2020 Stanley Cup Final: Dallas Stars vs Tampa Bay Lightning | TBL leads 2-1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

2020 Stanley Cup Final: Dallas Stars vs Tampa Bay Lightning

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
They were trailing in the series on three seperate occasions. Won game 6 & 7. Pretty impressive.
Game 6 was the game when Gelinas had the goal not counted.

There were people in Canada saying that George Bush was involved, and he was causing the NHL to be against Calgary.

CaptBrannigan

Apr 5, 2006
Tampa
Game 6 was the game when Gelinas had the goal not counted.

There were people in Canada saying that George Bush was involved, and he was causing the NHL to be against Calgary.
Because it’s become tiresome correcting people who see a “goal” in that game, I’ll just say lol.

Because the second part of your post is batshit crazy, I’ll just say LOL!

Reactions: Hoek

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
Because it’s become tiresome correcting people who see a “goal” in that game, I’ll just say lol.

Because the second part of your post is batshit crazy, I’ll just say LOL!
I am not saying I saw a goal. Just referencing that game.

As for the second part, it was true. CBC were interviewing many people who were claiming that George Bush was getting the NHL to be tough on Calgary.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Kinda feels like it’s over for the Stars. I really hope they prove me wrong but I haven’t seen much to indicate otherwise.

Reactions: DieselPig

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
Corey Perry needs to sit. Fresh bodies are of the utmost importance right now. I'm not sure who should replace him, but we need as many rested players out there as possible. 24 games in 50 days later, your better players are not necessarily better.

East Coast Icestyle

Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
Stamkos being on the bench, let alone scoring in 3 minutes of ice time, must put a lot of wind in the sails. To have your captain with you on the bench after so long.

Also, I feel like universally Stamkos is loved by fans and players and seeing him get his cup would be amazing. The big 4 of the 10s (Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, and Stamkos) would all have a cup, individual awards, and plenty of storylines in their careers.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
It's weird how there are no hard fought, even periods where neither team gets much of an edge. It's either all Dallas or all Tampa, all the time.

BoltsFanPinellasPark

Apr 18, 2018
How good is the Tampa defense outside of Hedman? Clearly all the TB offensive stars came out for game 3 and really put the Dallas defense on their heals. This series is not going how I expected. From period 3 of game 1 on, I really feel like Tampa has made the adjustments and Dallas has yet to respond. I can tell Dallas is hungry by their physical play style, but the Bolts are just so good at taking what teams give them and seem to be utterly efficient. Can the stars crack the TB defense and get quality shots on Vasy and really test him? I've seen some hints of sloppy play by Vasy in all 3 games, but those Tampa d-pairs seem to really have his back this time around, unlike past playoff runs. If Tampa can jump out to the early lead again and take advantage of Dallas over aggressiveness and lack of adaptation in Game 4, this might be another lightning walk away series. If the Stars can redirect their aggressiveness into the puck and put it on net rather than trying to push the Bolts around, we might see this series stretch out some more. I expected more offensive assertion from Dallas tho. I get they have had many come from behind wins, but the Bolts and their offensive style defense playing with the lead is not something to be trifled with. I also see injuries piling up for Dallas at a time when the Bolts seems to be recovering their health a bit. Dallas needs to find another dimension! Go Bolts!

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
Actual footage of Lightning players trying out for the Olympic dive team:
giphy-downsized-medium.gif

I feel really bad for Dobby as his team is not doing him any favors. Here is to hoping Dallas comes out next game with a fighting mentality.

AD1066

Sep 30, 2011
Stamkos being on the bench, let alone scoring in 3 minutes of ice time, must put a lot of wind in the sails. To have your captain with you on the bench after so long.

Also, I feel like universally Stamkos is loved by fans and players and seeing him get his cup would be amazing. The big 4 of the 10s (Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, and Stamkos) would all have a cup, individual awards, and plenty of storylines in their careers.

It's great to see him back, but I don't feel this Cup would add a whole lot to his legacy. Doesn't feel like he's earned it, except in maybe a karmic way.

Madap

May 24, 2019
Toronto, ON, Canada

"Big 4" hahaha.

Reactions: Nikki Potnick
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad