoring chances. His defending isn’t anything great, but his offensive play looked legit.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I don’t think turcotte is a bust at all…. He just unlucky with injuries, but he can still make it to the nhl and be an impactful player. If he’s healthy during preseason…. I feel like he’ll win a spot on kings day 1 roster. People sleepin on him still

Turcotte's situation is eerily similar to Kase. Great on the ice, except for those concussions. Situations like theirs are just unfortunate b/c they have talent to thrive in the NHL.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
A lot of people value high skilled players ahead of others. Zegras fell b/c teams ahead of us thought he was a boom/bust guy. I'm happy it happened that way.
I feel like that was a fair assessment, based on his skills set.... a lot of the guys ahead of him seemed like higher floor/good potential guys (turcotte/cozens/Dach).... broberg was prob the only real questionable pick at the draft before our pick.

We got lucky that Zegras landed on the Boom side(so far).... teams prob didnt value his confidence, and drive to be the best.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I feel like that was a fair assessment, based on his skills set.... a lot of the guys ahead of him seemed like higher floor/good potential guys (turcotte/cozens/Dach).... broberg was prob the only real questionable pick at the draft before our pick.

We got lucky that Zegras landed on the Boom side(so far).... teams prob didnt value his confidence, and drive to be the best.

I think everyone ahead of us probably thought we were going to be in on D Broberg. I was dead set on it too. What we found out later was that the Murray wanted a center at 9th overall all along. If Edm drafted Zegras, then we would have been left with Newhook or Krebs. Seeing that we tried to trade up for Krebs, then Krebs probably would have been drafted 9th by us.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
And then it will be training camp. There is always a reason to wait.
Why not wait lol its gonna happen one way or another I know it's the offseason but I've always wondered why we did it so early. I feel like we should see all the prospects as much as we can rookie camp, rookie games, training camp, preseason before we rank anyone if we want the rankings to be as good as possible.

All Mighty

Sep 20, 2014
California
allmightyhockeytalk.com
No clue how accurate this is, but it says McTavish is with Bedard and Othmann. Zellweger on the top pair. And then they somehow managed to form a line where Gaucher might be the smallest one.
1659561436881.png

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
And then it will be training camp. There is always a reason to wait.
I doubt world juniors/training camps going to change peoples opinions much.

The only player that woulda prob benefitted from a world junior showing this year in our system is Mintyukov

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
Why not wait lol its gonna happen one way or another I know it's the offseason but I've always wondered why we did it so early. I feel like we should see all the prospects as much as we can rookie camp, rookie games, training camp, preseason before we rank anyone if we want the rankings to be as good as possible.

Selfishly I like it in the offseason since it takes up time and entertains when there is nothing entertaining.

Logically I get what you are saying.

I doubt world juniors/training camps going to change peoples opinions much.

The only player that woulda prob benefitted from a world junior showing this year in our system is Mintyukov
I actually think Moore could get a big bump in stock if he does well in USAs top 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad