HF Habs: 2020 Montreal Canadiens Off-Season Thread part 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
How have they been a top 5 5v5 line over the past two seasons in the entire league if they're not a first line then
Dude. Seriously. None none of those guys are first liners
You gonna compare them to players like , Mathews, marner, eichel, Barkov, Hurbedeau ,
Kucherov and point?
Don’t even try spinning it.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
On par with Tatar I'd say. After Tatar and Gallagher, the winger depth is ugly. Drouin is good sometimes and bad other times. So having 3 2nd line wingers is better than 2.
You can’t give dandonov 6 million though
Then Gallagher will ask for 7

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Dude. Seriously. None none of those guys are first liners
You gonna compare them to players like , Mathews, marner, eichel, Barkov, Hurbedeau ,
Kucherov and point?
Don’t even try spinning it.
That doesn't change the factual results they have accomplished with consistency over 2 seasons. Which is being one of the 5 best 5v5 line in the entire NHL.

And Gallagher is absolutely a 1st liner on his own.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
You can’t give dandonov 6 million though
Then Gallagher will ask for 7
Dadonov has scored 65+ points in 2 of the past 3 years. Gally has never even hit 55. If Gally wants 7 then trade his ass. Dadonov is free and you get assets for Gally.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
That doesn't change the factual results they have accomplished with consistency over 2 seasons. Which is being one of the 5 best 5v5 line in the entire NHL.

And Gallagher is absolutely a 1st liner on his own.
54 pts career high. Ok. So you have no problem paying him 8-9 million? Right?? First line prices

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Dadonov has scored 65+ points in 2 of the past 3 years. Gally has never even hit 55. If Gally wants 7 then trade his ass. Dadonov is free and you get assets for Gally.
I’m not disagreeing. But if Gallagher is a so called first line player, then poSters shouldn’t get upset when he gets 8 million

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007
Drouin-Suzuki-xx
Xx-KK-Armia
Tatar-Danault- Gallagher
Lehkonen-Evans-Byron

Chariot-Weber
Edmondson-Petry
Romanov-Kulak

Thats how it should be and the holes we have imo.

My suggestions:

1- Swing for the fences for Hall to play with KK
2- Trade base of Domi for J. Anderson to play with Suzuki
3- Not a fan of Evans personally. Id make a play for either Bozak or Cirelli to slot as 4th C. A 2nd pick for Bozak or 1st for Cirelli.

Drouin-Suzuki-Anderson
Hall-KK-Armia
Tatar-Danault-Gallagher
Lehkonen-Cirelli/Bozak-Byron

Just what id do...i know im dreaming lol

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
54 pts career high. Ok. So you have no problem paying him 8-9 million? Right?? First line prices
If longevity wasn't a concern with him, I'd totally be fine with 7-8M over a few seasons yes. Over 8M is for the most elite players, not typical first line money. 6.5-8 is more like the range.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
If longevity wasn't a concern with him, I'd totally be fine with 7-8M over a few seasons yes. Over 8M is for the most elite players, not typical first line money. 6.5-8 is more like the range.
Ok. You’re gonna give Gallagher 7.5 million?
Good luck to the habs

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
I disagree, Gallagher on a fully stacked team would be a third liner, getting some occasional minutes on the second line and PP. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the player but let's be realistic...
Maybe he'd play 3rd line on the Leafs with Marner and Nylander ahead.

I can't find any other team when looking quickly. I hope you can help me. I'm really eager to know which other teams have two RWs better than Gally.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Ok. You’re gonna give Gallagher 7.5 million?
Good luck to the habs
That's his value, assuming he doesn't regress badly due to injuries.

Thing is, he's gonna get less than his value because points drive most of the contract's value for forwards.

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
Maybe he'd play 3rd line on the Leafs with Marner and Nylander ahead.

I can't find any other team when looking quickly. I hope you can help me. I'm really eager to know which other teams have two RWs better than Gally.

1) Pens : Guetzel, Zucker
2) Caps : Panic, Ovechkin, Oshie
3) Hawks : Kane, Debrincat, Saad
4) Wild : Zucca, Fiala
5) Isles : Eberle, Bailey
Etc.

A lot of them also play LW.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
1) Pens : Guetzel, Zucker
2) Caps : Panic, Ovechkin, Oshie
3) Hawks : Kane, Debrincat, Saad
4) Wild : Zucca, Fiala
5) Isles : Eberle, Bailey
Etc.

A lot of them also play LW.
Guentzel sure. Zucker is arguable. Very similar impact player. Both played LW this season and before, though.
Ovi isn't the player he used to be, but I'll concede. Panik and Oshie aren't better. Especially not Panik.
Kane and Debrincat sure. Saad nope.
Zucc is not better - similar at best. Fiala has had up's and downs, but going forward likely better, assuming this past season wasn't an outlier.
Eberle and Bayley are not better.

Basically Leafs (maybe) and Hawks.

Good try though.

Last edited:

Jul 6, 2016
I disagree, Gallagher on a fully stacked team would be a third liner, getting some occasional minutes on the second line and PP. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the player but let's be realistic...

No. He would not be a 1st line, nor a 3rd line player. He would be a very good second line rw.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

On a stacked team he's still a 2nd liner - he’s easily the 2nd best RW on Tampa. He brings a lot to a team. It’s not just about goals. Let’s not exaggerate.

Reactions: Tim Wallach

Odie Cleghorn

Jun 8, 2020
Drouin-Suzuki-xx
Xx-KK-Armia
Tatar-Danault- Gallagher
Lehkonen-Evans-Byron

Chariot-Weber
Edmondson-Petry
Romanov-Kulak

Thats how it should be and the holes we have imo.

My suggestions:

1- Swing for the fences for Hall to play with KK
2- Trade base of Domi for J. Anderson to play with Suzuki
3- Not a fan of Evans personally. Id make a play for either Bozak or Cirelli to slot as 4th C. A 2nd pick for Bozak or 1st for Cirelli.

Drouin-Suzuki-Anderson
Hall-KK-Armia
Tatar-Danault-Gallagher
Lehkonen-Cirelli/Bozak-Byron

Just what id do...i know im dreaming lol

Cirelli would not be the 4th line c. He will be far better than Danault offensively and at least equal defensively. In reality if they could sign Cirelli Danault would be gone.

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
Guentzel sure. Zucker is arguable. Very similar impact player. Both played LW this season and before, though.
Ovi isn't the player he used to be, but I'll concede. Panik and Oshie aren't better. Especially not Panik.
Kane and Debrincat sure. Saad nope.
Zucc is not better - similar at best. Fiala has had up's and downs, but going forward likely better, assuming this past season wasn't an outlier.
Eberle and Bayley are not better.

Basically Leafs (maybe) and Hawks.

Good try though.

I disagree, he's a third liner with RW potential, not a first though. Some Habs fans overrate players as usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad