HF Habs: 2020 Montreal Canadiens Off-Season Thread part 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
I wouldn't go above 5.5M$ for Gally. I think it's more than enough for a borderline 50pts player even with all his great intangibles. I 'm not worried about a decline though. The guy is all about shovel and spades, something you dont loose aging up
Sometimes the heart is willing but the body just won't go.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Reactions: donghabs98

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Injuries did start playing a bit of a part with Gallagher this year ( concussion, broken jaw,etc. ) . It would definitely factor into the equation if I'm Bergevin, I might push for more money for less term.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
the last Smith we had on the Habs was Bobby Smith ....

everyone ready for Craig?

Canadiens free agency primer: Bergevin likely to avoid big-ticket signings - Sportsnet.ca

Habs are not Tampa drafting/development wise and likely to avoid big ticket UFAs so basically no like Dallas either (who complimented their youth with Pavelski/Radulov). Bergevin hasn't shown to be able to acquire impact players without hurting roster through trade like Dallas/Tampa either (Seguin/McDonagh).

Very interesting new technique to becoming contender, mediocre drafting/development, mediocre UFA signings, and mediocre talent acquisition.

AntiCHrice

Mar 30, 2016
I dont think age matters when you get a stick to the face. No matter how old you are that jaw will break :). As for concussions again not age related.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
If we didn't have Byron, I would say maybe on a one year show-me deal. Alas, the goblin is here for 3 more years.

I don't see where Grabner fits in this lineup. I would still try and get rid of Byron to bring him. He would be both less expensive and more versatile.
I’d see him in the 4th line and PK.

Reactions: donghabs98

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
I wouldn't go above 5.5M$ for Gally. I think it's more than enough for a borderline 50pts player even with all his great intangibles. I 'm not worried about a decline though. The guy is all about shovel and spades, something you dont loose aging up
If Gallagher is only getting 5.5 then Danault won’t get more than 4.75

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca

Bergevin said in an interview last week with Marinara sauce, that he intends of making Gally the most paid forward.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Bergevin said in an interview last week with Marinara sauce, that he intends of making Gally the most paid forward.
While I appreciate his heart, leadership, example, I am concerned how much he has in the tank. That kid has never taken a shift off in his life.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
He's definitely better than having to see the likes of Weal and Weise out there. Im all for signing him to a cheap prove me type deal.
So Instead of getting a legit Top 6 forward you want Bergevin to roll the dice with someone who’s always hurt?
You’ll be the first to roast Bergevin when Grabner fails
Why play Grabner over Evans or Poehling?
this makes so little sense. Get legit scorers or let the kids play. The garbage 4th line pickups need to end

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
I may get this wrong, but I recall Toffoli was in the rumor, as well as their 22nd overall. And there was probably a prospect involved. But the only one I remember for sure is Toffoli's name in that rumor.

I think I remember it as Toffoli, Vilardi and their 22nd.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
For me Danault and Gallagher are keepers, as far as team building is concerned. Now it all depends on the price. I think 5M$ for both is great value. Though since we are in Mtl, I think both get 5,5-6M$. I wouldn’t give them more than 5 years tough.

The case for Danault is simple IMO. Keeping him helps both Suzuki and KK concentrate more on the offensive side of the game. Danault takes tougher defensive shifts while they get more offense opportunities. There is nothing wrong with equally splitting the TOI between the three of them for the first 2 years.

i think the important thing though is the three lines need forwards that can produce offensively.

Though I agree Danault will be paid too much for a 3rd line center but quite frankly, his salary won’t be a problem the first 2-3 years. Then you can still trade him when both KK and Suzuki are more seasoned and will still have good value.

Reactions: malcb33

Kwikwi

Feb 13, 2009
I think I remember it as Toffoli, Vilardi and their 22nd.
Nope it was Toffoli and Muzzin

i remember we wanted to tank and were getting old assets, no prospects no 1st

and Toffoli wasn’t producing much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad