2020 Stanley Cup Final: Dallas Stars vs Tampa Bay Lightning | TBL leads 2-1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

2020 Stanley Cup Final: Dallas Stars vs Tampa Bay Lightning

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aoko

Order has now fallen.
Dec 14, 2017
Did you see game 1 of Tampa - Isles when Isles immediately jumped into a new series after winning their last?

Did you see the rest of the series?

Making that assumption off of game 1 is pretttttty short sided.
Nah man. One game that proves his narrative is all he cares about. Clearly.

BoltsFanPinellasPark

Apr 18, 2018
Down by four; four shots.
Dallas totally shut down Tampa in game 1 in the third after the Bolts found their hockey legs. Juxtapose Game 3 3rd where the Stars who have been better 5v5 all series showed us their magic and really had the Bolts back on their heals and almost made enough shots for the epic comeback.

You have to admire the Stars "style" of hockey that is so good and so consistent that it doesn't matter if they have a lead or are making a comeback, they produce similar 3rd period results. Those extra couple of shots in the 3rd in game 3 were clearly the difference in this series so far.

This Bolts team has never faced this type of 3rd period shut down defence like Dallas that is capable of holding a lead or making a strong run at a comeback with their offensive prowess. It's a miracle that the Bolts have won 2 games so far.

The Stars ability to come from behind cannot be underestimated. They have the Bolts right where they want them. It's just like the VGK series and the Avs series, and the Flames series.

Shot counts dont matter. Just look at the style of defense. And Tampa has never had to deal with a Team like Dallas that is big and strong.

Whew... Did i miss anything?

Go Bolts!

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Dallas totally shut down Tampa in game 1 in the third after the Bolts found their hockey legs. Juxtapose Game 3 3rd where the Stars who have been better 5v5 all series showed us their magic and really had the Bolts back on their heals and almost made enough shots for the epic comeback.

You have to admire the Stars "style" of hockey that is so good and so consistent that it doesn't matter if they have a lead or are making a comeback, they produce similar 3rd period results. Those extra couple of shots in the 3rd in game 3 were clearly the difference in this series so far.

This Bolts team has never faced this type of 3rd period shut down defence like Dallas that is capable of holding a lead or making a strong run at a comeback with their offensive prowess. It's a miracle that the Bolts have won 2 games so far.

The Stars ability to come from behind cannot be underestimated. They have the Bolts right where they want them. It's just like the VGK series and the Avs series, and the Flames series.

Shot counts dont matter. Just look at the style of defense. And Tampa has never had to deal with a Team like Dallas that is big and strong.

Whew... Did i miss anything?

Go Bolts!
Stars need to star playing like last year Blue Jackets. :sarcasm:

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Hockey4Life91

Mar 13, 2018
Game 4 has a little extra importance given the unprecedented SCF back-to-back. It will be very interesting to see how this plays out.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
It’s a must Miro Heiskanen steps up and gets involved offensively. He’s been in a serious slump, and for the Stars to win, he’s got to get going.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
I think Dallas takes game 1, Tampa game 2. These back to backs are generally an advantage for faster teams but with the extra rest for Dallas I think it’ll be a close one.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I think Dallas takes game 1, Tampa game 2. These back to backs are generally an advantage for faster teams but with the extra rest for Dallas I think it’ll be a close one.
I don't think the rest is relevant anymore. Dallas is starting to get dinged up quite a bit while Tampa seems to be getting healthier.

It's interesting - who knows how it comes out but I would love to celebrate the weekend by getting shitfaced because Tampa won the Cup.

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
It’s a must Miro Heiskanen steps up and gets involved offensively. He’s been in a serious slump, and for the Stars to win, he’s got to get going.
The first line is the main concern for the Stars.

Seguin Benn Radulov - 0 points combined.

They need to break out with big goals at key times or this series is over.

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
If Im Bowness I seriously consider breaking up the first line and (if healthy) showing the Lightening something different in the way of Ben Bishop.

or are they panic moves ?

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
If Im Bowness I seriously consider breaking up the first line and (if healthy) showing the Lightening something different in the way of Ben Bishop.

or are they panic moves ?
Two lines of thought right - break it up or hope they figure it out?

I don't think it's super relevant at the end of the day. Your best players need to be your best players, and no matter what combination that isn't happening right now. Benn has been... fine? but Radulov and Seguin have been net negatives this series, and that can't happen if you want to win.

I say this from experience of watching Tampa stars disappear at the worst possible time. The coach can't make players produce.

I'll say this though - if Seguin is significantly injured and he's still been put in the roles he has been in, Bowness hasn't learned shit since he's been in Tampa.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017

Hard to score unless the D get involved. Look at what Hedman is adding to the TBay scoring. Heiskanen needs to get going, or the series is over Saturday night.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009

They found the back of the net in game 1. Have had a little trouble outside of that first game while tampa hasn't had too big of an issue finding it lately. Dallas is gonna have to get their offense going if the offense sustains for tampa. Theyve done it before will be interesting to see if tampa just made an adjustment and dallas is having a difficult time countering it or was tampa tired game 1 and just didn't play their game?

I think we find out tonight and I think tomorrow's game could be a sloppy one and anyone can win that. Today's game is bigger because of that. For tampa get that 2 game lead would be really tough to get 3 in a row against this lightning team. If dallas gets it they can take the lead the next night.

I'll be watching the game from work and my record hasn't been great for tb when I have had to do that. Most of the time it goes to ot. We won last time though so not entirely going in dallas favor but ot is almost guaranteed. ;)

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Still think Dallas is better 5 on 5. If they stay out of the box, they'll win this series imo. In game 1 they proved they were better 5 on 5.
They can be better but weren't for a long time. Game 1 gives you the benefit of the doubt but I'd be worried after seeing how Tampa controlled the pace despite leading game 3 all along. Bowness needs to adjust big time.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
After hours of careful analysis, deep thought and furled brow, I have come to the conclusion that Dallas' problem is that Tampa is just better. Don't know what the hell the Stars can do about that.

Reactions: Dueling Banjos

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
They found the back of the net in game 1. Have had a little trouble outside of that first game while tampa hasn't had too big of an issue finding it lately. Dallas is gonna have to get their offense going if the offense sustains for tampa. Theyve done it before will be interesting to see if tampa just made an adjustment and dallas is having a difficult time countering it or was tampa tired game 1 and just didn't play their game?

I think we find out tonight and I think tomorrow's game could be a sloppy one and anyone can win that. Today's game is bigger because of that. For tampa get that 2 game lead would be really tough to get 3 in a row against this lightning team. If dallas gets it they can take the lead the next night.

I'll be watching the game from work and my record hasn't been great for tb when I have had to do that. Most of the time it goes to ot. We won last time though so not entirely going in dallas favor but ot is almost guaranteed. ;)
Tough year calling for me . As far as "winning team tonight" predictions. All play offs Im definitely hitting well below 500.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

meatwad4343

Apr 19, 2018
Tampa
The first game was an aberration based on the rest factor of both teams going in. We'd be playing for a sweep tonight if not for that. I expect more of the same tonight, 4-2 bolts. I like Dallas (except perry) but Tampa is just stacked this year.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Tough year calling for me . As far as "winning team tonight" predictions. All play offs Im definitely hitting well below 500.

Lol I was close to throwing money on dallas after the first loss just because I'm always wrong about my picks. Then if I was right I at least win some money. A win either way. I might still do that if tampa wins tonight lol.

Reactions: PaulD

DeeVeeUss

Apr 12, 2017
Naples, FL
Two lines of thought right - break it up or hope they figure it out?

I don't think it's super relevant at the end of the day. Your best players need to be your best players, and no matter what combination that isn't happening right now. Benn has been... fine? but Radulov and Seguin have been net negatives this series, and that can't happen if you want to win.

I say this from experience of watching Tampa stars disappear at the worst possible time. The coach can't make players produce.

I'll say this though - if Seguin is significantly injured and he's still been put in the roles he has been in, Bowness hasn't learned shit since he's been in Tampa.
This. I've heard it could be his wrist although that's all hearsay. But he saw how ineffective Johnson was in SCF15/even Tyler admitted he shouldn't have put himself out there. Why limit your team by dragging around a corpse on the first line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad