2019 Off-Season Non-Management Thread - Canucks/Boeser talking 4-5 years, $7m AAV - Kypreos)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
I like Karlsson, but I'm glad we didn't sign that deal. Takes him to 37!

I think Edler might get his 3-4 year deal.

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
With Timo Meier, Kevin Lebanc as key RFAs, and the Joe's and Joonas as UFAs, I wonder if they will just let Nyquist go.

Gustav Nyquist would be a good addition to the Canucks top 6.
Can’t imagine them having the space to sign him too... especially if they intend on trying to keep Pavelski (and Thornton). Add them to the list of teams who may have some cap trouble.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
I like Karlsson, but I'm glad we didn't sign that deal. Takes him to 37!

I think Edler might get his 3-4 year deal.
I would do that deal in a second. What Karlsson brings is so rare, and I don't think a drop in skating ability (which is inevitable with age) will hamper him enough to turn him from an elite d-man to anything less than one. A lot of his work is done in the opponents' offensive zone. His hero highlight reel level play rate will drop, no doubt, but he has the IQ to adjust to a slightly different style of game. His defensive game is also underrated, imo. When healthy, he's completely fine on D.

Reactions: TruGr1t

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
Would you rather.....

Trade for zaitsev and not get much of a sweetener are all.

Or

Sign Myer

????

Neither really solve our top 4 D issue. Really want to know player for player who is better?

thecupismine

Apr 1, 2007
This leaves San Jose in a bit of a tight spot. Roughly $13 million left to re-sign Lebanc, Meier, Pavelski, Nyquist, and Thornton (if he doesn't retire).

Nyquist is all but gone, and Jumbo will likely wait to see what's left and take a discount (if he's coming back). They could trade away Braun or Dillon + sign a cheap bottom pairing guy to open up 2 million more in cap, but I still can't see how they fit Pavelski unless Meier/Lebanc take sweetheart bridge deals.

Reactions: EP40

Carnal

May 29, 2018
Would you rather.....

Trade for zaitsev and not get much of a sweetener are all.

Or

Sign Myer

????

Neither really solve our top 4 D issue. Really want to know player for player who is better?
I'd rather keep what we have than trade for an anchor or sign a soon to be anchor. Either way we'll lose, might as well keep the assets and cap for the next GM.

Reactions: Bettman Returnz

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
This leaves San Jose in a bit of a tight spot. Roughly $13 million left to re-sign Lebanc, Meier, Pavelski, Nyquist, and Thornton (if he doesn't retire).

Nyquist is all but gone, and Jumbo will likely wait to see what's left and take a discount (if he's coming back). They could trade away Braun or Dillon + sign a cheap bottom pairing guy to open up 2 million more in cap, but I still can't see how they fit Pavelski unless Meier/Lebanc take sweetheart bridge deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad