Speculation: 2021-22 Trade Thread VI : Who's your Dadonov?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Not even close to the same thing. Monahan has had a ridiculous amount of surgeries. Either he needs more time to get back to where he was, or this is just who he is now.
In the forums they said he kinda has a non chalant attitude on the ice now

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Ok I see where you're coming from. They are both sulking that they aren't playing much, but their ice time has dropped for very different reasons. Comtois for (allegedly) not being in shape, and Monahan for just not being capable of what he used to do.

If the Ducks are getting an asset attached I would consider taking on his contract. Ducks aren’t in need of cap space. After what Verbeek did with the Dadonov trade he is on that page . Get a stop gap and an asset.

Again, gets dicey with the NTC.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
If the Ducks are getting an asset attached I would consider taking on his contract. Ducks aren’t in need of cap space. After what Verbeek did with the Dadonov trade he is on that page . Get a stop gap and an asset.

Again, gets dicey with the NTC.
I also wonder if Monahan wouldn't be of the highest preference given he's a center and we have a ton of those. You can always move him to the wing but probably just easiest to get a guy like JVR if you need for that purpose.

I also wonder if there's just gonna be enough interest where Calagry doesn't really have to attach much. Typically when a team's looking for a life preserver others throw anchors but he is a 28 year old center who's hit 30 multiple times, maybe a few desperate teams are more willing to roll the dice. Frank Seravalli did not think moving him would be a problem for Calgary.

Reactions: Leonardo87

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I also wonder if Monahan wouldn't be of the highest preference given he's a center and we have a ton of those. You can always move him to the wing but probably just easiest to get a guy like JVR if you need for that purpose.

I also wonder if there's just gonna be enough interest where Calagry doesn't really have to attach much. Typically when a team's looking for a life preserver others throw anchors but he is a 28 year old center who's hit 30 multiple times, maybe a few desperate teams are more willing to roll the dice. Frank Seravalli did not think moving him would be a problem for Calgary.
Pretty sure Monahan would just go to wing like Henrique.

Hard to say... but i dont think itll be easy to move him... if toronto had to pay a 1st to move marleau.... and vegas was on the hook for a 2nd to move dadanov(2 similar situations i can think of) , and could both be argued better than Monahan at the time... i think theyll have to send at least a 2nd. Also the rest of the league sees the cap situation in Calgary, monahan hasnt done enough for a team to justify taking him with little incentive and hopes hell go back to where he was a couple years ago.

Backes is another player that comes to mind similar situation, cept i think calgary is more desperate to get rid of him to make room for resigning ufa/rfas

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Pretty sure Monahan would just go to wing like Henrique.

Hard to say... but i dont think itll be easy to move him... if toronto had to pay a 1st to move marleau.... and vegas was on the hook for a 2nd to move dadanov(2 similar situations i can think of) , and could both be argued better than Monahan at the time... i think theyll have to send at least a 2nd. Also the rest of the league sees the cap situation in Calgary, monahan hasnt done enough for a team to justify taking him with little incentive and hopes hell go back to where he was a couple years ago.

Backes is another player that comes to mind similar situation
He could but if you're doing that why not just go get a natural winger? I don't love the idea of JVR but he's that and his salary is much cheaper.

And do, I'd agree, but given Seravalli being very confident he'd be easy to move it made me wonder. Teams always need centers, we're kind of one of the exceptions right now.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
He could but if you're doing that why not just go get a natural winger? I don't love the idea of JVR but he's that and his salary is much cheaper.

And do, I'd agree, but given Seravalli being very confident he'd be easy to move it made me wonder. Teams always need centers, we're kind of one of the exceptions right now.
Would philly be as desperate tho? Idk their cap situation, or their need to move players to hold onto assets... theyve been kinda meh this season, just kinda assumed they would be in a more rebuild phase... and wouldnt need to move JVR.

Im fine with any sort of cap dump that brings in an asset.... i just used monahan because im more familiar with that situation

Just looked it up, okay ya they prob in a little trouble too and could use a dump off lol, there really is a lot of potential options to get this type of move done... i actually wonder if the price might get moved up to a 1st, with so many teams needing to make room .

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Would philly be as desperate tho? Idk their cap situation, or their need to move players to hold onto assets... theyve been kinda meh this season, just kinda assumed they would be in a more rebuild phase... and wouldnt need to move JVR.

Im fine with any sort of cap dump that brings in an asset.... i just used monahan because im more familiar with that situation

Just looked it up, okay ya they prob in a little trouble too and could use a dump off lol, there really is a lot of potential options to get this type of move done... i actually wonder if the price might get moved up to a 1st, with so many teams needing to make room .
I believe they're fairly desperate. As I understand it they don't think they're in rebuild mode at all, in one of Stephens' who said no articles their beat writer rejected the idea of Comtois+1st for Konecny because he said they want to turn it around next year. Their cap situation isn't unmanageable but it's pretty tight with little to no room for upgrades and I have a feeling they might be chasing Gaudreau. JVR has no trade protection and I think they'll dump him.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

sasha barkov

Nov 4, 2016
I believe they're fairly desperate. As I understand it they don't think they're in rebuild mode at all, in one of Stephens' who said no articles their beat writer rejected the idea of Comtois+1st for Konecny because he said they want to turn it around next year. Their cap situation isn't unmanageable but it's pretty tight with little to no room for upgrades and I have a feeling they might be chasing Gaudreau. JVR has no trade protection and I think they'll dump him.
Knowing cuck fletcher they prob will go after gaudreau

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site

Give them Shatt for Monahan + 2nd (since he has an additional year, they would need to sweeten the deal). Seems fair and we can give Vaak a shot to fill Shatts 3rd pairing puck moving role. We lose Shatt's popularity but at least get younger and more goal scoring upside.

Emerald Duck

Dec 9, 2009
Arrowhead Pond of Anaheim, CA
What about Mike Hoffman from MTL ? $4.5M cap hit, $5.0M contract for 2 more years with no bonuses due. Same type of player as Dadonov and he would help Zegras on the wing. The line might be a sieve defensively but we would have the same result if the trade for Dadonov went through.

No idea about the asking price but if the Ducks would consider him without any retention or sending a contract back he might be available for a 3rd round pick I believe (though he might be more expensive than Dadonov because MTL is not trying to unload him ASAP).

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
What about Mike Hoffman from MTL ? $4.5M cap hit, $5.0M contract for 2 more years with no bonuses due. Same type of player as Dadonov and he would help Zegras on the wing. The line might be a sieve defensively but we would have the same result if the trade for Dadonov went through.

No idea about the asking price but if the Ducks would consider him without any retention or sending a contract back he might be available for a 3rd round pick I believe (though he might be more expensive than Dadonov because MTL is not trying to unload him ASAP).
The Difference was Dad had 1 year left and came with a 2nd.
MTL has no reason to give up assets to get rid of him.

Gabrielor

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Hi friends, hope your enjoying Trevor Zegras as he develops into a superstar.

I've only watched 2 Ducks games this year, both vs. the Sabres, so my knowledge on the team is real small...which leads me to why I'm here.

There's some small rumblings in Buffalo of Kevyn Adams' interest in John Gibson. I'm curious what that deal looks like from your perspective, if any exist. We do possess extra 1sts.

Thanks.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017

I've only watched 2 Ducks games this year, both vs. the Sabres, so my knowledge on the team is real small...which leads me to why I'm here.

There's some small rumblings in Buffalo of Kevyn Adams' interest in John Gibson. I'm curious what that deal looks like from your perspective, if any exist. We do possess extra 1sts.

Thanks.
No one here has any idea really. All we know if our GM apparently prefers more NHL ready prospects than 1st round picks (or so he states)

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
Wonder if we might be interested in targeting Provorov or Sanheim from the Flyers. Rumblings that they might be moving on from them (god knows why).

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee

Thanks.

Noone knows. A lot depends on what moves the Ducks make in the next 4 months.

If they are continuing the rebuild and not making moves to improve right now then we assume they will be looking for prospects and picks.

What we do know is he has a 10 team NTC and considering the Ducks were rumored to be trying to move him for EIchel (who knows if it is true) it is probably safe to assume Gibson will have Buffalo on his no trade list.

For me, I would be hoping the Ducks get a top prospect as the centerpiece. Obviously 1st rounder are nice, but a guy like Holloway as a centerpiece would be the hope. Whats the Buffalo equivalent to him? Quinn?

Gabrielor

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Noone knows. A lot depends on what moves the Ducks make in the next 4 months.

If they are continuing the rebuild and not making moves to improve right now then we assume they will be looking for prospects and picks.

What we do know is he has a 10 team NTC and considering the Ducks were rumored to be trying to move him for EIchel (who knows if it is true) it is probably safe to assume Gibson will have Buffalo on his no trade list.

For me, I would be hoping the Ducks get a top prospect as the centerpiece. Obviously 1st rounder are nice, but a guy like Holloway as a centerpiece would be the hope. Whats the Buffalo equivalent to him? Quinn?
100% on any deal Buffalo was talking about with Eichel and Anaheim, Gibson was a name involved. NTC details, that I have no idea.

If the price for John Gibson is Jack Quinn, we definitely won't be meeting it.

Thanks for the reply.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Goalies usually don’t yield as much as it feels they should. I’m sure we’d feel that way about Gibson but I hope they explore moving him.

Reactions: Sean Garrity
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad