2021 Season

UticaHockey

Feb 27, 2013
Utica, NY
Springfield, I can understand why, if it's got something to do with the case counts in MA, the curious move is Providence to Marlborough?

if Worcester opted out, and they did, which means DCU isn't available and hasn't been realistically since the fall surge.
Cost savings since no fans will be in attendance. Marlborough is a multi-rink practice facility.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Cost savings since no fans will be in attendance. Marlborough is a multi-rink practice facility.
no, from what I saw from CBS 4 Boston, Utica, it's identical to DCU IN Worcester, the State of Rhode Island temporarily is operating the Dunkin' Donuts Center as a testing center.....it's just odd to bring an existing franchise across state lines, knowing the two major city-based teams in MA (SPR/WOR) opted out

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
The only players who are SOL are those signed to AHL contracts with the three teams opting out.

Booba doesn't have any Springfield contracts listed. :dunno:

That means that their NHL parents have to find homes for any guys assigned to AHL.

Lady Stanley, three of the listed Admirals players are names that I don't recognize as a STH.

Hunterbrinker and Roy, along with Spenser Young. I have heard of the first two, but not seen them in an Admirals uniform.

Atwal was a late season call up from the Florida Everblades, playing 14 games for the Admirals. Donovan (62), Healy (30) and Schneider (54) all played significant games of Milwaukee's 63 last season.

My guess is that most of the guys will play in Florida. A few players with Nashville contracts from last season are out on loan, like Tolvanen, who is playing for Jokerit in the KHL. Ingram was in the KHL. Fred Allard is in Austria on loan.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA

May work for the teams but is terrible for the off ice crews who work a regular job then show up for the games after work to take care of the admin and other tasks the off ice folks do. Hope the teams have staff capable of doing the various off ice tasks as there are definitely going to be some short crews working 3pm week day games.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
OK, so Ontario will be playing at NHL LAK (parent) practice facility (El Segundo); the AHL team practices there and buses to Ontario arena. And San Diego will be playing at NHL Anaheim practice facility (Irvine).

Barracuda have been offered Reign arena in Ontario. (But have not announced where they might play/practice.) I'm guessing they have also looked at Fresno arena option as well. And perhaps somewhere in Arizona near NHL team. (If Santa Clara county doesn't want them, they are close enough to cross county line to and play/practice in adjacent Alameda county where the Sharks run an ice rink.)

HSK STH got an email -- there will be no "STH memberships" for the inaugural season. If you roll over funds, there are some benefits, like a goodie box and priority on single game tickets (if sold).

Still haven't heard anything WRT AHL TV. Still have nearly a month before the puck drops.

Reactions: Tao Jones

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
Do you think that we will see an AdWolves team this season? You might get Carr back!

That's exactly what I think will happen. Makes too much sense as the Nashville guys will still be close to their coaches in Milwaukee who can check in on them and only a short flight from or to O'Hare for Nashville brass

Reactions: WolfKeeper

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018
The shared ownership of the New England Sports Center is probably the sole reason the P-Bruins are playing in Central MA opposed to Somewhere in Southeastern MA or RI. There isn't anything else to read into.

Last edited:

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ
Any idea when training camps open?

Last season Binghamton's camp opened on September 24th and played their first regular season game on October 5th.

So January 23rd or 24th? Or will NHL parents want their players to start practicing sooner with games starting on January 14th?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

So we got St. Louis partnering up with Vancouver to send their prospects to Utica. Now Florida partners with Tampa. The only NHL team left without an AHL affiliate is Nashville. It will be curious to see what NHL team will share their AHL affiliate with them. I'm guessing Dallas will with the Texas Stars.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007

So we got St. Louis partnering up with Vancouver to send their prospects to Utica. Now Florida partners with Tampa. The only NHL team left without an AHL affiliate is Nashville. It will be curious to see what NHL team will share their AHL affiliate with them. I'm guessing Dallas will with the Texas Stars.

Most likely it will be Carolina sharing Chicago.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine

Nashville likely won't be splitting an agreement.... there were reports once SPR/CHA/MIL opted out, they were considering Florida, the Everblades in Estero.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
So they won't have prospects in the AHL? They'll only send them to the ECHL?
THAT'S THE WAY the relationship is with NSH/Milwaukee, even for a year..... the League allowed these teams in both leagues to opt out, if that's what they chose to do.... read the statement from Kahn in Charlotte, that's why you saw Tampa offer Syracuse to Florida and why the Blues partnered WITH Vancouver in Utica, those ownerships are independent as with Milwaukee, based off their statements as to why the Admirals chose the opt out, so we don't have these markets irrevocably damaged to the point where it becomes an issue to the league overall...

Springfield's ownership is privatized as well, despite their incoming relationship with the Blues, and that's why they opted out.

UncMike

Feb 13, 2012
When will Covid protocols and schedules be revealed?
Training camp starts?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad