HF Habs: 2020 Montreal Canadiens Off-Season Thread part 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Follow the discussion. That's for the 4th line. An earlier post has my candidates for the top 6 spot.
We don’t need more 4th liners. Evans and Poehling can be a good 4th line with Byron
Add high end talent or do Nothing
Don’t spend the cap to say he did his job
We lost against Philly cuz we didn’t score
We were 24 th before Covid cuz we didn’t score
4th line players will not help the PP

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Thing is, we know that Danault won't accept a third line role. Unless Kotkaniemi busts, I'm not sure how Danault as a future here relative to his expectations.

He wont accept 3rd line role or 3rd line money ? We cant throw $6M at a 3C, but if we did, I think he would sign.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
We don’t need more 4th liners. Evans and Poehling can be a good 4th line with Byron
Add high end talent or do Nothing
Don’t spend the cap to say he did his job
We lost against Philly cuz we didn’t score
We were 24 th before Covid cuz we didn’t score
4th line players will not help the PP

That's why we are getting a top 6 guy as well. Poehling is not NHL ready. A guy like Maroon/Pitlick/Girgensons would be around 1 million and be a much better 4th.

Trade Domi.

Tatar - Suzuki - Gallagher
Drouin - KK - XXX
Lehkonen/Byron - Danault - Armia
Lehkonen/Byron - Evans - XXX
Weal

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
That's why we are getting a top 6 guy as well. Poehling is not NHL ready. A guy like Maroon/Pitlick/Girgensons would be around 1 million and be a much better 4th.

Trade Domi.

Drouin - KK - XXX
Weal
You’re very optimistic. If we get a top 6 guy I’ll be shocked. I think Domi will be plotted as winger

Deebs

Without you, everything falls apart
Feb 5, 2014
We have too many LW and too many playmakers. We need a RW goalscorer. That's my plan which you would have seen if you followed the discussion.
Toffoli?

habamillions

Jul 9, 2009
Ottawa
Follow the discussion. That's for the 4th line. An earlier post has my candidates for the top 6 spot.
I know it was a joke. Those are exactly the type of guys bergevin gets year in and year out. He will be really scared now because his one big ufa signing was a complete disaster

Kents polished head

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
You understand we need scoring on the top two
Lines? How the hell does marroon or dadanov help? Dadanov is gonna want 6 million on the open market and is no better than Gallagher or Tata
Maroon??? More 4th line players.
Where do Evans, Poehling, Leks, Domi play?
We need talent

You said Dadonov was not an improvement over anything that we have. This is a ridiculous claim.

Reactions: Sterling Archer

Mike Towers

Aug 8, 2019
Habs need also 4th liners with size and experience. Guys like Girgensons or Grant or Lewis could be interesting.
Other 4th liners available with size....Vesey,Leivo,Noesen,and Matt Martin if you want someone who throws a lot of hits.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
What first line??
Tatar-Danault -Gallagher ?
That’s a Second line. Until we get top line players we won’t make the playoffs

Gallagher is a 30 goal scorer, but is somehow not a 1st liner?

Suzuki first C btw.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004

Trade Domi.

Drouin - KK - XXX
Weal

Girgenson would be a really nice depth pick up.

Barring a quality top 6 swap for Domi, I'd look to sign Granlund... Then trade Domi or Tatar for best pick/prospect package either generated

Tatar/Domi - Suzuki - Drouin
Granlund - JKO - Gallagher
Lekhonen - Danault - Armia
Girgenson - Evans - Byron
Hudon/Poehling

Chiarot - Weber
Edmundson - Petry
Mete - Romanov
Kulak/Juulsen

Price
Allen

Hope price can carry team to playoffs, if not, sell off most of 2021 ufa's Danault, Tatar(?), Kulak, Armia at deadline and focus on expansion summer to re-tool & build up around future (Suzuki, JKO, Caufield, Romanov, Norlinder, Primeau)

Last edited:

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
TSN slotted the players by lines, they had no forwards as 1st liners.

Craig Button went back to it and changed Gallagher to a 1st liner. Presumably he just wanted to shut up annoying Habs fans.

At the same time, Gally scored 31 and 33 goals just recently, so I think he is a 1st liner. He drives the play better than most wingers 5 on 5 and scores 30 goals. What more could he do?

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Craig Button went back to it and changed Gallagher to a 1st liner. Presumably he just wanted to shut up annoying Habs fans.

At the same time, Gally scored 31 and 33 goals just recently, so I think he is a 1st liner. He drives the play better than most wingers 5 on 5 and scores 30 goals. What more could he do?

I didn’t know that. I’d put him as a lower tier first liner myself.

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
What I meant is that the difference between them isn't really height.
Danault is mostly a third line C, tops second. KK though can be that dominant C this team has been missing for years. Suzuki will likely be pivoting the second line. If all goes well, the Habs have a bright future ahead. Will Dabault accepts an Eller like role in Montréal, it remains to be seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad