HF Habs: 2020 Montreal Canadiens Off-Season Thread part 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Not being able to physically give it 110% every single shift? That's going to happen with injuries and him ageing.

Gallagher has the heart of a lion but he's still a "limited" player. He literally needs to give 100% ever shifts to make a difference. Like you, I don't see him being to keep that pace for a long time. We saw how a not 100% Gallagher can be quite invisible in the playoffs. An aging Gallagher will not able to give his 100% for 82 games + playoffs. I think he has maybe a couple of good years left but if we sign him long term, we might regret it after 2-3 years.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Tyler Toffoli ?did he almost trade for him one time
(Max Pac67)?lol

I hear some throw out ideas of trading with Tampa for Killorn....

There was the rumor Toffoli was in the deal that would send him to Montreal and Pacioretty to LA. Max didn't want to sign an extension there, so the deal was off.

Reactions: Habaneros

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
I may get this wrong, but I recall Toffoli was in the rumor, as well as their 22nd overall. And there was probably a prospect involved. But the only one I remember for sure is Toffoli's name in that rumor.

Dolan-Anderson I think was the prospect included if my memory is right. Or maybe Kyle Clague?

Reactions: Adam Michaels

neil2005

May 2, 2012
I may get this wrong, but I recall Toffoli was in the rumor, as well as their 22nd overall. And there was probably a prospect involved. But the only one I remember for sure is Toffoli's name in that rumor.
Muzzin was definitely in the trade. I believe it was Anderson-Dolan, Muzzin and their 2018 or 2019 1st rounder for Pacioretty

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Gallagher has the heart of a lion but he's still a "limited" player. He literally needs to give 100% ever shifts to make a difference. Like you, I don't see him being to keep that pace for a long time. We saw how a not 100% Gallagher can be quite invisible in the playoffs. An aging Gallagher will not able to give his 100% for 82 games + playoffs. I think he has maybe a couple of good years left but if we sign him long term, we might regret it after 2-3 years.
Loyalty to Gally will to a contract that’s too big and for too long which will lead to him being chased out of town by fans and media in the years to come.

Kents polished head

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Sure, do you have any counterarguments though?

Running your mouth with a broken jaw has little to do with your legs and core muscles aging process and the impact it has on your ability to properly skate, shoot, and take a hit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Montreal wanted their top center prospect Gabe Vilardi

I'm sure they asked for him. Don't know if he was in that deal. The deal between LA and Montreal was done. The one who nixed it was Max because the deal was dependent on if he signs an extension. And he didn't want to sign one in LA.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Running your mouth with a broken jaw has little to do with your legs and core muscles aging process and the impact it has on your ability to properly skate, shoot, and take a hit.
I'm here for sure but your argumentation is clearly out of this world!
Let's keep it close to the earth, Gally would approve.

Last edited by a moderator:

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
I'm sure they asked for him. Don't know if he was in that deal. The deal between LA and Montreal was done. The one who nixed it was Max because the deal was dependent on if he signs an extension. And he didn't want to sign one in LA.

buy nixing the LA deal ,MaxPac67 made the deal work great for both he and us ..we need to thank him .

Reactions: Sterling Archer

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Muzzin was definitely in the trade. I believe it was Anderson-Dolan, Muzzin and their 2018 or 2019 1st rounder for Pacioretty
If those were the pieces, I want to thank Patches for refusing to sign with L.A. With Vegas we got our future #1 C plus a player and a prospect that match the best of the L.A. trade.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
buy nixing the LA deal ,MaxPac67 made the deal work great for both he and us ..we need to thank him .

Oh yea. We might be happy with the LA deal (because we would have never knows what the Vegas deal would look like). But we can definitely be more than happy about the deal with Vegas.

Reactions: Habs Icing

AntiCHrice

Mar 30, 2016
I wouldn't go above 5.5M$ for Gally. I think it's more than enough for a borderline 50pts player even with all his great intangibles. I 'm not worried about a decline though. The guy is all about shovel and spades, something you dont loose aging up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad