Speculation: 2021-22 Trade Thread VI : Who's your Dadonov?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Next season I See...

???? - Zegras - ????
McTavish - Rico - Terry
Comtois - Lundy - Silf
Jones - Grant - ????

???? - Drysdale
Fowler - ????
Vaak - Shattenkirk

Fill the holes...

Bring someone like Des in or bring Des back

Add two Top 4 to best compliment Fowler and Drysdale. One of those could be Helleson. He will hopefully be ready in a year or to replace Shattenkirk.

Go after a Top player like Fiala to play with Zegras, and maybe Perreault makes the team next season or add a stop gap Top 6 RW for Z

Does Verbeek keep Steel, Milano, Carrick, or Benoit ?

I think the goal should be to be competitive by the time Zegras is Terry‘a age. 2-3 years. If done right these last few or so years of misery will turn into a decade plus of contending.

Ill be in my 40’s but it’s all good. Lol
I imagine Carrick stays, as he wasnt moved at the deadline. Benoit i think at the very least stays as a 7... hes been sturdy not great but not awful either. Steel prob stays on as a 13th forward... they seem to be molding him into a bottom 6 player now, doing a little more penalty killing and what not. I just dont think we need milano to stay... glad he showed some flashes but hes not really what we need in the top 6.

I also think Comtois will be part of a trade.
Ideally i would love to bring in Fiala + 1 of Bertuzzi/Marchament/Domi to our top 9.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I imagine Carrick stays, as he wasnt moved at the deadline. Benoit i think at the very least stays as a 7... hes been sturdy not great but not awful either. Steel prob stays on as a 13th forward... they seem to be molding him into a bottom 6 player now, doing a little more penalty killing and what not. I just dont think we need milano to stay... glad he showed some flashes but hes not really what we need in the top 6.

I also think Comtois will be part of a trade.
Ideally i would love to bring in Fiala + 1 of Bertuzzi/Marchament/Domi to our top 9.

Do you agree with my question mark spots? Lol.

I think that’s pretty accurate. Maybe McTavish gets sheltered on a 3rd line but this kid is tearing it up in his league. I can see him making an immediate impact similar to Z.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

I think that’s pretty accurate. Maybe McTavish gets sheltered on a 3rd line but this kid is tearing it up in his league. I can see him making an immediate impact similar to Z.
I think
____ Zegras _____ - ideally fiala + 1 of Bertuzzi/Machament/Domi
Henrique McTavish Terry
Jones Lundy Silf(perreault)
Carrick Grant/Steel ______ - des like player

Fowler _______- Ideally prime beauchmin
_______ Drysdale (vaaks /benoit/mahura i suppose could fill in there for now), but really just a stop gap at this point
Benoit Shatt

is basically what i have.

Reactions: Leonardo87

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
I think
Henrique McTavish Terry

_______ Drysdale (vaaks /benoit/mahura i suppose could fill in there for now), but really just a stop gap at this point
Benoit Shatt

Silfs Carrer might have a question mark after the blood clot he had in his leg..

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

Also to add to your first post... i dont think Helleson will see action next year unless we move shatt at deadline... he prob needs a year in the AHL, or a majority of a year... but if we move shatt at deadline then i could see him coming in on bottom pairing. I say that as someone that really likes helleson a lot and think he will for sure end up on the roster .

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Silfs Carrer might have a question mark after the blood clot he had in his leg..
Ya thats kinda why i been penciling in Perreault as a potential option there if silf doesnt come back. Perreault can give Lundy a little more offensive fire power on the wing... and also be part of 1 of our PP unit as the shooter.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Also to add to your first post... i dont think Helleson will see action next year unless we move shatt at deadline... he prob needs a year in the AHL, or a majority of a year... but if we move shatt at deadline then i could see him coming in on bottom pairing. I say that as someone that really likes helleson a lot and think he will for sure end up on the roster .

Agreed. Might as well just use Shatty as a shitty stop gap lol. Helleson has potential want him to develop nicely with the Gulls.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Agreed. Might as well just use Shatty as a shitty stop gap lol. Helleson has potential want him to develop nicely with the Gulls.
Yep... no need to just toss dmen into this mess... maybe we get lucky at draft and someone actually wants shatt tho :D

Reactions: Leonardo87

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
I see gudbranson as a good stop gap option. RHD for the third pair who provides protection. Give him a small overpay $2.5M x 3. or maybe $3M x 2.

Reactions: lwvs84 and dracom

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
I think
Henrique McTavish Terry

Benoit Shatt

What about MC? Assuming he is gone in the trade for an upgrade? Imo I think Benoit probably needs a bit kore seasoning. I'd prefer him as a #7 I think. I actuallynlike the idea of Scandella from Stl. Who fills the Beauch role?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
What about MC? Assuming he is gone in the trade for an upgrade? Imo I think Benoit probably needs a bit kore seasoning. I'd prefer him as a #7 I think. I actuallynlike the idea of Scandella from Stl. Who fills the Beauch role?
I think comtois is gone after season... either packaged for help up front, or packaged for D help. A lot of teams will still like Comtois size/skill combination in a trade.... specially teams that need cheap players that could potentially pan out. Idk what Comtois upside is, but hes likely at the very least a middle 6 complimentary player.

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
What are new jerseys needs outside of goalie.

I suggested

Gibson + ducks 1st(assuming its lower than devils)
for
Blackwood + new jersey 1st(top 3 protected) + 3rd round pick or something

Which had mixed reactions, granted i understand from jersey perspective not wanting to give up potential top 5 pick. right now the picks are 6 and 10... so not a lot of difference... and i think your gettings similar caliber player at those spots.

The difference between #10 and #5 is not worth downgrading from Gibson to Blackwood.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
The difference between #10 and #5 is not worth downgrading from Gibson to Blackwood.
Depends whos available... and honestly gibson and blackwood stats are fairly comparable over the last 3 years... cant even use the awful team arguement cause jersey has been worse.

Gibson might come back to for, or he might not... either way i imagine hell either demand a trade at some point or well move him to make room for dostal and let stolarz get more time

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
The trade assets should be used for Chychrun. The defense is terrible and needs major reinforcements.

Use the assets for Chychrun, trade Shattenkirk @50% retainment, and sign Gudbranson and Manson.

Fowler - Manson
Chychrun - Drysdale
Vaaks - Gudbranson
Benoit

Updating the D will automatically help the forwards. But there's some quality forwards available. Trocheck and Palat would be two good options.

Milano - Zegras - Trocheck
Palat - Henrique - Terry
Jones - Lundy - Silfverberg
Grant - Getzlaf - Carrick

I'd like Fiala or someone like that, but the assets for trade need to be spent on the defense. If we can get Fiala too, great, but prioritize the f***ing defense.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
The trade assets should be used for Chychrun. The defense is terrible and needs major reinforcements.

Use the assets for Chychrun, trade Shattenkirk @50% retainment, and sign Gudbranson and Manson.

Fowler - Manson
Chychrun - Drysdale
Vaaks - Gudbranson
Benoit

Updating the D will automatically help the forwards. But there's some quality forwards available. Trocheck and Palat would be two good options.

Palat - Henrique - Terry

I'd like Fiala or someone like that, but the assets for trade need to be spent on the defense. If we can get Fiala too, great, but prioritize the f***ing defense.
Ultimately I think we could upgrade defense and forwards via trade pretty comfortably… and add pieces like you suggested via free agency.

My issue with chychrun is that the coyotes want a huge price, and honestly after the hagel trade it’s prob warranted… not sure what other defensive options are out there via trade tho

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
Realistically, what are the chances of a player resigning with his original team after being traded at the deadline? (I know it happens, but I've not really ever paid much attention to how MUCH it happens).

I want Manson and Des back, but I really don't think either will be returning.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site

Fowler - Manson
Chychrun - Drysdale
Vaaks - Gudbranson
Benoit

Palat - Henrique - Terry

What trade assets? Outside of a couple of late 2nd's and somone like Comtois, I don't see much else that the Ducks would be (a) willing to trade or (b) that other teams would want.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Kadri is going to be 32 at start of next year... you saw the mental breakdown people were having over Lindholms age...
Yeah, it's definitely everyone else who had a mental breakdown over Lindholm....

But the point is correct, people (rightly)pointed out that an 8 year deal to a 28 year old is questionable and that's gonna be much more applicable to a 6 year deal for a 32 year old, even if he still is playing at a high level.

Reactions: Boo Boo
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Realistically, what are the chances of a player resigning with his original team after being traded at the deadline? (I know it happens, but I've not really ever paid much attention to how MUCH it happens).

I want Manson and Des back, but I really don't think either will be returning.
Regardless of whether the logic is correct or not I do wonder if the Beagle incident has Verbeek considering reunions with either or both. Incidents like these tend to cause overreactions and as long as neither contract is crippling this is about as good as it gets for a move of that ilk.

Reactions: Duck Off

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Trading for Chychrun is not as appealing anymore. He has 3 years left after this one and then UFA, we won't be ready to compete for at least 2 seasons.... We'd also have to give so many assets for what? Him to be here one season while we MIGHT be able to compete in 3 years.... nah. So what's the point? Should have just signed Lindholm we could have done that and kept all our assets. f***ing idiotic. If we kept Lindholm I would be more intrigued to trade for Chychrun but without Lindholm we aren't doing shit until we find a shutdown defensemen and much much more.

That's just my opinion, I was much more interested in Chychrun when we had Lindholm and even Manson. At this point there's no reason losing assets for him when we won't even be competing for the majority of the remainder of his contract.

Last edited:

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Trading for Chychrun is not as appealing anymore. He has 3 years left after this one and then UFA, we won't be ready to compete for at least 2 seasons.... We'd also have to give so many assets for what? Him to be here one season while we MIGHT be able to compete in 3 years.... nah. So what's the point? Should have just signed Lindholm we could have done that and kept all our assets. f***ing idiotic. If we kept Lindholm I would be more intrigued to trade for Chychrun but without Lindholm we aren't doing shit until we find a shutdown defensemen and much much more.

That's just my opinion, I was much more interested in Chychrun when we had Lindholm and even Manson. At this point there's no reason losing assets for him when we won't even be competing for the majority of the remainder of his contract.
A pretty good take on things. There are two camps developing in Duckland...(a) those who believe that the team is actually rebuilding and won't be anywhere near good for a year or two and (b) those who believe that the team can be competitive next year by trading future assets for current players. Trade proposals can be categorized accordingly.

Reactions: ohcomeonref
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
A pretty good take on things. There are two camps developing in Duckland...(a) those who believe that the team is actually rebuilding and won't be anywhere near good for a year or two and (b) those who believe that the team can be competitive next year by trading future assets for current players. Trade proposals can be categorized accordingly.
Chychrun only just turned 24 so it's hardly a go for it kind of move. I'd argue the exact opposite or that take is more correct, that it makes way more sense to trade for Chychrun now than it did if Lindholm was still here and going to be extended for years to come.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Chychrun only just turned 24 so it's hardly a go for it kind of move. I'd argue the exact opposite or that take is more correct, that it makes way more sense to trade for Chychrun now than it did if Lindholm was still here and going to be extended for years to come.
but de price boss de price!!

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada

Would we move Dry for Chychrun knowing that Zel is coming up quick too? I wonder what realistically it would cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad