2019 Off-Season Non-Management Thread - Canucks/Boeser talking 4-5 years, $7m AAV - Kypreos)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
And their 3rd RHD is Travis Sanheim. They are set (unless the Canucks are getting Sanheim).

That being said, a bigger deal makes more sense to me. I doubt Benning would trade Tanev for just picks.

i doubt he would trade tanev unless he had a guy stepping into that role. there is no right side depth.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Oh I think it's highly unlikely but do you trust JB and Aquaman?

I know I sure don't.

Here's one for ya....what if Kakko goes 1st overall? Think JB calls up the NYR to kick some tires?
Given the Ranger situation and what their trying to do, I think they would definitely think about a Horvat, unprotected 1st, +,+and + package for 2nd overall.

In case your unaware, JB is shopping hard and looking for that "Big Splash"

:help:
Big splash on the defense

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
And their 3rd RHD is Travis Sanheim. They are set (unless the Canucks are getting Sanheim).

That being said, a bigger deal makes more sense to me. I doubt Benning would trade Tanev for just picks.
Sanheim is a lefty, he's the guy making Ghost expendable.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Hoffman would've been a really good player to target last year but his price has most certainly skyrocketed since then.

I for one am floored that Jim Benning wasn't proactive about a transaction.

Reactions: RIP Botchford

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003

Things move fast.

This absolutely involves the Canucks capitulating on term. There's no reason for Edler to alter his demands at this stage of the process. I'm assuming they've began to realize they won't be able to re-imagine the entire bloody blue line in a single off season.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
He better not cave. No NMC and MAX 3 years. I’ll be pissed if it’s over 2
prepare to be pissed.

there is no way Edler wont get more years with the way things are going with these UFAs. just get the Seattle protection and keep it to 3 and i will call it a success

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
I’m more concerned about term than NMC, but I hope it’s not more than 3 years. 4 is the max I would do before being upset. But again, no NMC, and ideally, a limited NTC.
I’ll burn my Malholtra jersey if we give a broken old man 4 years. Apologies to Malhotra

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
This absolutely involves the Canucks capitulating on term. There's no reason for Edler to alter his demands at this stage of the process. I'm assuming they've began to realize they won't be able to re-imagine the entire bloody blue line in a single off season.

You would think ... although it was interesting to learn yesterday that his agent is a really small-time guy with few clients who might not exactly be Scott Boras in these situations.

But yeah, there's absolutely no reason for Edler to cave on his demands only a few days before he'd be able to talk with other teams and use that as leverage, and after the UFA market has gone through the roof with the Hayes and Karlsson signings. Would be a really stupid move. So odds are that Benning is panicking after moves he wanted to make aren't coming to fruition.

Reactions: TruGr1t

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
If the sequence of events is:
- Canucks offer Edler 2-year deal, he says no
- Canucks explore trade market, don't find anything they like.
- Canucks extend Edler offer to 3 years, he accents.

I'm okay with that, as long as the 3rd year doesn't have a NMC.

Rumours have been that Edler is okay with being exposed in the Expansion Draft. My guess is 3 years with a NTC. As long as it's structured correctly, there is nothing wrong with going that 3rd year

Reactions: THE Green Man
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad