B-Sens 2022-23 Belleville Senators

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
THREE STARS
Antoine Bibeau

1st
Antoine Bibeau (#35)
Belleville Senators
SA: 37 | SV: 35 | TOI: 59:51
Maxence Guenette

2nd
Maxence Guenette (#21)
Belleville Senators
G: 0 | A: 2

Reactions: Icelevel

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
The Sens should call up both Sokolov and Crookshank.

While i agree, the Bsens are so ravaged by injury I dont know if they are just showing mercy to Mann right now. I expect them to get call-ups in the new year if the injury situation gets even a little better.

Reactions: RAFI BOMB

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
No need to rush up call-ups to Ottawa as our hopes for the playoffs are pretty low already, and there's only one forward injured right now.

Maybe if the B-Sens were fully healthy but it's the total opposite so give them a chance to play competitive hockey

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Didn’t Lodin just get back from a concussion? That doesn’t sound good in the best of circumstances, but two in such a short time could be devastating.

Hope the kid is alright.

Of course it was Guenette….

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
No need to rush up call-ups to Ottawa as our hopes for the playoffs are pretty low already, and there's only one forward injured right now.

Maybe if the B-Sens were fully healthy but it's the total opposite so give them a chance to play competitive hockey

You want the players there to know good play gets rewarded with NHL opportunity.

I say call up Sokolov

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
You want the players there to know good play gets rewarded with NHL opportunity.

I say call up Sokolov

Maybe an off-game but I seriously don't see a NHL future for Sokolov

I just saw him waste 3 PP zone controls in a row. Slow and bad decisions. He seemed better last year

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
lol Sokolov looks small in Sogaard’s arms… an absolute monster. We need this guy to hit, could be our Rinne
Soogard is still so young. I hope the next GM is patient with him and doesn’t rush him to back up.

Reactions: Xspyrit

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Maybe an off-game but I seriously don't see a NHL future for Sokolov

I just saw him waste 3 PP zone controls in a row. Slow and bad decisions. He seemed better last year

I agree he likely isn’t a NHL’er but you have to give him a chance to show what he can be and his production mixed with where the sens are in the standings makes it look pretty bad we have not seen him get a game yet

Reactions: Nevins

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I agree he likely isn’t a NHL’er but you have to give him a chance to show what he can be and his production mixed with where the sens are in the standings makes it look pretty bad we have not seen him get a game yet

He has skill and a pretty good shot. Hopefully for him, he's eventually able to "figure it out" and put it together to be able to do his thing at the NHL level. But as of now, his 2-3 first steps makes me worry about his chance to become a NHLer plus I am not always convinced on his decision making

Soogard is still so young. I hope the next GM is patient with him and doesn’t rush him to back up.

Goalies should always be cooked longer. Cook him and Merilainen as long as possible, Forsberg buys us time and there's always vets like Talbot to help out too

Chartier deserves a look. I mean...he's clearly got the knack for scoring.

His effort level is great too. If we're not calling a prospect, Chartier would do better than several forwards we have in Ottawa IMO.

Reactions: SpezDispenser

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
When looking at potential call-ups, I think its more useful to look at even strength points. The ability to put up PP points in the AHL doesn't necessarily do much for us at the NHL level.

That said, I bet Reinhardt, Crookshank, and Sabourin are all in consideration for a call-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad