Prospect Info: 2020 Draft #111 - Mitchell Miller (RHD) [Mod Warning post #312]

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
You definitely don’t want to give journalists a cheap and easy option for virtue signaling right now.

This isn't virtue signaling and I have no idea why you're using loaded pejorative language to describe a situation that isn't complicated.

Either Miller demonstrates real growth or he doesn't get a contract. The team is already way, way underwater on this pick. It's on both the team and the player to turn it around together. Nothing about the reporting to date is patently false or 'bad timing' - this is always going to be a chapter in Miller's the life the same as it will be for the person he bullied.

I would never draft this player. My expectation was, with the way BA talked about character, they would never consider it either. I'm disappointed thus far. I hope the kid goes on to be a model citizen but, as of now, it does not look good.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
As I said to someone who was I was very close to 20 years ago, whatever decision you're thinking of making just do the opposite and you'll right 80%+ of the time.

Same applies to the Arizona Coyotes.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
This isn't virtue signaling and I have no idea why you're using loaded pejorative language to describe a situation that isn't complicated.

Either Miller demonstrates real growth or he doesn't get a contract. The team is already way, way underwater on this pick. It's on both the team and the player to turn it around together. Nothing about the reporting to date is patently false or 'bad timing' - this is always going to be a chapter in Miller's the life the same as it will be for the person he bullied.

I would never draft this player. My expectation was, with the way BA talked about character, they would never consider it either. I'm disappointed thus far. I hope the kid goes on to be a model citizen but, as of now, it does not look good.
Every journalist piling on is 100% opportunistic virtue signaling. Social credits are very a valuable commodity at the moment and this is very low hanging fruit. Nom nom nom

As for the rest of your post, I already posted that in the part of my post you cut out when quoting.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Huh? Wasn’t he running the AHL team all year? Lol. He’s not even a scout. I think if anyone, it’s Jankowksi. Even then, he’d been on the job for like three days? So was it really him? This was the perfect storm. Maybe because Jankowksi drafted Cizikas, he’s got a soft spot for troubled kids needing second chances. He just underestimated the social/political climate right now.
But wasn't Sullivan in charge of the draft? This wasn't your typical 4th round pick decision. Accountability needs to sit with ultimate decision-maker.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I think Sullivan vs Jankowksi is irrelevant. BA has come out and stood behind the pick. He’s doubled down. So has XG. They’re claiming they were intentional in this process and are looking forward to the challenge of working with this kid who has a troubled past and are committed to helping him be the change.

Maybe it’s damage control. But it’s now co-signed at the very top, by both sides of the house (Business | Hockey).

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
For the record I have ABSOLUTELY no problem with this pick. Denying the young man a potential career no matter how glamorous it may appear to many, does nothing to change what has happened.

Reactions: Jakey53

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
Give it a rest. He deserves this opportunity because of his hockey skills. He made a mistake, we all do, including you. You don't know the young man, but you and others come on here spouting off like they know everything about him. I'm sure he and his family know what he did was wrong, and I'm sure he is being advised by lawyers and other people around him what to say.

It's a privledge to play in the NHL. No he doesn't deserve a shot because of his skills. Every team in the league passed on him 3 times in the first three rounds.

A mistake? Smashed a kids head into a brick wall, showed zero remorse made him eat out of a toilet. "mistake"?

Amazing to see that there are people that actually normalize such behaviour. There was a reason he was convicted for his "mistake" which apparently spanned 6 years.

Last edited:

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
At this point even if Miller apologized you wouldn't accept it because you're already slapping labels on the kid.

You're right IF he apologized now years afte incident I wouldn't accept it. Why did he have to wait years later? I mean the kids mother forgave the other boy who was sincere in his feelings and acknowledging what he did was wrong. Miller didn't give a shit didn't even make an effort to reach out.

He wrote all 30 teams to look beyond this but not one letter to the boy he tormented. So yeah if he apologized now it's basically a bullshit pr move at this stage. He's missed years to do it behind the scenes and didn't.

Reactions: Rangers ftw

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
It's a privledge to play in the NHL. No he doesn't deserve a shot because of his skills. Every team in the league passed on him 3 times in the first three rounds.

A mistake? Smashed a kids head into a brick wall, showed zero remorse made him eat out of a toilet. "mistake"?

Amazing to see that there are people that actually normalize such behaviour. There was a reason he was convicted for his "mistake" which apparently spanned 6 years.
Literally no one is normalizing his behavior. You’re a lousy white knight and only know how to fight straw men. So maybe f*** off please?

Additionally you’re really bad at this. Absolutely every single player drafted from 112 onward was passed on by all the teams too. Logic is your friend. Spend some time with it.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
Literally no one is normalizing his behavior. You’re a lousy white knight and only know how to fight straw men. So maybe f*** off please?

Additionally you’re really bad at this. Absolutely every single player drafted from 112 onward was passed on by all the teams too. Logic is your friend. Spend some time with it.

When you say it was a "mistake" like a one off you are normalizing it. It was a pattern of abuse that spanned years not a mistake. Calling him a Racial Slur for years was a mistake or smashing his head in a wall was the mistake? Or how about making him eat out of a toilet? Was that the mistake? Or wait never apologizing to him was that the mistake? Wait I got it.. I guess tormenting him as little as 2 years ago was the mistake.

On the next point if you're selected in the 4th round you're the luckiest person on earth because odds you'll even see a game in the NHL. Odds are next to none. This is who the coyotes have selected. Someone who doesn't deserve this one in a million shot.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
When you say it was a "mistake" like a one off you are normalizing it. It was a pattern of abuse that spanned years not a mistake. Calling him a Racial Slur for years was a mistake or smashing his head in a wall was the mistake? Or how about making him eat out of a toilet? Was that the mistake? Or wait never apologizing to him was that the mistake? Wait I got it.. I guess tormenting him as little as 2 years ago was the mistake.

On the next point if you're selected in the 4th round you're the luckiest person on earth because odds you'll even see a game in the NHL. Odds are next to none. This is who the coyotes have selected. Someone who doesn't deserve this one in a million shot.
I never said that. Nobody ever said that. You’re making shit up. Go be a hero somewhere else. Troll.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
Give it a rest. He deserves this opportunity because of his hockey skills. He made a mistake, we all do, including you. You don't know the young man, but you and others come on here spouting off like they know everything about him. I'm sure he and his family know what he did was wrong, and I'm sure he is being advised by lawyers and other people around him what to say.
:rolleyes:

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
At this point even if Miller apologized you wouldn't accept it because you're already slapping labels on the kid.

You're right IF he apologized now years afte incident I wouldn't accept it. Why did he have to wait years later? I mean the kids mother forgave the other boy who was sincere in his feelings and acknowledging what he did was wrong. Miller didn't give a shit didn't even make an effort to reach out.

He wrote all 30 teams to look beyond this but not one letter to the boy he tormented. So yeah if he apologized now it's basically a bullshit pr move at this stage. He's missed years to do it behind the scenes and didn't.

Then why are you here???

You're mind is made up. You have nothing left to offer to this discussion.

Pro Tip: Learn to quote people properly.

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
That's not going to stop people. I have no idea why people are going to the mat for a shithead picked in the 4th round that so far hasn't made things right or even really attempted to do so. It's very embarrassing.

The Coyotes have got to get him heavily involved in community service at UND to even qualify for a contract. Something other than trying to bury this.

And what a shitty feeling for guys taken after him.

Not that shitty. At least they didn't get drafted by the Coyotes.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Funny stuff, I’m reading here! I’ll remind our unwelcome visitor that forgiveness is the burden of he who has been wronged. Also, the lynch mob mentality is not the rule of law and that the actual rule of law has not only been served, but does not extend into a perps occupation..... ‘cept for POTUS, cops and the like.

Reactions: Tom Polakis

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
For the record I have ABSOLUTELY no problem with this pick. Denying the young man a potential career no matter how glamorous it may appear to many, does nothing to change what has happened.

I'm late to the party, but have now read a number of posts here and on the main board. That sentence best summarizes my take. No matter how bad his past behavior was, see what happens in the next few years at ND before entirely shutting him out. If he's somehow an unlikely star, then keep an eye on him during his NHL career. I don't buy into the idea of everyone denying him any future at age 18.

But as a Coyotes fan, I do have a problem with the pick. For an organization that doesn't need even more bad PR, drafting this kid was inexcusable.

Reactions: XX

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
But as a Coyotes fan, I do have a problem with the pick. For an organization that doesn't need even more bad PR, drafting this kid was inexcusable.

They found a way to make the front page of reddit:

But for all the wrong reasons.

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
The still taunting the kid two years later bit is maybe a little suspect. The victim’s mother seems to be a little bit less than credible in the way she retells events:

I am NOT saying that she’s a bad mom or than her son deserved anything he got or that her other issues in any way absolve Miller of ANY of his blame. But, I think reading this police report and email and text threads make me take her recent comments with a grain of salt.

What happened in 2016 is well documented and supported. But when it comes to accusations solely from this source (JMC) and not corroborated by others, I’m going to be a little skeptical.

I can't believe you're really questioning the mothers credibility over her husband calling someone a piece of shit. Like, that's the extent of that police report.

EDIT: Not sure what email or text threads you're referring to.

Reactions: XX
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad