2019 Off-Season Non-Management Thread - Canucks/Boeser talking 4-5 years, $7m AAV - Kypreos)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
I think it's more likely that Benning will trade the 2020 first than it is he'll move this year's. He'll tell himself that with the asset he's picking up, the team will be in the playoffs and the pick will be less valuable. The acquiring team will think ... something else.

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
I’m okay with JB, but our owner is definitely worrisome. Hopefully with JB on the last year of his contract, and wanting another job in the NHL done day, he will not be pressured by the owner into making a stupid move.
You honestly think JB would stand up to Aqua???? Hahahahahahaha! These 2 have been standing shoulder to shoulder setting the direction of this team since JB got here.

Why do you think JB still has a job?

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
I think it's more likely that Benning will trade the 2020 first than it is he'll move this year's. He'll tell himself that with the asset he's picking up, the team will be in the playoffs and the pick will be less valuable. The acquiring team will think ... something else.
He'll use the 2020 pick as a sweetener.

I think he's looking to move up.

Dissonance Jr

Oct 6, 2017
With Tampa maybe in a cap crunch, I wonder what it would cost to pry away one of their expendable forwards like JT Miller or Yanni Gourde.

Reactions: geebaan

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
He'll use the 2020 pick as a sweetener.

I think he's looking to move up.

Crap. You think Aquilini is forcing JB to move up for Jack Hughes, so he can sell tickets? That would cost us 2019 #10 + 2020 first + Bo + Demko. God in heaven don’t let this owner ruin our team anymore than he already has.

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
Crap. You think Aquilini is forcing JB to move up for Jack Hughes, so he can sell tickets? That would cost us 2019 #10 + 2020 first + Bo + Demko. God in heaven don’t let this owner ruin our team anymore than he already has.
I think this franchise has PR picked in the the passed.

Virtanen,Pettersson and Hughes.

He'll sell tickets no matter what...just give us some excitement.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I think this franchise has PR picked in the the passed.

Virtanen,Pettersson and Hughes.

He'll sell tickets no matter what...just give us some excitement.
Maybe Aquilini should bungee jump from the arena rafters, if he wants to entertain?

Reactions: Jack Burton

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
Bo, Demco, the 10th pick and a unprotected 2020 or 2021 1st round pick would definitely get us this year's 1st pick.

Would you do this?

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Bo, Demco, the 10th pick and a unprotected 2020 or 2021 1st round pick would definitely get us this year's 1st pick.

Would you do this?
God no. How does a team win a Cup without a centre like Bo? We already have Petey as the scoring centre.
I like your thought of the “big splash” at the bottom of the bungee, if Aquilini gets his way.

Reactions: Jack Burton

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Haven’t seen that, which is odd cause i’d love to see it.
Benning means what he says, so I tend to believe him when he says it. The problem is that a short time later he believes something else, and means that even if it contradicts what he said previously. Today he's thinking about the draft so keeping his draft picks is his most important thing. Tomorrow he might be thinking about defense, so that will be more important than draft picks. Whatever shiny object catches his attention last...
33ms3p.jpg

Reactions: EP40

Carnal

May 29, 2018
It doesn't matter what Benning says. His word is as reliable as a cheesecloth condom.
Of all my criticisms of Benning and his blundering destruction of our team, I'm ok if he lies. He can't always show his cards or the opponents have a clear advantage of how to play him.

That being said, I don't think he lies (or deceives) enough and properly.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
In a vacuum, I agree a target like Ghost would be fair value for our pick, but I still think it’s a low value move for us considering he duplicates a lot of what Hughes is expected to do for us, but at 7 years older and 4 years from UFA. Since I don’t see this team 4 years away from serious cup contention - even with Ghost we are a mess on defense and lack quality forward depth - I think we would get poor return on that trade. If we could target someone who is currently 21 or 22 who is an established NHLer but still has upside to improve - someone like Ehlers or Nylander - then I could see the value of such a move. But swapping an 18 y/o with potentially 8-10 cost controlled years for a 26 y/o with <5 cc years doesn’t make a ton of sense.
It would be odd having all of Ghost,Hughes and Stecher...seems a lot of the same flavour to me, ..and a bit undersized to boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad