Speculation: 2019-20 Expected Blackhawks Roster Part 4 - To Eberle or Not to Eberle - that is the question..

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
They actually projected the cap at 83 million? I don’t think that ends up happening. But if it does, some nasty contracts are going to be handed out this year.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Damn, I wish Mark Stone didn't get traded from Ottawa because he's exactly what the Hawks need right now. If he would've made it to UFA it would have been huge. Not necessarily that he would've signed here, but still.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Let's say SJ doesn't win the Cup, and with EK's injuries they sour on him and don't try and resign him. I wonder if they'd then be interested in trading for Gus to replace him.

Now I've said I'm in favor of keeping Gus, but that could be an interesting trade partner. I wonder what they'd give up for him.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
I know a great many of us were wanting to see Byram and the Giants make the memorial cup so that we could see him play on TV. Just a heads up for those that have not been keeping track of one of the pieces we got from Arizona in the Hossa deal.

MacKenzie Entwistle is playing and is a big piece of the Guelph Storms team that is making a push for the national championship along with Suzuki and Toropchenko

1 game thus far and 1G, 1A for the guy that Stan wanted to draft but Arizona stopped him up.

Much like Kurashev was the Swiss best player this past xmas, some say that Entwhistle was Canadas best player at the World Junior tourney this past xmas. He does so many things right on the ice, just making sure people are not sleeping on this guy cause like Kurashev he could make the roster next season, he can play the wing or Center too.

Blackhawks expect MacKenzie Entwistle to be worth the wait

they play tonight at 8pm Atlantic vs Halifax and its on sports net regional in Canada and I think the NHL network is covering it

Last edited:

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
We still have one more kick at the can with this core, maybe more if we are able to replace Toews/Kane adequately...

I would say Toews will be a 1C until he is 33-34. Then a solid 2C for a year or two. Then a 3-4C for the rest of his career.

Kane should be a 1st line winger until 34-35, and a 2nd line winger at worst for the rest of his career.

I don't see Strome-Cat being able to be a 1st line able to hold their own agaisnt top match ups, but they could prove me wrong...

Keith.. he has claimed in the past he'd love to play for as long as he can. Think he could be a solid #4, playing 18-20 mins per game. He can't be our #1 if we want to compete.

Goaltending is another issue that is rarely talked about.

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
To CLB - Anisimov + any sweetner they want
To CHI - Duchene (assuming he does not want to re-sign)

Re-up Duchene 8M X 8

To CGY - 3rd/4th round pick
To CHI - Frolik

Two lethal scoring lines, and the Kubalik/Kahun connection might work with Toews down the middle. Also probably one of the best defensive 4th lines in the league.

Kubalik (20/15) - Toews (25/40) - Kahun (15/20)
Saad (25/25) - Duchene (25/50) - Kane (40/50)
Cat (35/30) - Strome (20/40) - Sikura/Perlini
Caggiula (10/10) - Kampf (10/10) - Frolik (15/5)

Keith (2/30) - Jokiharju (4/30)
Gustafsson (12/40) - Murphy (3/15)
Forsling (2/20) - Seabrook (6/20)
Dahlstrom
Koekkoek

Crawford
Delia

@RememberTheRoar

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner

Re-up Duchene 8M X 8

To CHI - Frolik

Two lethal scoring lines, and the Kubalik/Kahun connection might work with Toews down the middle. Also probably one of the best defensive 4th lines in the league.

Dahlstrom
Koekkoek

Crawford
Delia

@RememberTheRoar

Hmm, is your thought to not put Kubalik nor Kahun on the power play? Those numbers are awfully low for them.

If your thought is let Toews battle the top lines to open up things for the lower lines, I think that could work at home. My concern is that on the road most coaches won’t be very scared of that Toews line, and will prefer to primarily matchup on the Kane and DeBrincat lines, and basically treat the Toews line as the third line.

Frolik as a high-paid fourth liner on a one-year deal is an excellent move, I think. That’s a guy who still belongs higher in the lineup, but we have the cap space to grab him as a cap dump and drop him on the fourth line and a PK unit.

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
Hmm, is your thought to not put Kubalik nor Kahun on the power play? Those numbers are awfully low for them.

If your thought is let Toews battle the top lines to open up things for the lower lines, I think that could work at home. My concern is that on the road most coaches won’t be very scared of that Toews line, and will prefer to primarily matchup on the Kane and DeBrincat lines, and basically treat the Toews line as the third line.

Frolik as a high-paid fourth liner on a one-year deal is an excellent move, I think. That’s a guy who still belongs higher in the lineup, but we have the cap space to grab him as a cap dump and drop him on the fourth line and a PK unit.

Line combos aside, what do you think of getting Duchenes rights early, (dumping AA's contract) and picking up Frolik?

CLB would have some interest, a 4.5M solid two-way 3C who is familiar with the team, and not much term left. They will be hurting upfront after losing Dzingel, Duchene & Panarin

I would want Duchene-Kane together somehow in the lines, because we saw how good he was with Panarin.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Line combos aside, what do you think of getting Duchenes rights early, (dumping AA's contract) and picking up Frolik?

CLB would have some interest, a 4.5M solid two-way 3C who is familiar with the team, and not much term left. They will be hurting upfront after losing Dzingel, Duchene & Panarin

I would want Duchene-Kane together somehow in the lines, because we saw how good he was with Panarin.

I’m not a fan of acquiring UFA rights as I don’t think it saves you much money over what you’d pay on the open market, I’d rather just take the run at Duchene.

If all it takes is Anisimov though, that’s fine.

As for frolik, I’d like him back for a 4th

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006

Re-up Duchene 8M X 8

To CHI - Frolik

Dahlstrom
Koekkoek

Crawford
Delia

@RememberTheRoar

I think this is stellar however I am leary about Duchene and the term he wants; having said that it seems he has changed recently for the better as a result of being a DAD

Reactions: TPOEJ6489 and Rolo

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs

Re-up Duchene 8M X 8

To CHI - Frolik

Dahlstrom
Koekkoek

Crawford
Delia

@RememberTheRoar

Fully on board with Frolik. That 4th line is really, really good. Then there's the PK aspect.

Duchene is tempting, but that term scares the hell out of me.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

Hubredo

Feb 14, 2019
XXX(Lee) - Toews - Kane
DeBrincat - Strome - Kubalic
XXX (Nyquist)- Kurashew - Kahun
Perlini - Kampf - Caggiula

Extra: Hayden/Wedin/Martinsen/Entwistle

Keith-Jokiharju
Gus - XXX (Edler)
XXX (Strålman) - Murphy

Extra: Dahlstrøm/Koekkoek/Seebrook/Boquist/Beaudin/Mitchell/Krys

Ansiminov, Forsling, Sikura,Fortin, Saad and hopefully Seebrook trade to strenght the defense and get more draft picks.

XXX = Free agent/ Income trades

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
What’s the deal with Anisimov? Will they try and move him and for what?

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
The speculation is that they will move him this offseason.

I would guess he gets move for a pick (2nd or 3rd).
You think we can get a 2nd? That would be great. I'm thinking a 3rd is more realistic. A 2nd round pick if we take money back for a year.

If the Hawks didn't have to deal with Seabrook's salary, I think we keep Ansimov.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
You think we can get a 2nd? That would be great. I'm thinking a 3rd is more realistic. A 2nd round pick if we take money back for a year.

If the Hawks didn't have to deal with Seabrook's salary, I think we keep Ansimov.

AA is a good player. I am talking about a later 2nd to a contender.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Contenders can find better deals and better players then AA if that is price Hawks want

His age + cap hit hurt his value

I think 3rd + low level prospect is best case at this point though I think a 4th + mid level prospect is more likely

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL

Anisimov is still a good player. I think he'd get a 2nd. If he was expiring this season, He'd absolutely have returned a 1st+B prospect at the TDL. The only thing that depresses his value from a late 1st to a 2nd is the extra year of term.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Anisimov is still a good player. I think he'd get a 2nd. If he was expiring this season, He'd absolutely have returned a 1st+B prospect at the TDL. The only thing that depresses his value from a late 1st to a 2nd is the extra year of term.

If that’s the case, the Hawks should wait it out and get that 1st rounder in a year or so.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
If that’s the case, the Hawks should wait it out and get that 1st rounder in a year or so.
It would depend on what they're trying to do. If they're trying catch lightning in a bottle and win one more Cup, it makes more sense to move AA now to free up cap. If they've given up on the remainder of 19/88, then I don't know why they're not moving them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad