2021 Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ
Let me speculate:
  • Wilkes-Barre is part of the group that plays with all the other PA teams. They play in a division with Hershey, Lehigh Valley, Binghamton, Syracuse, Utica, Rochester and one of either Providence or Springfield. I don’t think that Hartford or Bridgeport play this season.

Meh…

JMCx4

Welcome to: The Dumbing Down Era of HFBoards
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Mr. Williams had little to share with CJOB and its listeners beyond his Twitter content. Lots of questions, zero answers.

Last edited:

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA

Dolgon has already stated he does not want the Crunch to travel more than a couple of hours to play, leaving WBS, Rochester, Utica, and Binghamton as the only teams within that range.
With the six players on the Taxi Squad and up to eight eligible to play in the ECHL, that leaves a lot of contracts for some of these AHL owners to have to sign, without fannies in the seats to cover costs, to be able to ice even a minimum AHL roster.
Will be interesting once the smoke clears Monday and we really see what is going on.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Wondering what's going on with Utica, Bakersfield and Stockton.

Where they're going in Canada temporarily and such. Or if they'd be sharing with WHL teams. I know the Canucks could easily put the Comets in Abbotsford or might move the team to Alberta for easier travel within the other three AHL teams if they do decide to put them there or vice-versa with BC.

What I also see happening is the teams putting their AHL teams in their respective cities, that or have the Canucks AHL team in Red Deer. Unless they do something like Oilers AHL team in Red Deer and Flames AHL team in Lethbridge. Or have them play out of either Abbotsford, Chilliwack, Langley, Coquitlam, Surrey or Pacific Coliseum.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine

Where they're going in Canada temporarily and such. Or if they'd be sharing with WHL teams. I know the Canucks could easily put the Comets in Abbotsford or might move the team to Alberta for easier travel within the other three AHL teams if they do decide to put them there or vice-versa with BC.

What I also see happening is the teams putting their AHL teams in their respective cities, that or have the Canucks AHL team in Red Deer. Unless they do something like Oilers AHL team in Red Deer and Flames AHL team in Lethbridge. Or have them play out of either Abbotsford, Chilliwack, Langley, Coquitlam, Surrey or Pacific Coliseum.
nothing about this post is factual...

that decision was debunked in November, 2019....

the only update that's now under discussion as UH mentioned is will Utica have a temporary dual affiliation.....

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA

With the addition of the players to the Taxi Squad, the option to move AHL teams from the States to Canada for one year is pretty much a thing of the past.
It was one heck of an interesting and legit question for several months, but the NHL took care of it when they announced the changes for this year.

Reactions: JMCx4

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
What time is the BoG meeting on Monday?
Board of Governors meetings are generally closed to the general public, and those who cover them, that's why we have those writers who report that information to their respective markets, or their fanbases, in general....

most fans are simply not wanting to get into the day to day workings of a member club, unless that's what they're assigned to cover....

that's why most correspondence you see posted comes from the League's communications division, such as the RTP, as an example.....

Reactions: UncMike

UncMike

Feb 13, 2012
Board of Governors meetings are generally closed to the general public, and those who cover them, that's why we have those writers who report that information to their respective markets, or their fanbases, in general....

most fans are simply not wanting to get into the day to day workings of a member club, unless that's what they're assigned to cover....

that's why most correspondence you see posted comes from the League's communications division, such as the RTP, as an example.....
Yeah thanks,
I’m not looking to attend, just wondering if news from the meeting would be out at noon, 4pm or 8pm?

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Yeah thanks,
I’m not looking to attend, just wondering if news from the meeting would be out at noon, 4pm or 8pm?
best thing is sign up for the League insider which will control the narrative that you see posters here parrott, or if it's a specific club or clubs, either in your market, or other markets around the league, (fans generally will start individually with their own club/franchise and go from there)..... whether it's direct or indirect communication with a club/franchise, or social media, and you network from there..... like several threads you've seen posted here or on the team forums that dedicate a thread to that specific franchise.... not just here on a generalized league forum.

most of us posters were here but there's a few of us around but we also had similiar forums to HF that we were on that were solely focused on the AHL itself...

Reactions: UncMike

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad