2019 Off-Season Non-Management Thread - Canucks/Boeser talking 4-5 years, $7m AAV - Kypreos)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
Keep beating that drum
Oh I think it's highly unlikely but do you trust JB and Aquaman?

I know I sure don't.

Here's one for ya....what if Kakko goes 1st overall? Think JB calls up the NYR to kick some tires?
Given the Ranger situation and what their trying to do, I think they would definitely think about a Horvat, unprotected 1st, +,+and + package for 2nd overall.

In case your unaware, JB is shopping hard and looking for that "Big Splash"

:help:

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
Ducks buying out Corey Perry.

I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes a top target for Benning. He fits the size and skill combo that Benning is thirsty for.

Pearson-Horvat-Perry would be a big heavy fun line to throw out there.

Reactions: THE Green Man

Carnal

May 29, 2018
Tanev has little value now.

In 2017 he was a 26 year old who was objectively the best defensive defender in the NHL on a fantastic contract.

The team could have got a 1st round pick and very good prospect for him then, but instead chose to compete.
Yeah pretty much. Unfortunately I don't think we will get what even San Jose got for Braun. I'd love to be wrong but just can't see it happening anymore where a team would trade a 1st for Tanev.

Reactions: MarkMM

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC

I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes a top target for Benning. He fits the size and skill combo that Benning is thirsty for.

Jesus, Horvat would have to cycle the puck on his own for 20-30 seconds while the other two skate down the ice to join him :thumbd:

JumpierPegasus

Mar 3, 2011
Abbotsford, BC

Please don't put two boat anchors with Horvat. Pearson is fine, but then give Horvat another fast winger like Virtanen

Better to do Perry on line 3 or 4 at 1-1.5m. Play him next to Roussel - Gaudette or whoever we decide goes on that fourth line

I am not excited for this team next year....

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria

Except for Perry isn't good anymore.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003

Haha, Horvat could do a lap of the entire rink before his wingers even skated through the neutral zone.

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
Please don't put two boat anchors with Horvat. Pearson is fine, but then give Horvat another fast winger like Virtanen

Better to do Perry on line 3 or 4 at 1-1.5m. Play him next to Roussel - Gaudette or whoever we decide goes on that fourth line

I am not excited for this team next year....

No moves have been made, and you're not excited about the team? This confuses me.

Perry on a 1-2 year deal would make sense, yes he's not as good as he used to be but you could still get some value out of him.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
i feel like we are stalled in the trade market. sutter and juolevi are both damaged goods until proven otherwise, and baertschi is too fragile to be more than a tdl gamble for a team. so we lack assets we can package for value to get good assets unless we move someone we really value. maybe we need to take on one or more of marleau, lucic, clarkson or zaitsev and then use the sweeteners that come with them along with an asset like tanev to get somewhere.

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
No moves have been made, and you're not excited about the team? This confuses me.

Perry on a 1-2 year deal would make sense, yes he's not as good as he used to be but you could still get some value out of him.
Didn’t you hear? Rosters are set in early June!

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Friedman on a morning hit linking the Canucks go mike Hoffman

It would be a very ... interesting decision to bring his personal situation back into a high-scrutiny Canadian market.

Also yet another player we're linked to who is a 5-on-5 defensive liability. He's a great PP triggerman and deadly in that role ... but on a team with Boeser and Pettersson is that really what we need to be targeting?

And spending assets on a 30 y/o pending UFA seems like an unwise decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad