2020 Stanley Cup Final: Dallas Stars vs Tampa Bay Lightning | TBL leads 2-1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

2020 Stanley Cup Final: Dallas Stars vs Tampa Bay Lightning

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

North Country

Oct 24, 2012
Well of course they've been soft in your opinion. I'm guessing every Lightning penalty has been the right call.
I’m rooting for Tampa, but I also want to see what this Cup is fully capable of. Dallas is getting called for stuff we didn’t see in their other series.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Seems like dallas blew their load in the first period.

Tampas needs to get dallas skating, they've got a lot of older players that just can't keep up. Once their legs are done then we get games like game 3.

colorado tried that strategy, but they kept up all series

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
Dallas in 7. The Stars have had some bad goaltending the last few games. But Tampa looks more tired, they better wrap this series up quick.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Dallas in 7. The Stars have had some bad goaltending the last few games. But Tampa looks more tired, they better wrap this series up quick.

I thought they looked tired in the first game of the series but it looked like Dallas was the tired team last night. I dont think tampa wants to push this into a game 7 situation there risks the possibility of getting into a grind fest with a bigger team. However tampa may have the legs under them and Dallas could get tired out if it goes long.

I do think would be better for tampa to get it done sooner than later. Its still early tho Dallas can win the next one and we are tied again. So much can happen.

Reactions: Loki Dekker

Sgooter

Dec 4, 2014
Tired, rusty, bad calls, bubble blahs, hurt, injuries, and don't forget cheap hits. Guys, we're quickly running out of reasons/excuses for these SCF losses.
Wait...never mind. We haven't used bad equipment yet. But do you risk using it for the next game or wait til all is done; not an easy decision and emotions are running high.

Sybil227

Jun 16, 2004
Santa Clarita
I'm not 100% sure (I don't personally have all the camera angles), but it looked like in last night's 5-2 win, every Lightning goal except 1 (the 5th goal - a rebound put-back) went in low blocker side against Khudobin. Like Tampa may have found a weakness in his net coverage.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida

iu

Reactions: The Macho Man

Sgooter

Dec 4, 2014
I'm not 100% sure (I don't personally have all the camera angles), but it looked like in last night's 5-2 win, every Lightning goal except 1 (the 5th goal - a rebound put-back) went in low blocker side against Khudobin. Like Tampa may have found a weakness in his net coverage.
I just reviewed the YouTube highlights of the game. All of Tampa's goals were on Khudobin's blocker side. First 3 were below the blocker, and I'd say the next 2 were above. But you may indeed be onto something about a blocker-side weakness.

Nikki Potnick

Aug 26, 2020
Where the sun don't shine
Didn't Stammer roof it on Dobby?
I just reviewed the YouTube highlights of the game. All of Tampa's goals were on Khudobin's blocker side. First 3 were below the blocker, and I'd say the next 2 were above. But you may indeed be onto something about a blocker-side weakness.
What were you watching on Stamkos' goal? That was bar down.

Khudobin is a small goalie, I don't think there's necessarily a weak side, he just leaves a lot open. Pure snipers like Kucherov/Stamkos, if given an open chance, are going to score with ease.

Reactions: U55

chirrrs

Jun 3, 2013
Rockwall, TX

Stamkos went blocker side high.

It wasn't that Tampa found a weakness in Khudobin, he actually played really well. Here's what he "allowed" on those other 4 goals:

(1) Uncharacteristic defensive zone turnover from Heiskanen leading to a breakaway for Kucherov
(2) Uncharacteristic defensive breakdown from Lindell missing a pinch to give Stamkos a 2 on 1
(3) Powerplay goal
(4) Bad line change by Dallas that gave Tampa a 3 on 1 with Point, Kucherov, and Hedman

All four of those, Tampa outnumbered the Dallas defense for various reasons. Three out of four of those goals were due to Dallas mistakes. Not much Khudobin could do there.

Joanna

Jan 7, 2020
St. Petersburg
Dallas shouldn’t have to worry every time they touch a player.
Um, you do realize that this is the same old story for fans of a losing team? I am the daughter of a college hockey coach, and I can tell you without pause, that when you start blaming the refs, you are grasping and your team is losing.
By the way, the calls are even.

Reactions: Danrs112

Sybil227

Jun 16, 2004
Santa Clarita
Stamkos went blocker side high.

It wasn't that Tampa found a weakness in Khudobin, he actually played really well. Here's what he "allowed" on those other 4 goals:

(1) Uncharacteristic defensive zone turnover from Heiskanen leading to a breakaway for Kucherov
(2) Uncharacteristic defensive breakdown from Lindell missing a pinch to give Stamkos a 2 on 1
(3) Powerplay goal
(4) Bad line change by Dallas that gave Tampa a 3 on 1 with Point, Kucherov, and Hedman

All four of those, Tampa outnumbered the Dallas defense for various reasons. Three out of four of those goals were due to Dallas mistakes. Not much Khudobin could do there.

My apologies, I didn't mean to imply a weakness, no goalie is perfect. If they were, there'd be a lot of scoreless ties in the NHL. Perhaps I chose my words poorly. Of the 5 goals that went in, even if they were extremely good scoring chances, Tampa's shooters chose to shoot to the blocker side, and those went in. You could, just as easily I suppose, say that he's stronger on his glove side. Given the chance to make a really high quality save, he'll have a better chance with his glove than his blocker. What I wanted to point out that Tampa has probably identified an area that gives them a somewhat better chance of scoring - and they're exploiting that when given the opportunity.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
2 more wins by Tampa and bubble hockey corona cup is finally over.
Lord Stanley wouldn't think it was an off year. Lord Stanley would think it was a hard year. Lord Stanley would think only lockout years were lesser years. And weren't there even Canadian teams in the playoffs this time, hmmm?

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
I thought they looked tired in the first game of the series but it looked like Dallas was the tired team last night. I dont think tampa wants to push this into a game 7 situation there risks the possibility of getting into a grind fest with a bigger team. However tampa may have the legs under them and Dallas could get tired out if it goes long.

I do think would be better for tampa to get it done sooner than later. Its still early tho Dallas can win the next one and we are tied again. So much can happen.
Tampa was understandably tired for the first game, but since then they've looked the better team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad