HF Habs: 2020 Montreal Canadiens Off-Season Thread part 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
The case for Danault is simple IMO. Keeping him helps both Suzuki and KK concentrate more on the offensive side of the game. Danault takes tougher defensive shifts while they get more offense opportunities.
How did Danault become such a solid two-way center again? By playing the PP? ;)Kotkaniemi and Suzuki both need to get top-6 time, which is mathematically impossible without Danault getting 3rd line minutes. And we all know that even when Julien "demotes" Danault, Kotkaniemi isn't significantly promoted in terms of usage and play time.

Reactions: 417

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
How did Danault become such a solid two-way center again? By playing the PP? ;)Kotkaniemi and Suzuki both need to get top-6 time, which is mathematically impossible without Danault getting 3rd line minutes. And we all know that even when Julien "demotes" Danault, Kotkaniemi isn't significantly promoted in terms of usage and play time.

They could do 17-17-16-10.

Reactions: calder candidate

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
For me Danault and Gallagher are keepers, as far as team building is concerned. Now it all depends on the price. I think 5M$ for both is great value. Though since we are in Mtl, I think both get 5,5-6M$. I wouldn’t give them more than 5 years tough.

The case for Danault is simple IMO. Keeping him helps both Suzuki and KK concentrate more on the offensive side of the game. Danault takes tougher defensive shifts while they get more offense opportunities. There is nothing wrong with equally splitting the TOI between the three of them for the first 2 years.

i think the important thing though is the three lines need forwards that can produce offensively.

Though I agree Danault will be paid too much for a 3rd line center but quite frankly, his salary won’t be a problem the first 2-3 years. Then you can still trade him when both KK and Suzuki are more seasoned and will still have good value.

Thing is, we know that Danault won't accept a third line role. Unless Kotkaniemi busts, I'm not sure how Danault as a future here relative to his expectations.

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
Thing is, we know that Danault won't accept a third line role. Unless Kotkaniemi busts, I'm not sure how Danault as a future here relative to his expectations.

Hopefully, KK doesn't bust. I rather have a 6'1" C than Danault on the first line. The team has been looking for an elite C since the 90s.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Our success with Danault taking up 1st line duties and ice time, has led us to being the 24th place team. Although I love PD as a player, he is a 3rd line centre, and most know this, and Phil is not near the player he thinks he is...the results with him having the best linemates have been miserable, not sure why he doesn't see this.
Was glad to hear CJ in his comments about PD's semi rant after the playoffs. The TEAM needs to succeed Phil, not just the player.

Reactions: Miller Time

Jul 6, 2016
I like Fast, but he’s another 3rd liner

Dadonov is a good option for the Habs on the UFA market. . Not my favourite. Athanasiou is a one trick poney who knows only one side of the ice.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Dadonov is a good option for the Habs on the UFA market. . Not my favourite. Athanasiou is a one trick poney who knows only one side of the ice.

One of
UFA (in order of preference): Hoffman, Toffoli, Dadonov, Hall, Granlund, Anasthasiou, Smith, Fast, Namestnikov, Nichuskin
or
Trade (in order of preference): Rakell, Silfverberg, Palmieri, Mantha, Kessel, Connolly

Jul 6, 2016
One of
UFA (in order of preference): Hoffman, Toffoli, Dadonov, Hall, Granlund, Anasthasiou, Smith, Fast, Namestnikov, Nichuskin
or
Trade (in order of preference): Rakell, Silfverberg, Palmieri, Mantha, Kessel, Connolly

Habs need also 4th liners with size and experience. Guys like Girgensons or Grant or Lewis could be interesting.

Jul 6, 2016
Maroon, Pitlick or Girgensons are my first picks.

Maroon is gonna be a guy who will receive tons of offers. 2 SC in 2 years !!!! Some teams might want this lucky charm.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
McGuire recommends: Dadonov. Jesper Fast, Anasthiou.
Dadonov would make our PP better, but our 5 on 5 play needs more jam. It does fill a need, but not entirely.

The other two guys I like them as 3rd liners, but not exactly what we need. I'd take both of them over Byron though.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
This is a ridiculous claim
You understand we need scoring on the top two
Lines? How the hell does marroon or dadanov help? Dadanov is gonna want 6 million on the open market and is no better than Gallagher or Tata
Maroon??? More 4th line players.
Where do Evans, Poehling, Leks, Domi play?
We need talent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad