B-Sens 2022-23 Belleville Senators

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Call Soko up, Rourke Chitier ain’t cutting it.
Sokolov should be getting serious consideration for a call up. I would have called him up before Chartier or Lucchini. I am guessing that the Sens management are delaying a bit so that Sokolov gets a bit more refinement in the AHL and then gets a call up at some point in January or February and ideally steals a roster spot once he gets there.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
Once Norris is back, I'd like to see how Sokolov could do on the third line.

Sokolov-Pinto-Joseph
Motte-Kastelic-Watson

Our depth issues may be solved.

Reactions: Icelevel

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
So, there's Sokolov that maybe has some potential.

Are there any other forwards that could possibly make the leap to the big team next year?

We might need to fill some bottom 6 slots with some inexpensive ELCs (unless we go with low paid free agents) if we hope to resign Debrincat, Zub and have a 1b goaltender (or resign Talbot) for next year. Doesn't seem to be that much talk or info floating around on this subject despite its relevance.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

Are there any other forwards that could possibly make the leap to the big team next year?

We might need to fill some bottom 6 slots with some inexpensive ELCs (unless we go with low paid free agents) if we hope to resign Debrincat, Zub and have a 1b goaltender (or resign Talbot) for next year. Doesn't seem to be that much talk or info floating around on this subject despite its relevance.

I would be surprised if Ridly Greig and Angus Crookshank are not regulars next year. Injuries slowed down their development, Crookshank would have made the team last year and never look back IMO.

JBD was establishing himself before injury so that's another. Don't think anyone else is ready

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

IMO there are a few Sens prospects that will eventually be part of the team, but whether that is next yr is the question. Kleven, Ostapchuk, Boucher, JBD, Greig, Sokolov, Jarventie & maybe Thomson &/or Sogaard could all be part of this future team & maybe a couple of them challenge for a spot next yr, but who knows when they could all be ready.

They need a player like Kleven on the 3rd pairing to replace Holden, but will he be NHL ready coming out of college? Probably not. The Sens could use some more size & toughness on the bottom pairing & Ostapchuk & Boucher could bring that, but will they be ready? Probably not. Sokolov has led or been right up there in scoring for the B-Sens for the last 3 yrs, but can he translate that into the NHL? Maybe. Is Jarventie NHL ready yet? Maybe or maybe not.

JBD looks the most ready while Thomson didn't & Greig needs to stay healthy. I also doubt Sogaard is anywhere near NHL ready yet. Crookshank is another guy who might have a shot but they have a few guys who play a similar role already in Kelly, Motte, Joseph & Gambrell. Ottawa needs a few of these guys to step up & accellerate their development sooner rather than later, nobody really stands out yet.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
IMO there are a few Sens prospects that will eventually be part of the team, but whether that is next yr is the question. Kleven, Ostapchuk, Boucher, JBD, Greig, Sokolov, Jarventie & maybe Thomson &/or Sogaard could all be part of this future team & maybe a couple of them challenge for a spot next yr, but who knows when they could all be ready.

They need a player like Kleven on the 3rd pairing to replace Holden, but will he be NHL ready coming out of college? Probably not. The Sens could use some more size & toughness on the bottom pairing & Ostapchuk & Boucher could bring that, but will they be ready? Probably not. Sokolov has led or been right up there in scoring for the B-Sens for the last 3 yrs, but can he translate that into the NHL? Maybe. Is Jarventie NHL ready yet? Maybe or maybe not.

JBD looks the most ready while Thomson didn't & Greig needs to stay healthy. I also doubt Sogaard is anywhere near NHL ready yet. Crookshank is another guy who might have a shot but they have a few guys who play a similar role already in Kelly, Motte, Joseph & Gambrell. Ottawa needs a few of these guys to step up & accellerate their development sooner rather than later, nobody really stands out yet.
Given the feedback of the last 2 posts, I guess the most likely suspects to graduate next year would be Grieg, Sokolov, and of course JBD. I agree that the others are most likely further away if they make it. Sokolov seemed to be a step behind the play quite a bit the little I've seen of him. Hope for the best I suppose.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Given the feedback of the last 2 posts, I guess the most likely suspects to graduate next year would be Grieg, Sokolov, and of course JBD. I agree that the others are most likely further away if they make it. Sokolov seemed to be a step behind the play quite a bit the little I've seen of him. Hope for the best I suppose.
There are plenty of guys in the NHL that are a little slow, Mark Stone comes to mind. It's not about Sokolovs lack of speed as long as he has others that are faster on his line but it's more about him getting to the areas where he can produce pts at the NHL level. It's also about adding a pt producer to the bottom six to help with secondary scoring which at the moment seems to be lacking a little. I'd like to see him get an extended look, but I think at this point the Sens are doing everything they can to stay in a playoff hunt & likely don't want to change much. But yea, I would rather see Sokolov than Chartier but agree with @Rafi that they might just be waiting on him being a little more ready for the callup.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
And Lodin. If he can stay healthy he should get a serious nhl shot again. He’s the oldest of the Belleville guys.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Roster Notes: for tonights game

Belleville will get some slight reinforcements up front, as the Ottawa Senators have returned forward Jake Lucchini from the National Hockey League on Wednesday morning. The Trail, BC native was called up last week and made his NHL debut against the Montreal Canadiens. Despite Lucchini’s return, fellow forward Rourke Chartier and captain Dillon Heatherington remain with the big club. Belleville’s healthy scratches include forwards Matt Boucher and Joe Carroll.

Injury Report:

No.NamePos.Last GameGames MissedTimelineNotes
7Viktor LodinLWDec.7/22 @ TOR4Week-to-WeekUpper Body
10Philippe DaoustCNov.23/22 @ UTI10Season EndingShoulder
19Cory ConacherRWNov.5/22 vs TOR16IndefiniteUndisclosed
34Roby JarventieLWOct.29/22 @ RFD17Week-to-weekKnee
48Jonathan AspirotDOffseason Surgery26Week-to-weekShoulder

Who to Watch:

Belleville Sens forward Angus Crookshank has moved up to 12th in AHL rooking scoring with 18 points and is just four points back of the leader, Sammy Walker of the Iowa Wild. The 23 year-old from North Vancouver, BC is also second in rookie power play goals (5), one back of Walker and second in rookie shots on goal (77), one back of Daniil Gushchin, of the San Jose Barracuda.

The Penguins lineup boasts a number of familiar names, including goaltender Dustin Tokarski, whose 2.11 goals against average has him ranked third in the AHL. His partner Filip Lindberg, who was signed by Pittsburgh to an entry level contract over the offseason, is 10th in GAA (2.11). Up front, the Pens are led by 24 year-old, former first round draft pick Alexander Nylander, who has 20 points (10 goals, 10 assists). Fellow Swede Fillip Hallander, Pittsburgh’s second round pick in 2018, also has 20 points (seven goals, 13 assists).

Follow the action:

Tonight’s game can be seen on AHL TV, or heard live on the Belleville Sens Entertainment Network.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016

Egor Sokolov is the main forward. The other forwards that could get a serious look that are playing in the AHL this season are Ridly Greig, Angus Crookshank and Cole Reinhardt. Roby Jarventie and Viktor Lodin have had significant injuries so they are unlikely to be ready to make the jump near the start of next season.

The other options at this point would be Tyler Boucher and Zack Ostapchuk. Physically they will be ready for the NHL at the start of next season and both could get serious consideration for a roster spot. But it is also highly likely that they spend some time in the AHL.

Sokolov likely finishes the season in Ottawa so he has a chance to lock down the 3rd line RW spot. Crookshank and Greig could get a look at the 3rd line LW spot in the 2nd half of this season. Reinhardt could get consideration for 4th line LW. Next season Ostapchuk could get consideration for 4th line LW and Boucher could get consideration for 4th line RW.

Going into next season that means that 3rd and 4th line LW spot could have Greig, Crookshank, Reinhardt and Ostapchuk fighting to steal it and the 3rd and 4th line RW spot having Sokolov and Boucher fighting for it.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
#GoalieGAMinsSASVSGAPIM
#SkaterPosGAPIMShots+/-
4Larsson, JacobD00000
8AHawryluk, JayceRW00010
9Lucchini, JakeLW00000
11Betts, KyleC00000
12ACassels, ColeC00000
13Sokolov, EgorRW00000
15Breton, AlexD00000
17Greig, RidlyC00000
20Wedman, MatthewLW00000
21Guenette, MaxenceD00000
23Reinhardt, ColeLW00000
25Carroll, JoeLW00000
26Saulnier, BrennanC00000
27Dougherty, JackD00000
33Thomson, LassiD00000
36Crookshank, AngusLW00000
44Rubins, KristiansD00000
49ASabourin, ScottRW00000
35Bibeau, Antoine000000
40Sogaard, Mads01:3311000
Head Coach: Troy Mann
Assistant Coach: David Bell
Assistant Coach: Ben Sexton
Goaltending Coach: Justin Peters

BSens tied 1-1 in 2nd

#8 Jayce Hawryluk (3) ASST: #25 Joe Carroll (1), #21 Maxence Guenette (14) POWER PLAY

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
#SkaterPosGAPIMShots+/-
#GoalieGAMinsSASVSGAPIM
4Larsson, JacobD00000
8AHawryluk, JayceRW00010
9Lucchini, JakeLW00000
11Betts, KyleC00000
12ACassels, ColeC00000
13Sokolov, EgorRW00000
15Breton, AlexD00000
17Greig, RidlyC00000
20Wedman, MatthewLW00000
21Guenette, MaxenceD00000
23Reinhardt, ColeLW00000
25Carroll, JoeLW00000
26Saulnier, BrennanC00000
27Dougherty, JackD00000
33Thomson, LassiD00000
36Crookshank, AngusLW00000
44Rubins, KristiansD00000
49ASabourin, ScottRW00000
35Bibeau, Antoine000000
40Sogaard, Mads01:3311000
Head Coach: Troy Mann
Assistant Coach: David Bell
Assistant Coach: Ben Sexton
Goaltending Coach: Justin Peters

BSens tied 1-1 in 2nd

#8 Jayce Hawryluk (3) ASST: #25 Joe Carroll (1), #21 Maxence Guenette (14) POWER PLAY
Max racking up those PP assists

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
BSENS WIN 3-1

Shots on Goal123T
WBS127625
BEL5151333

THREE STARS
Ridly Greig

1st
Ridly Greig (#17)
Belleville Senators