2019 Off-Season Non-Management Thread - Canucks/Boeser talking 4-5 years, $7m AAV - Kypreos)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
A 4 year deal to Boeser would literally be the dumbest thing you could possibly do.
Agreed, pay the extra million a year and get 6-7 years. Jimmy Hayes a one time 20 goal scorer just got $7m for his UFA years, in 4 years Brock's UFA years could cost upwards of $12m.

Reactions: THE Green Man

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
This absolutely involves the Canucks capitulating on term. There's no reason for Edler to alter his demands at this stage of the process. I'm assuming they've began to realize they won't be able to re-imagine the entire bloody blue line in a single off season.

or maybe we put a plan b trade in place with buffalo for scandella and then we laid that out to him on the basis we needed to pull the trigger on it now in the event he was bound and determined to stick to his guns.

you never know.

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
i feel like we are stalled in the trade market. sutter and juolevi are both damaged goods until proven otherwise, and baertschi is too fragile to be more than a tdl gamble for a team. so we lack assets we can package for value to get good assets unless we move someone we really value. maybe we need to take on one or more of marleau, lucic, clarkson or zaitsev and then use the sweeteners that come with them along with an asset like tanev to get somewhere.

Lucic and Zaitsev have contracts that are too long to take as cap dumps. I'd want salary retention as part of any trade to take Zaitsev and of course the Leafs want to free as much cap space as possible so I don't know whether or not there's a sensible deal to be made there.

Marleau wants to return to San Jose; Canucks could be the middle man. Clarkson gives the Canucks a way to get at Miller. One year of Clarkson and/or one year of 50% retention on Marleau is the way to go, rather than taking on $22.5M-$24M contracts.

Reactions: 420Canuck

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Rumours have been that Edler is okay with being exposed in the Expansion Draft. My guess is 3 years with a NTC. As long as it's structured correctly, there is nothing wrong with going that 3rd year

i do not agree there is nothing wrong with it, but i guess i can live with it if there is no ntc when compared to market alternatives.

i honestly doubt we get three good seasons out of edler, but i guess we can buy him out.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
i do not agree there is nothing wrong with it, but i guess i can live with it if there is no ntc when compared to market alternatives.

i honestly doubt we get three good seasons out of edler, but i guess we can buy him out.
I can live with it as long as it’s under 4 years with no NMC, perhaps anything under 7m cap hit

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
A 4 year deal to Boeser would literally be the dumbest thing you could possibly do.

We'll likely end up in a Trouba situation if that's the case. We've seen how poorly bridging young talent works out, especially when there's a built in mechanism if things go really pear shaped (buyout rate is only 1/3rd if they are 26 or younger).

It's gotta be 6 or 7 years, otherwise our future window will close in a hurry.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Cautiously optimistic with the names floated around today.

Hoffman has his issues but chances are Florida will need to dump that contract if they get Panarin so the cost will be low. Only one year left on his contract so it's low-risk and I much prefer that to a long UFA with a lesser player.

Edler for a 2 year overpriced deal or a 3 year deal at a reasonable rate with the last year not having a NMC is fine with me.

The Tanev stuff only really makes sense if they have something else in place for a RHD, so we'll see what happens there.

At this point I would be very surprised if Toronto & Vancouver don't make a trade between now and early July. There is way too much smoke and too many pieces on both sides that make sense. Combine that with the transactions between the teams in the last couple of years and I would be shocked if something doesn't happen.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Like, you give Brock two years or you give him eight, but almost nothing in between makes any sense. Why would you sign a long term deal that doesn't buy out any UFA years?

Everyone is caught up on the Edler stuff, but yeah, that rumored Boeser contract is really stupid.

Reactions: daddyohsix

tiny103

Jun 28, 2008
Ottawa
Our LD is going to look horrible without edler in the stables. We're going to have some problems finding #1 or #2 LD without doing something a bit bonkers.

Last edited:

Hockeyphysio

Jul 2, 2018
Like, you give Brock two years or you give him eight, but almost nothing in between makes any sense. Why would you sign a long term deal that doesn't buy out any UFA years?

This is the same man who thinks signing big players who are bad will make his team less injury prone

Reactions: daddyohsix and MS

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
I want Boeser on a 7 year deal. 7.5MM per.
that takes him to 29 years old which is good.

Also, i'd rather give a guy like Ferland 5MM as opposed to taking Lucic if its toughness that we need.
Ferland can skate and hit and put up points. He's actually useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad