B-Sens 2022-23 Belleville Senators

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

I love Mann's honest , straight forward analysis and responses.
People ask why Mann.. just listen to the players that have come through Belleville to Ottawa and what they have to say about him.
He'd be a big loss .. Hopefully the new Hockey Ops find a solid place for him.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

People ask why Mann.. just listen to the players that have come through Belleville to Ottawa and what they have to say about him.

Isn't it interesting that Mann has a losing record in Belleville over the last number of years, but no one is asking for his resignation as they are for DJ? When was the last time Belleville was in the playoffs? Clearly it's different because he is developing players but they have also had a ton of players going through those teams over the yrs. I like Mann & think he is a good development coach, but his record hasn't been all that great down there either.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009

Can we try swapping Troy and DJ for a bit?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Isn't it interesting that Mann has a losing record in Belleville over the last number of years, but no one is asking for his resignation as they are for DJ? When was the last time Belleville was in the playoffs? Clearly it's different because he is developing players but they have also had a ton of players going through those teams over the yrs. I like Mann & think he is a good development coach, but his record hasn't been all that great down there either.
He's been over .500 every year
17-18 Pre Mann 29 /42 .414
18-19 1st yr 37/31 .538 2 pts out of the playoffs
19-20 2nd yr 38/20 .643 They were 1st in their Division in the Covid shortened season - no playoffs
20-21 18/16 .529 No AHL Canadian Division playoffs in 20-21 + Taxi Squad in the NHL
21-22 40/28 .583 .. lost in a qualifying round .. so very close
22-23 .. cupboards a pretty bare with injuries and43 games remaining so we'll see if he can get them back on track

I don't think we should complain about his record at all.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
He's been over .500 every year
17-18 Pre Mann 29 /42 .414
18-19 1st yr 37/31 .538 2 pts out of the playoffs
19-20 2nd yr 38/20 .643 They were 1st in their Division in the Covid shortened season - no playoffs
20-21 18/16 .529 No AHL Canadian Division playoffs in 20-21 + Taxi Squad in the NHL
21-22 40/28 .583 .. lost in a qualifying round .. so very close
22-23 .. cupboards a pretty bare with injuries and43 games remaining so we'll see if he can get them back on track

I don't think we should complain about his record at all.
I'm not complaining I just find it interesting ... from one league to the other within the same org the difference in opinion. Of course, there are all kinds of extraneous excuses but not making the playoffs is still not making the playoffs regardless of leagues yet one seems hated while the other admired. It's interesting if nothing else.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I'm not complaining I just find it interesting ... from one league to the other within the same org the difference in opinion. Of course, there are all kinds of extraneous excuses but not making the playoffs is still not making the playoffs regardless of leagues yet one seems hated while the other admired. It's interesting if nothing else.
I think there is a significant difference between the two in both the kind of coach they are and their records... but they are in two different leagues and have had different sets of challenges , and had very different results.

Reactions: aragorn

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I think there is a significant difference between the two in both the kind of coach they are and their records... but they are in two different leagues and have had different sets of challenges , and had very different results.

Yeah, AHL is development league and is not judged on wins and losses. The NHL is different. @aragorn

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
In the AHL top-20 scoring leaders

1- Michael Carcone
6- Christian Wolanin
11- Logan Shaw
15- Max McCormick

All guys we had in recent past. Wolanin has 33 pts in 27 games. I hope finally makes it to the NHL after a bumpy road

Reactions: OD99

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Roster Notes: for tonight's game

There are a couple of changes to Belleville’s lineup tonight. Captain Dillon Heatherington is returning from the NHL and will rejoin the Sens in time for tonight’s matchup, while forward Matthew Boucher will draw back in for Joe Carroll. Mads Sogaard is expected to make his fifth start in goal and will be backed up by Antoine Bibeau. Forwards Jake Lucchini and Rourke Chariter are all still up in the NHL with Ottawa. As is defenceman Jacob Bernard-Docker, who returned to the NHL parent club’s lineup last night after an injury layoff.

Injury Report:

#NamePos.Last GameGames MissedTimelineNotes
7Viktor LodinLWDec.7/22 @ TOR7Week-to-WeekUpper Body
10Philippe DaoustCNov.23/22 @ UTI13Season EndingShoulder
19Cory ConacherRWNov.5/22 vs TOR19IndefiniteUndisclosed
33Lassi ThomsonDDec.21/22 vs WBS2Week-to-WeekN/A
34Roby JarventieLWOct.29/22 @ RFD20Week-to-weekKnee

Who to Watch:

Belleville goaltender Mads Sogaard has been rounding into form since his 10-game injury layoff. The Great Dane has made four straight starts and stopped 120 of 131 shots over that span, and has made some crucial saves to keep the Sens in games. Up front, forward Jarid Lukosevicius had a goal and an assist, along with five shots on goal on Wednesday, in his return from a two-game suspension.

There will likely be some focus on the Rochester crease as well, with former Belleville Bulls netminder Malcolm Subban being the likely Amerks starter. The 29-year-old has won all four games on Rochester’s recent streak and has a 6-2-0 record since returning from an early-season injury of his own. Offensively, Brandon Biro is riding a five-game point streak (three goals, seven assists) and has a goal and an assist in each of his last two games.

Follow the action:

Tonight’s game can be seen on AHL TV or heard live on the Belleville Sens Entertainment Network.

BSens lead 1-0 early first

#17 Ridly Greig (6) ASST: #13 Egor Sokolov (20), #27 Jack Dougherty (2)

Reactions: Icelevel and DrEasy

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
BSens lose 5-3

Ridly Greig

3rd
Ridly Greig (#17)
Belleville Senators
G: 2 | A: 0

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Greig is about ready. Which is good because i legit can't remember who ottawa has on line 3 when Joseph and motte are out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad