Speculation: 2021-22 Trade Thread VI : Who's your Dadonov?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pennaduck

Aug 17, 2016
Pennsylvania
what free agents would we even be interested in? I don’t see us paying up for Forsberg or Johnny Hockey. Trochek?

I don't think we'll be active in UFA at all, but there are some names that interest me in the tier or two below those guys:

Perron
Trochek
Rust
Copp

Chiarot
Gudbranson

Reactions: Kalv

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
what free agents would we even be interested in? I don’t see us paying up for Forsberg or Johnny Hockey. Trochek?
I’m not sure why you are so hopeful…. Still don’t believe we are tanking for Bedard or other top player in a stacked draft? It’s 100%

We are only taking on cap dumps and soft players like Gerbe and Ennis so we can be punching bag team tough.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
You’re taking this a little too personally. I like gritty players as much as anyone but Johnny hockey is just flat out good. Would you not want a better version of zegras?
Nope, not with this roster…

What will it take for you to understand that Verbeek wants to be absolute last place next year to make his pick? No one good is signing here period. Think of the worst contracts right now… that’s the potential.

Reactions: Tactical Quack

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
Nope, not with this roster…

What will it take for you to understand that Verbeek wants to be absolute last place next year to make his pick? No one good is signing here period. Think of the worst contracts right now… that’s the potential.

I don’t need to be convinced. We look like we will be picking high next year and I highly doubt we get a great or even a good free agent.

All I said was that I would love to have gaudreau, not that it was realistic or lined up with our contending window. He’s just that good.

Oct 18, 2011
Forsberg might be the guy you could talk me into paying the price for. He's a legit first line winger who's still in his 20s and would be the type of guy I'd want flanking Zegras because he has size and goes to the net while also being very skilled but durability is an issue just like with Lindholm

mighty Stanley Duck

Feb 1, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Forsberg might be the guy you could talk me into paying the price for. He's a legit first line winger who's still in his 20s and would be the type of guy I'd want flanking Zegras because he has size and goes to the net while also being very skilled but durability is an issue just like with Lindholm
I would go after Forsberg...I think we need proven player who can give us 5-6 years of good hockey.
But by reading Preds section he wants 8 years x at least 8 mil. Not sure that fits in Verbeek vision of building our team.

Even though I trust Verbeek I hope he doesn't think Zegras, McTavish, Dry, Terry are already undoubted backbone of this team and they are players for long term contracts, all the others are substitution picked along the way (picks, rentals, veterans etc etc)....Even with mentioned four of them playing on their peak somewhere in the future, we are MAYBE PO team. I think we need guys like Forsberg who can help us to speed up our rebuild and bring additional talent.

Reactions: KaseMeOutside

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I would go after Forsberg...I think we need proven player who can give us 5-6 years of good hockey.
But by reading Preds section he wants 8 years x at least 8 mil. Not sure that fits in Verbeek vision of building our team.

Even though I trust Verbeek I hope he doesn't think Zegras, McTavish, Dry, Terry are already undoubted backbone of this team and they are players for long term contracts, all the others are substitution picked along the way (picks, rentals, veterans etc etc)....Even with mentioned four of them playing on their peak somewhere in the future, we are MAYBE PO team. I think we need guys like Forsberg who can help us to speed up our rebuild and bring additional talent.
Don't see him picking here...

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
He's the age of Lindholm, whom we were reluctant to sign long-term because of his... age and I guess wear-downedness potential. Even if he somehow prefee Anaheim over all the other places... after last night, hmmmm

I'd say it will be a long shot :laugh:

Oh absolutely I don’t see it as a very good fit for us with how far we are from contending but just in isolation I would love to have Johnny hockey here.

KyleJRM

Jun 6, 2007
North Dakota
We don't actually know why we chose not to sign Lindholm. It's possible Verbeek just didn't think he fit in with the vision of the team, whatever that is. We have no clue what Verbeek has in mind here.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Imagine a line of Gaudreau/Zegras/Terry, other teams dirty players would probably be able to slap all 3 of them in one go like something out of The Three Stoodges.

Zegras is gonna add Another 40 lbs of muscle this summer....

D90C176E-2D99-4BA3-B565-524FC8EA431B.gif

Hey234

Sponsor
May 7, 2010
Southern California
I think Palat makes a lot of sense. Knows how to play with high skilled centers. Solid in both ends and the Ducks can overpay for his experience/skills as long as the contract length is reasonable. Trade for another scoring winger and re-sign Getzlaf.

Palat-Zegras-Trade
Henrique-Lundestrom-Terry
McTavish/Steel-Getzlaf-Silfverberg
Jones-Grant-Carrick

Last edited:

mighty Stanley Duck

Feb 1, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I think Palat makes a lot of sense. Knows how to play with high skilled centers. Solid in both ends and the Ducks can overpay for his experience/skills as long as the contract length is reasonable. Trade for another scoring winger and re-sign Getzlaf.

Palat-Zegras-Trade
Henrique-Lundestrom-Terry
McTavish/Steel-Getzlaf-Silfverberg
Jones-Grant-Carrick
Or maybe Neiderreiter, i think he is slightly better scorer than Palat and 2 years younger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad