Speculation: 2021-22 Trade Thread VI : Who's your Dadonov?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Hi friends, hope your enjoying Trevor Zegras as he develops into a superstar.

I've only watched 2 Ducks games this year, both vs. the Sabres, so my knowledge on the team is real small...which leads me to why I'm here.

There's some small rumblings in Buffalo of Kevyn Adams' interest in John Gibson. I'm curious what that deal looks like from your perspective, if any exist. We do possess extra 1sts.

Thanks.
Prob a 1st and solid prospect, prob willing to take back a goalie cap dump

Middle of your 3 1sts
1 of Rosen/ peternka
Olofsson

For
Gibson

Prob makes sense for both sides

Reactions: sasha barkov

sasha barkov

Nov 4, 2016
Hi friends, hope your enjoying Trevor Zegras as he develops into a superstar.

I've only watched 2 Ducks games this year, both vs. the Sabres, so my knowledge on the team is real small...which leads me to why I'm here.

There's some small rumblings in Buffalo of Kevyn Adams' interest in John Gibson. I'm curious what that deal looks like from your perspective, if any exist. We do possess extra 1sts.

Thanks.
I could see Olofsson + UPL being part of the deal, not sure what else

Gabrielor

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY

Middle of your 3 1sts
1 of Rosen/ peternka
Olofsson

For
Gibson

Buffalo friends I spoke to proposed a non 1st-Sabres first, 2nd, and Casey Mittelstadt.

Definitely lower than yours, but at least seems like a template on pieces, just a disagreement on value.

Thanks.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Buffalo friends I spoke to proposed a non 1st-Sabres first, 2nd, and Casey Mittelstadt.

Definitely lower than yours, but at least seems like a template on pieces, just a disagreement on value.

Thanks.
Idk that Mittelstadt fits with our roster... we have Zegras - McTavish - Lundy... and a high draft pick this year... i think were prob going to be looking for high potential wingers.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Meh about Mittelstadt. I am so over taking a risk on under performing players. Can we just get someone established for once.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
I'd like to pluck RNH (he is a damn good 2 way center now), Meier, Fiala, Burakovsky, etc.

Advanced stats match the eye test when I have seen him this year. I'd like to grab him.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
I'd like to pluck RNH (he is a damn good 2 way center now), Meier, Fiala, Burakovsky, etc.

Advanced stats match the eye test when I have seen him this year. I'd like to grab him.

Are they wanting to trade him? Didn’t they just give him that deal? Or do you mean as part of the return for Gibson?

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Are they wanting to trade him? Didn’t they just give him that deal? Or do you mean as part of the return for Gibson?
We got a lot of different bullets to use.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Oh I gotcha. I don’t see why Edmonton would trade him though.
I believe Nurse new contract kicks in next year (I could be wrong). Gonna be real tight for space.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
A couple of other possible targets might be:

PLD - not sure if Winnipeg is going to blow it all up, but I’d definitely love to get him.

Marner/Nylander - I think Toronto unloads one of these two this offseason. I wonder if a Gibson centric deal would work? Marner is super pricey though, but signed one year longer than Nylander.

Chychrun - the most needed add for us imo.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site

PLD - not sure if Winnipeg is going to blow it all up, but I’d definitely love to get him.

Marner/Nylander - I think Toronto unloads one of these two this offseason. I wonder if a Gibson centric deal would work? Marner is super pricey though, but signed one year longer than Nylander.

This makes total sense and I've believed they should trade Marner for a while but as long as Dubas is still the GM I sincerely doubt it'll happen. He seems way too stubborn to go back on his defining quote.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia

Middle of your 3 1sts
1 of Rosen/ peternka
Olofsson

For
Gibson

Excelt Gibson, lol. Who would go from a bad team to equally or slightly better bad team

I don't understand much of these categories, unfortunately. Bit the advanced stat of his "age" I'm sure will not sit well with Verbeek :sarcasm:

sasha barkov

Nov 4, 2016

PLD would be awesome , but I believe his dad is a coach in the Jets org. Don’t know if that makes a difference though

Oct 18, 2011
I just don't see what Anaheim can trade for established stars that makes sense...I think we're looking more at cap dumps and getting an asset to take them...what I don't want is overpaying for B and C players in free agency on long term deals. We don't need anymore Silfs, for example I've seen Palats name mentioned before...he's 30 with alot of mileage and injury history that is someone I stay away from unless it's a 3 year type deal. If we are gonna pay, pay for someone like Forsberg but even then there are durability issues

There really is no quick fix when you break this thing down, you've got Zegras/Terry/Isac/Fowler/Drysdale but beyond that it's rough and I feel like Drysdale and Zegras are being thrust into roles they just aren't ready for

mighty Stanley Duck

Feb 1, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia

I doubt they will let Marner before Nylander. In some scenarios where we are involved, i dont think Nylander is player for us. He would play with Zegras and they both on ice are defensive horror show.
Chychrun-isnt that he plays 50-60 games per season because of injuries?

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
what free agents would we even be interested in? I don’t see us paying up for Forsberg or Johnny Hockey. Trochek?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad