2020 Stanley Cup Final: Dallas Stars vs Tampa Bay Lightning | TBL leads 2-1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

2020 Stanley Cup Final: Dallas Stars vs Tampa Bay Lightning

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Still think Dallas is better 5 on 5. If they stay out of the box, they'll win this series imo. In game 1 they proved they were better 5 on 5.
Did you see game 1 of Tampa - Isles when Isles immediately jumped into a new series after winning their last?

Did you see the rest of the series?

Making that assumption off of game 1 is pretttttty short sided.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Stamkos being on the bench, let alone scoring in 3 minutes of ice time, must put a lot of wind in the sails. To have your captain with you on the bench after so long.

Also, I feel like universally Stamkos is loved by fans and players and seeing him get his cup would be amazing. The big 4 of the 10s (Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, and Stamkos) would all have a cup, individual awards, and plenty of storylines in their careers.

Its obviously 2 different cases and but it reminds me of the Pens rallying around Lemieux when he came back from cancer treatment. Your captain and face of the team coming back after a long absence is something special.

Also... I'd argue its a big 5 with Kane included.

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
It seems TB's chances aren't as dangerous 5 on 5. But of course...a team like TB doesn't need many chances to score.

I hope it's obvious now Vegas wouldn't have lasted more than five games against Tampa. Not unless Lehner went god mode. That series would've been a massacre.

In this series .......

Lethal Tbay powerplay firing on a career back up goalie.

Not to mention, Tbay has the best center man, the best winger, the best Dman, and the best goaltender.

If they didnt win this series I would fire Cooper before he left the bubble.

Last edited:
Reactions: McDavidMasterRace

U55

Apr 9, 2019
Tampa, Florida
Did you see game 1 of Tampa - Isles when Isles immediately jumped into a new series after winning their last?

Did you see the rest of the series?

Making that assumption off of game 1 is pretttttty short sided.
hopefully he's not a gambler, because I don't know how you could assess dallas being superior at 5 on 5 in this series so far. The powerplay opportunities are even anyway, so it's not as though tampa is getting more chances to score with an extra man. Tampa is just better at executing on their opportunities and at 5 on 5 up to this point.

Reactions: Hoek

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
hopefully he's not a gambler, because I don't know how you could assess dallas being superior at 5 on 5 in this series so far. The powerplay opportunities are even anyway, so it's not as though tampa is getting more chances to score with an extra man. Tampa is just better at executing on their opportunities and at 5 on 5 up to this point.
If Dallas was superior at 5v5, you'd imagine they wouldn't have been totally shut down 5V5 in the third last night.

Reactions: DFC and U55

Nikki Potnick

Aug 26, 2020
Where the sun don't shine
If Dallas was superior at 5v5, you'd imagine they wouldn't have been totally shut down 5V5 in the third last night.
Not that I will say they are superior 5v5. But if by "totally shut down", you mean they scored the only goal in the 3rd period and it was 5v5. Then yes, Dallas was totally shut down in the 3rd last night. You got it.

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Its obviously 2 different cases and but it reminds me of the Pens rallying around Lemieux when he came back from cancer treatment. Your captain and face of the team coming back after a long absence is something special.

Also... I'd argue its a big 5 with Kane included.

Stamps was out of play offs in 016 as well. Then conference finals. Game 7 . Miraculous appearance by the captain to give the team a lift.

Splat. Eliminated by Pens. Stamps was a minus - 1. 37% in the face off circle.

Sometimes it gives the team a lift. Sometimes not.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Not that I will say they are superior 5v5. But if by "totally shut down", you mean they scored the only goal in the 3rd period and it was 5v5. Then yes, Dallas was totally shut down in the 3rd last night. You got it.

If they'd scored on every shot they took, they would have sent the game to overtime. Pretty sure that passes the test for "totally shut down."

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Benn in the box for 12 minutes didnt help.

Rads and Seguin were horrible 5 on 5...and 5 on 4.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Forgive me if I don't put much into a flub shot that flipped over the goalies back and hit a Tampa leg before going in.

Sure though. That was huge when it *checks* made it 5-2.

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
If they'd scored on every shot they took, they would have sent the game to overtime. Pretty sure that passes the test for "totally shut down."
Tbay has the best center man, best winger, best Dman and best goalie in the series..............they better win or Cooper is in trouble.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
The only noncoincidental penalties in the third period of both games 2 and 3 were against Tampa.

So. Trailing in both games, Dallas has managed 8 (?) total shots and 1 goal while getting 2 PPs in the third.

The superiority is crushing.

It's early. There's still 4 possible hockey games to play but to claim Dallas is superior 5v5 when the eye test and stats say otherwise is silly.

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Yea you could just see the Stars knew they were not going to win.

Reminded me of Lightening against Jackets last year. Game 4. ;)

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
The only noncoincidental penalties in the third period of both games 2 and 3 were against Tampa.

So. Trailing in both games, Dallas has managed 8 (?) total shots and 1 goal while getting 2 PPs in the third.

The superiority is crushing.

It's early. There's still 4 possible hockey games to play but to claim Dallas is superior 5v5 when the eye test and stats say otherwise is silly.
Nope. Stars are the under dog in every way. Right down to the the career back up goalie.

Nikki Potnick

Aug 26, 2020

Forgive me if I don't put much into a flub shot that flipped over the goalies back and hit a Tampa leg before going in.

Sure though. That was huge when it *checks* made it 5-2.
Love it. Someone says something that is 100% inaccurate and/or untruthful and yet they get defensive when you call them out. I stated I don't agree that Dallas is outplaying Tampa 5v5, it was the first thing I said but I'm sure you both didn't even see that.

It's like someone saying "the earth is round", because every time I put a basketball on the ground, it rolls. If you're gonna argue someone's opinion, bring something of substance. Not some nonsense.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Love it. Someone says something that is 100% inaccurate and/or untruthful and yet they get defensive when you call them out. I stated I don't agree that Dallas is outplaying Tampa 5v5, it was the first thing I said but I'm sure you both didn't even see that.

It's like someone saying "the earth is round", because every time I put a basketball on the ground, it rolls. If you're gonna argue someone's opinion, bring something to the table. Not some nonsense.

...I'm pretty sure you're guilty of the thing you're accusing us of.

You said Dallas wasn't "shut down." They were down by four goals and they managed four shots. Yeah, one went in, but when you're down by four... and you get four shots... ... ... you've been shut the **** down.

Reactions: Danrs112

Nikki Potnick

Aug 26, 2020
...I'm pretty sure you're guilty of the thing you're accusing us of.

You said Dallas wasn't "shut down." They were down by four goals and they managed four shots. Yeah, one went in, but when you're down by four... and you get four shots... ... ... you've been shut the **** down.
Yea I never said that, keep making stuff up. It's your M.O. He said "totally shut down", you should really learn to read or choose your words better. Do I really need to show you the definition of "totally"? Again, bring something of substance.

You're done.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Yea I never said that, keep making stuff up. It's your M.O. He said "totally shut down", you should really learn to read or choose your words better. Do I really need to show you the definition of "totally"? Again, bring something of substance.

You're done.

Oh, I see, so in order to "totally" shut a team down you have to actually keep them from ever crossing the blue line like that one time in Montreal in 1937 or something.

If a team gets so few shots that they can't actually win a game in regulation, even if all those shots go in, that counts as totally shut down. Otherwise we can keep deconstructing the definition until a team doesn't touch the puck to count as a "total" shut down.

Nikki Potnick

Aug 26, 2020
Oh, I see, so in order to "totally" shut a team down you have to actually keep them from ever crossing the blue line like that one time in Montreal in 1937 or something.

If a team gets so few shots that they can't actually win a game in regulation, even if all those shots go in, that counts as totally shut down. Otherwise we can keep deconstructing the definition until a team doesn't touch the puck to count as a "total" shut down.
:laugh: Again with the hyperbole, "keep them from crossing the blue line". Your M.O. is blatant and terrible.

I actually choose my words deliberately. Don't get mad because he was factually wrong and was called out on it. He could have said they were totally shut down in the 2nd period. What a random thing to bring up the 3rd period, especially when Dallas scored the only 5v5 goal, and outshot Tampa. The third period was a formality more than anything, to take anything from it shows how little that guy really knows about hockey.

And again, as the FIRST thing I said, but you still haven't read it. I agree that Dallas hasn't been better 5v5 this series. But bring something of substance if you're going to disagree with that poster. Don't blatantly lie.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
:laugh: Again with the hyperbole, "keep them from crossing the blue line". Your M.O. is blatant and terrible.

I actually choose my words deliberately. Don't get mad because he was factually wrong and was called out on it. He could have said they were totally shut down in the 2nd period. What a random thing to bring up the 3rd period, especially when Dallas scored the only 5v5 goal, and outshot Tampa. The third period was a formality more than anything, to take anything from it shows how little that guy really knows about hockey.

And again, as the FIRST thing I said, but you still haven't read it. I agree that Dallas hasn't been better 5v5 this series. But bring something of substance if you're going to disagree with that poster. Don't blatantly lie.

Down by four; four shots.

Nikki Potnick

Aug 26, 2020
Lmao my guy you literally argued my post saying Dallas was shut down by saying “If by shut down you mean they scored the only goal of the period 5v5” and you’re going to say someone made that shit up? Scoring one flub goal on 4 shots when you’re down 4 in the Stanley Cup Finals is getting totally shut down no matter how hard you wanna argue semantics.

Like you realize the dumb shit you post is still there for anyone to look at, right? It doesn’t disappear cause you want to act like you didn’t say it?
Umm, you/I said "totally shut down"...You should look up the meaning of words you don't know (in this case "totally") if you're going to use them.

It's shocking how someone is so oblivious to the things they are saying. You are 100% factually wrong. This is not a matter of opinion, or perception, I can prove this on an etch a sketch.

It's not just that either, your reasoning for how Dallas hasn't outplayed Tampa 5v5 was pointing to the 3rd period of the last game. First off, Dallas outscored Tampa (which goes back to your "totally" comment and how factually inaccurate it is, yet you still can't understand that, somehow...). Second, a large portion of that period wasn't played 5v5. Third, the game was over at that point, so using it as some sort of reason shows your lack of good argumentation.

Everything is here for you to look at, you are definitely right there. If you actually read it, I mean really look at what was said, you'd see you are wrong. Semantics? It's the English language, my guy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad