B-Sens 2022-23 Belleville Senators

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Egor Sokolov is the main forward. The other forwards that could get a serious look that are playing in the AHL this season are Ridly Greig, Angus Crookshank and Cole Reinhardt.
I don't get to see Belleville or many AHL games. I know who our prospects are. I was hoping for some info from those who might be watching Belleville games. Specifically, I wondered if there were forwards that have been playing well, standing out, and are good enough to fill a roster spot next year.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I don't get to see Belleville or many AHL games. I know who our prospects are. I was hoping for some info from those who might be watching Belleville games. Specifically, I wondered if there were forwards that have been playing well, standing out, and are good enough to fill a roster spot next year.

For next year I would put Greig at the top of the list

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
For next year I would put Greig at the top of the list
Ya, I should have put Grieg in my post. The only thing I have wondered about was how much time he missed because of injury. But, looks like he's healthy now and only missed 11 games (got off my butt finally & looked it up).

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Capfriendly states that Egor Sokolov is waiver eligible next season so that is an important factor to consider. The Sens wouldn't risk losing a prospect that has demonstrated what he has on waivers.

Prospects like Greig, Crookshank, Boucher and Ostapchuk have multiple seasons before they are waiver eligible. The only other forward prospects who are projected to lose their waiver eligibility over the next two seasons are Cole Reinhardt and Viktor Lodin.

Reactions: aragorn

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Capfriendly states that Egor Sokolov is waiver eligible next season so that is an important factor to consider. The Sens wouldn't risk losing a prospect that has demonstrated what he has on waivers.

Prospects like Greig, Crookshank, Boucher and Ostapchuk have multiple seasons before they are waiver eligible. The only other forward prospects who are projected to lose their waiver eligibility over the next two seasons are Cole Reinhardt and Viktor Lodin.
Good point on the waivers. Looks like Grieg, Sokolov & JBD are the most likely candidates. Perhaps there are a few other forwards with a bit of a chance like Crookshank, Reinhardt & Lodin.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
.The other options at this point would be Tyler Boucher and Zack Ostapchuk. Physically they will be ready for the NHL at the start of next season and both could get serious consideration for a roster spot. But it is also highly likely that they spend some time in the AHL.
I don't see any scenario where Boucher is in the NHL to start the season. That would be disastrous to his development.

He needs to learn how to use his aggressiveness against men, make space and see if he can find a way to contribute offensively in the AHL before he should be part of the NHL line-up. He is a slow cooker in my mind and probably has 2 full seasons in the AHL before they consider starting him in the NHL.

cool as a cucumba

Love to get that Greig Jersey

That is festive as it gets.

Reactions: Yak and DrEasy

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Roster Notes:

A couple of holiday gifts are coming to Belleville’s blueline ahead of this afternoon, as captain Dillon Heatherington returns from an NHL call-up and Jonathan Aspirot finally gets off the injured list, after missing all 27 games this season following offseason shoulder surgery. Mads Sogaard is expected to get another start in goal, with Antoine Bibeau backing him up. Belleville’s healthy scratches include defencemen Xavier Bernard and Alex Breton, along with forward Jarid Lukosevicius.

Injury Report:

No.NamePos.Last GameGames MissedTimelineNotes
7Viktor LodinLWDec.7/22 @ TOR5Week-to-WeekUpper Body
10Philippe DaoustCNov.23/22 @ UTI11Season EndingShoulder
19Cory ConacherRWNov.5/22 vs TOR17IndefiniteUndisclosed
33Lassi ThomsonDDec.21/22 vs WBSTBDN/A
34Roby JarventieLWOct.29/22 @ RFD18Week-to-weekKnee

Who to Watch:

It’s been an agonizing wait, but Senators defenceman Jonathan Aspirot will finally return to the lineup this afternoon. The Mascouche, Quebec native has missed all 27 games so far this season after having offseason shoulder surgery. The 23-year-old is in his fourth season with Belleville and sits second in B-Sens goals by a defenceman (14), and third in assists by a defenceman (33), and points by a defenceman (47).

Two Marlies enter the game today with two players riding five-game point streaks. Joseph Blandisi has 10 points (five goals, five assists) over that span, with a goal and an assist in Toronto’s last game on Tuesday, while Semyon Der-Arguchintsev has seven points (two goals, five assists) over his streak. He had an assist and three shots on goal in Toronto’s last game.

Follow the action:

Today’s game can be seen on AHL TV, or heard live on the Belleville Sens Entertainment Network.

BSens tied 1-1 late 2nd

5:57 #25 Joe Carroll (1) ASST: #16 Matthew Boucher (5)

Reactions: Icelevel

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
down 2-1 after 2

BSens being out shot 26-14

Last edited:

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
If Sokolov can add that to his game he’ll make it really difficult to keep him off the team.

Grieg looked like he could have killed that guy. That was a true freight train hit that seemed to be a glancing blow last minute.

Reactions: OD99 and Bileur

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
If Sokolov can add that to his game he’ll make it really difficult to keep him off the team.

Grieg looked like he could have killed that guy. That was a true freight train hit that seemed to be a glancing blow last minute.
Sokolov already has a lot of that rough and agitating element to his game, sometimes it is just his consistency with it. In terms of fighting, there have been some indications that he is willing to drop them.

First off, he wears number 75 when he plays in Ottawa and he has stated in multiple interviews that he picked that number because that is the number Ryan Reaves wears. He even joked that maybe it will create some intimidation effect where an opposing player will see him coming in on the forecheck, look at his number an go "Oh shit! Its Ryan Reaves!" and bobble the puck. Sokolov's interviews just kind of seemed like he wanted to be more like Reaves so he has probably tried to incorporate that aspect in his game.

He mentioned in another interview that he had a fight with Mark Kastelic in practice last season and he held his own against him and was able to stay on his skates. Given how Kasty has looked in his fights that is a positive sign for Soko's fighting ability.

I made this compilation a while back of some of Sokolov's rough play and agitating. It is worth noting that at 1:42 of the video it shows Sokolov getting right in the face of Brandon Baddock. Baddock is a pretty reputable AHL heavyweight and Sokolov had no hesitation to rough it up with him as a rookie. Then at 4:20 Sokolov roughs it up with Arber Xhekaj. That was in the rookie tournament at the start of last season. It was before Xhekaj got his pro rep but still Soko was ready to drop the gloves. I wish I had the audio from that clip. Sokolov was talking so much shit in the penalty box after that altercation. He was yelling "Too easy! Too Easy! I already scored two goals already!" I didn't hear what Xhekaj was saying but Sokolov responded in the penalty box egging him on to drop the gloves once they get out of the box and how he was going to "f*** him up!"

Reactions: Sun God Nika

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I don't see Sokolov as a pest or fighter in any way, while he has the size I don't think he is good enough of a fighter to take on a good fighter especially in the NHL. He may be able to hang on long enough to get the linesmen involved, but I don't see him throwing haymakers or jabs or becoming an enforcer of any kind. I see him more as an offensive option on the bottom six who can move up when their are injuries. I think he will get his pts in front of the net given his size he is hard to move from the front of the net & with his shot again around the net.

A line of Ostapchuk - Kastelic - Sokolov has the potential to get some pts but likely not a lot, they also have to be responsible defensively. While he continues to lead Belleville again in scoring it's becoming less likely this org see him as an NHL player for some reason, likely his skating or defensive play. Hopefully, they give him another shot in the new yr but he has to take advantage of his next callup. Why they would give Luccini & Chartier games who are IMO career AHL players & not their prospect who leads the team in scoring is hard to understand.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Yeah I agree there. Don’t see Sokolov being a pest or fighter (especially) in the nhl.
I’ve still got my fingers crossed for him to make it in some role though.

Reactions: aragorn

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I don’t see it either, nor is it what I meant. I’d just like him to play heavy and finish his checks, especially in the forecheck. He has the size to be able to crush defenders along with bringing some offense. It’s like when Batherson decides to play the body in a game, he becomes a force.

He won’t be a fighter or enforcer.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Roster Notes: For tonight's rematch

Head Coach Troy Mann will only make one change to his lineup from Monday’s loss. Forward Jarid Lukosevicius will return from a two-game suspension following a headbutting incident last weekend in Manitoba and will draw in for Matthew Boucher. The line of Angus Crookshank, Ridly Greig and Egor Sokolov will likely stay together again, and Mads Sogaard is expected to make his fourth straight start and seventh straight appearance.

Injury Report:

No.NamePos.Last GameGames MissedTimelineNotes
7Viktor LodinLWDec.7/22 @ TOR6Week-to-WeekUpper Body
10Philippe DaoustCNov.23/22 @ UTI12Season EndingShoulder
19Cory ConacherRWNov.5/22 vs TOR18IndefiniteUndisclosed
33Lassi ThomsonDDec.21/22 vs WBS1Week-to-WeekN/A
34Roby JarventieLWOct.29/22 @ RFD19Week-to-weekKnee

Who to Watch:

After assisting on Egor Sokolov’s goal on Monday, Sens forward Ridly Greig has points in back-to-back games (one goal, one assist). The 20-year-old rookie from Lethbridge, Alberta, also mixed things up physically, delivering a bone-jarring hit on Toronto’s Marc Johnstone in the first period. He’ll likely continue to be a thorn in the Marlies’ side tonight as well. Forward Joe Carroll, who is up on a professional tryout offer (PTO), has points in back-to-back games.

Meanwhile, former NHL Senators’ forward Adam Gaudette continues to find success against the organization he used to represent. Gaudette has six points (three goals, three assists) in five games against Belleville this season. Toronto also has a few players who extended their point streaks against Belleville on Monday, including Noel Hofenmayer (five games), Marshall Rifai (three games), Joseph Blandisi (six games) and Semyon Der-Arguchintsev (six games).

Follow the action:

Tonight’s game can be seen on AHL TV or heard live on the Belleville Sens Entertainment Network.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad