HF Habs: 2020 Montreal Canadiens Off-Season Thread part 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Don't care what the stats say, I've seen enough of Kulak and Mete to know that they aren't good. Even the Habs think so. Kulak was a healthy scratch for a decent amount of games and Mete had less ice time than an AHLer in the playoffs. Not saying they won't get better, but as of right now, they aren't that good.
At some point, people have to look at the results, for what they are, and not what they hope them to be...........Bergevin continues to double down on alot of people, that he should not...and our results have not been pretty.
Agreed, Kulak and Mete have been just ok.......and that's being kind.

Reactions: Miller Time

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Don't care what the stats say, I've seen enough of Kulak and Mete to know that they aren't good. Even the Habs think so. Kulak was a healthy scratch for a decent amount of games and Mete had less ice time than an AHLer in the playoffs. Not saying they won't get better, but as of right now, they aren't that good.
I find the Mete situation is comparable to analytics community losing their collective s*it (led by Andrew Berkshire) when Diaz was dealt for Weise....

Reactions: Ben Chariot

Pacciosoftie

Curved Dach
Oct 26, 2017
I’d shakeup the entire team minus Suzuki/Kk/Romanov/Petry. The makeup of this team has been proven not to work. Why keep trying with the same 90% of players, who are also too small? Be willing to trade anyone and change the indentity of this team. Fed up of the Drouins, Byrons, Tatar, Danaults, Mete, etc. I’m not saying to rebuild, but make actual hockey trades and use our picks and prospects to sweeten the deal.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Oh it is. I wouldn’t sign Danault or Tatar either
Let’s face it. The habs need a new look. If it weren’t for Covid it woulda been 3 years in a row no playoffs we don’t need these guys
I don't think it's wise to not sign them all. I got no issues with signing Petry and Gallagher to extensions.

But no to Danault and Tatar. I'm recouping assets for both of them.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I don't think it's wise to not sign them all. I got no issues with signing Petry and Gallagher to extensions.

But no to Danault and Tatar. I'm recouping assets for both of them.

To me, Tatar is the one I'm trading.

Danault, I'm on the fence. But at the right AAV. If not, I'm moving him.

Petry and Gallagher, I'm all for extending those two. If anything, they're two of the teams' biggest contributors to any semblance of success they have.

Montreal Impact FC

.:| Champ's City |:.
Jun 7, 2012
Montreal
I'm really hating the Molson and Bergevin speech of 'We don't want to pay anyone on the market because we have to pay our kids soon.' They're talking like these guys have had Matthews/Marner/Reilly level of seasons. Holy smokes. Pump the brakes. If a move is there, you do it. You worry about paying them when they've actually become stars and you make the appropriate moves to free up the dough.

what else do you expect from Marc "we are going in the right direction" Bergevin

lots of talk no much action.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

Petry and Gallagher, I'm all for extending those two. If anything, they're two of the teams' biggest contributors to any semblance of success they have.
The only reason I'd be inclined to extend Gallagher is because he's one of the rare drafted and established internally players on our roster. Him and Price, that's it.
It's good to keep those guys around so a KK, Romanov, Caufield, Norlinder, and whoever else sees the value in sticking with the club.

Reactions: salbutera

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I'm willing to bet that Tatar will age a lot better than Gallagher

Why would Gallagher's game suddenly decline? He's not a great skater, he doesn't have an amazing shot... What's going to decline in his game?

As long as he can stay on his skates in front of the net he'll score goals IMO.

And with the way he's taking care of his body and training like a madman, he'll do just fine for quite some more years.

The only thing that I see as a major risk is a weird injury like a puck to the face or to the hands like he already experienced...

Reactions: DAChampion

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006

That’s the name I don’t understand isn’t being discussed as trade bait. He’d be the first player I traded to land a big, RW power forward. He doesn’t really have a future here and I have no interest in extending him at $6M+ he’d be asking for.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Why would Gallagher's game suddenly decline? He's not a great skater, he doesn't have an amazing shot... What's going to decline in his game?
Not being able to physically give it 110% every single shift? That's going to happen with injuries and him ageing.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Tyler Toffoli ?did he almost trade for him one time
(Max Pac67)?lol

I hear some throw out ideas of trading with Tampa for Killorn....
Condensed season having some extra bodies woudn't be a bad thing. I could see guys getting a therapy game day break much like the MLB does

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
they did that with Pacman67 too... he wanted 8.5 million and they shipped him out..and he got it in Vegas.

With out question tho, if Habs wont pay BGally ,another team sure will
I have no problem letting Gallagher go, preferably by trade
He's great when healthy, but that's becoming pretty rare it seems. Also, it's not like that'll improve with age.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
I have no problem letting Gallagher go, preferably by trade
He's great when healthy, but that's becoming pretty rare it seems. Also, it's not like that'll improve with age.

Those Shea Weber slapshots....hurt many players on his own team and others.

I love BGALLY... Pk Subban as a Habs ......I really liked Max Pac67....Halak..Patrick Roy .wasn't happy to see those guys go ...but business is business and the players know it too.

Reactions: Sasha Orlov
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad