B-Sens 2022-23 Belleville Senators

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Sokolov leading the B-Sens again in scoring & it's the 2nd time in 3 seasons & was only 1 pt behind Luccini last yr. At some point they have to give this guy a decent shot in Ottawa.

Reactions: Bileur

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Love it, exactly the guys you want to see getting points. 2 each for Soko, Greig, and Lodin. And shoutout to Guenette
And 5-on-5 points as well!

Crazy that new guy is instantly our C2?

Didn’t realize Thompson was injured?

Reactions: DrEasy

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Sokolov leading the B-Sens again in scoring & it's the 2nd time in 3 seasons & was only 1 pt behind Luccini last yr. At some point they have to give this guy a decent shot in Ottawa.
They will but can't be having the new blood come in and out produce you. Greig tied in goals, with all the time he missed?

I just want to see our F stay healthy and play together for awhile to see what they are capable of. Without injuries I am optimistic that both Greig and Lodin would have had similar arcs as Norris. Big believers in both.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
BSens win 5-1

#48 Jonathan Aspirot (2) ASST: #49 Scott Sabourin (7), #23 Cole Reinhardt (10)

#13 Egor Sokolov (11) ASST: None EMPTY NET

THREE STARS
Egor Sokolov

1st
Egor Sokolov (#13)
Belleville Senators
G: 3 | A: 1
Viktor Lodin

2nd
Viktor Lodin (#7)
Belleville Senators
G: 0 | A: 3
Mads Sogaard

3rd
Mads Sogaard (#40)
Belleville Senators
SA: 30 | SV: 29 | TOI: 60:00

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012

Still needs to improve his skating based on his last stint imo. The skill is there but he wasn’t quite at the NHL pace yet, though pretty close

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
If we're out of playoff contention at the deadline there will be some trades (Motte, Watson, Brassard) that will make room for him.

Post-deadline healthy roster attempt:

Chuck - Norris - Bath
D-Cat - Stu - Giroux
Kelly - Pinto - Joseph
Lucchini/Greig - Kastelic - Sokolov

Lodin, Crooskhank also likely to see some time, as there will always be some injuries.

Reactions: Xspyrit

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Sokolov is not waiver exempt next year so he will like be in Ottawa.

Reactions: Icelevel

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Sokolov is not waiver exempt next year so he will like be in Ottawa.
Or traded. I hope we get to see him for an extended period, Injust don’t get the feeling they’re crazy about him.
Nothing but my own feeling though. Hope he kicks ass when he gets here cause I’d like to see that.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
It's pretty stupid that Sokolov hasn't been given a call-up yet.

If they don't see him as quick enough to be an effective member of the energy line beside two of Kastelic/Kelly/Watson, that's one thing, but currently we have 3 top 9 forwards injured and are currently playing Brassard, Gambrell and Lucchini (who I've liked), none of whom likely have a future with the organization beyond this season.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
It's pretty stupid that Sokolov hasn't been given a call-up yet.

If they don't see him as quick enough to be an effective member of the energy line beside two of Kastelic/Kelly/Watson, that's one thing, but currently we have 3 top 9 forwards injured and are currently playing Brassard, Gambrell and Lucchini (who I've liked), none of whom likely have a future with the organization beyond this season.
For Brassard right now yah. Gambrell plays C and can PK. Lucchini in his current role is better because of his speed to get in on the forecheck .. Sokolov maybe when Norris comes back on Pinto's RW would be interesting to try

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010
For Brassard right now yah. Gambrell plays C and can PK. Lucchini in his current role is better because of his speed to get in on the forecheck .. Sokolov maybe when Norris comes back on Pinto's RW would be interesting to try
Brassard isn't bad as a fill in. I'm not a fan but he's not a liability out there, and I think Sokolov would be right now

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Brassard isn't bad as a fill in. I'm not a fan but he's not a liability out there, and I think Sokolov would be right now

Based on what? He's no slower than Brassard and at least he can win battles along the boards with his massive frame.

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010
Based on what? He's no slower than Brassard and at least he can win battles along the boards with his massive frame.
I don't know, based on a difference of close to 1000 games of NHL experience? I'm not advocating for Brassard because I'd rather replace him, but now isn't the time to develop a player in the NHL just because you can. Brassard can play multiple roles easily and isn't hurting the team.

Would rather the next call up be Grieg for the same reason.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
I don't know, based on a difference of close to 1000 games of NHL experience? I'm not advocating for Brassard because I'd rather replace him, but now isn't the time to develop a player in the NHL just because you can. Brassard can play multiple roles easily and isn't hurting the team.

Would rather the next call up be Grieg for the same reason.

We don't know Sokolov would be a liability or hurt the team because he hasn't been given a shot.

I think he looked good in the pre-season. Was snake bitten and couldn't finish but he was a force below the goal line with his massive frame, good hands and smart decision making. Lot of takeaways and good stickwork.

This team is a major long-shot to make the playoffs. While we have numerous players out with injury we should be trying out guys like Sokolov, Crookshank and Greig to try and figure out where they are at and see if they can be potentially counted on to fill out the bottom 6 next season.

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010
We don't know Sokolov would be a liability or hurt the team because he hasn't been given a shot.

I think he looked good in the pre-season. Was snake bitten and couldn't finish but he was a force below the goal line with his massive frame, good hands and smart decision making. Lot of takeaways and good stickwork.

This team is a major long-shot to make the playoffs. While we have numerous players out with injury we should be trying out guys like Sokolov, Crookshank and Greig to try and figure out where they are at and see if they can be potentially counted on to fill out the bottom 6 next season.
It's a long shot but not impossible. What kind of message do you send by this? They'll all get their chances, just need to be patient.

Sokolov looked lost in every game he played to date.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
It's a long shot but not impossible. What kind of message do you send by this? They'll all get their chances, just need to be patient.

Sokolov looked lost in every game he played to date.

When will they get their chance? After Norris, Joseph and Motte are back?

And as far as a message it could be that Gambrell is an absolute waste of time that doesn't help the team at all (he just kind of exists), and Brassard is basically finished, despite racking up some easy powerplay points.

They have no future with this team, and likely any other team beyond this season. Sokolov might, which is why it makes sense to give him a try-out while spots are open.

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010
When will they get their chance? After Norris, Joseph and Motte are back?

And as far as a message it could be that Gambrell is an absolute waste of time that doesn't help the team at all (he just kind of exists), and Brassard is basically finished, despite racking up some easy powerplay points.

They have no future with this team, and likely any other team beyond this season. Sokolov might, which is why it makes sense to give him a try-out while spots are open.

Gambrell doesn't hurt the team either, he's basically a "no-event" guy where nothing positive or negative happens when he's out there.

Those players may not have a future here, but they are a more important part of the present to push this team into the playoffs. Maybe you have given up on that, but nobody else in the organization has.

Nothing wrong with players developing in the minors and they will all get their shot if they deserve it. Team has been rolling since American Thanksgiving, you don't bring up players to develop when things are going well

Reactions: Ice-Tray

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
The time to give Soko a real shot is now, but I think one of the main reasons to keep him there is for him to not only get lots of ice time to produce, but to also help BSens playoffs chances. So they are taking the slow bake approach as there are kinks to Soko's game.

On the same token, this was as good a time as any to give Soko some time up to play Lucinni Zuchinni's minutes. Looch is also a known producer in the AHL, so the trade off would have been similar, but for a younger, round 2 drafted prospect who becomes waiver-eligible next season.

I would have called up Sokolov by now as an injury call-up and given him a chance while he is running hot. Reward him for leading the BSens yet again. We know full well that he can score at AHL level, and as a injury call-up he can't be worse than Looch or Stone Cold Auston Watson.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Sokolov will be up after the deadline, this is a (checks MoneyPuck...) 80.1% certainty. By then all the roadblocks ahead of him (Brassard, Watson, Motte) will be cleared. For now, it's fine to let him play first line minutes in Belleville.

Reactions: Adele Dazeem

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Sokolov will be up after the deadline, this is a (checks MoneyPuck...) 80.1% certainty. By then all the roadblocks ahead of him (Brassard, Watson, Motte) will be cleared. For now, it's fine to let him play first line minutes in Belleville.

Even though Luchini has been passable, I'd rather have him than Luch. There is no guarantee those guys will be gone by the TDL. We could be just staying put.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Roster Notes: for tonight's game against Syracuse

Troy Mann won’t make any changes to his roster after Wednesday’s victory. The top line of Egor Sokolov, Viktor Lodin and Ridly Greig will stay together again after combining for nine points against the Amerks. Mads Søgaard will start in goal again, backed up by Kevin Mandolese, while Antoine Bibeau, Alex Breton and Jack Dougherty are all healthy scratches.

Injury Report:

#NamePos.Last GameGames MissedTimelineNotes
8Jayce HawrylukRWDec.30/22 @ ROC 2Day-to-DayLower Body
10Philippe DaoustCNov.23/22 @ UTC 15Season EndingShoulder
19Cory ConacherRWNov.5/22 vs TOR 21IndefiniteUndisclosed
20Matt WedmanCDec.31/22 @ UTC 1
26Brennan SaulnierLWDec.30/22 @ ROC 2Week-to-WeekUpper Body
33Lassi ThomsonDDec.21/22 vs WBS 5Week-to-WeekUpper Body
34Roby JarventieLWOct.29/22 @ RFD 23Week-to-WeekKnee

Who to Watch:

As mentioned, the line of Egor Sokolov (three goals, one assist), Viktor Lodin (three assists) and Ridly Greig (one goal, one assist), combined for nine points on Wednesday and paced the Belleville attack. Greig is now on a three-game point streak (five goals, one assist) and has jumped into 15th in the AHL’s rookie scoring race. Sokolov is moved into 14th in the league’s overall points battle, while Lodin is tied for second with Greig in rookie shooting percentage, as both players have scored at a 22.2% efficiency. Defender Jonathan Aspirot is also on a three-game point streak (two goals, one assist) after scoring again on Wednesday.

Syracuse has lost back-to-back games after a four-game win streak and because of that, doesn’t have any players on significant point streaks. Former Wellington Dukes defender Declan Carlile does have points in back-to-back games (one goal, one assist), as does Daniel Walcott (two assists). Defenceman Darren Raddysh comes into the game sitting seventh in overall scoring in the AHL (35 points) and third in assists (26), and is also second in defensive scoring, goals and assists as well.

Follow the action:

Tonight’s game can be seen on AHL TV, or heard live on the Belleville Sens Entertainment Network.

Reactions: DrEasy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad