Speculation: 2019-20 Expected Blackhawks Roster Part 4 - To Eberle or Not to Eberle - that is the question..

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
ran into coach Q at the steel game on Friday lol he was with his son. surprisingly for most of you he didnt have horns growing out of his head and a tail.

Figured you’d have something more interesting to offer from the interaction.

instead it’s just a chance to take a shot at posters who never hated Q, but who disagreed that his coaching style and decision-making was best for the current team.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

u2wojo

Dec 22, 2011
They’re not my predicted cap hits, they’re evolving wild predictions.

From that list...I like Brock Nelson for 4.5x4 (especially if you are moving Anismov along) and could live with as much as 5 per. I think he adds in Pully's vernacular....jam that we lack a little of. I also like Chiarot at 2.8x3 and Sheahan at 1.3X2 Chiarot hits and kills penalties which is exactly what we need with Keith and Gus the other 2 LHD. Sheahan would be nice at that price on the 4th line as a guy that could take some of the PK load away from Toews.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
A common theme among many posters this offseason is that the forwards hurt the team’s defense as much, or maybe more, than the defensemen.

How much of that has to do with Toews being used more offensively, especially with Kane, rather than in a matchup role?

As much as I wanted Toews and Kane playing together, is it actually better for the team (especially defensively) to have Toews in more shutdown role even if it means a 50-60 point season?

Toews corsi numbers were still solid. His Ozone start % was actually lower than his career average, by a lot. 56% and 44% O versus D. His career is 62/38. His QoC was still some of the highest in the league, I believe. So... is it a myth that he was used in a more offensive role this season? Kinda seems that way. That seems like an excuse for the dominant year he had, cooked up by those who have something against Toews.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Toews corsi numbers were still solid. His Ozone start % was actually lower than his career average, by a lot. 56% and 44% O versus D. His career is 62/38. His QoC was still some of the highest in the league, I believe. So...

Okay, I was just throwing it out there. So...

@JaegerDice mentioned before that a lot of his underlying numbers were worse, so... just thought it was worth a conversation.

Guess not.

I’ll delete my shit post.

jaysoneil

Feb 22, 2013
IL
A common theme among many posters this offseason is that the forwards hurt the team’s defense as much, or maybe more, than the defensemen.

How much of that has to do with Toews being used more offensively, especially with Kane, rather than in a matchup role?

As much as I wanted Toews and Kane playing together, is it actually better for the team (especially defensively) to have Toews in more shutdown role even if it means a 50-60 point season?
Toews cant be the only forward playing good hockey in his own end of the ice.

Q demanded defensive responsibility. JC seemed to take that leash off. As a whole, the entire forward group was a defensive liability.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Toews cant be the only forward playing good hockey in his own end of the ice.

Q demanded defensive responsibility. JC seemed to take that leash off. As a whole, the entire forward group was a defensive liability.

It’s fine, I deleted my dumbass post.

It’s not worth the conversation.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Okay, I was just throwing it out there. So...

@JaegerDice mentioned before that a lot of his underlying numbers were worse, so... just thought it was worth a conversation.

Guess not.

I’ll delete my **** post.

Why do you do that?

You asked a question. I gave an answer, with some stats to back it up. You immediately seem like you get angry and talk about it not being worth a conversation? :huh: I've noticed you doing this a lot the last few months. No one said it was a shit post, or not even worth a conversation. I was just pointing out that it seems like it's a myth that he was used in a purely offensive role this season, seemingly cooked up by the Toews haters who think he was washed up.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Why do you do that?

You asked a question. I gave an answer, with some stats to back it up. You immediately seem like you get angry and talk about it not being worth a conversation? :huh: I've noticed you doing this a lot the last few months.

Because you and BK always have an element of condescension and implication that you have THE one and only right answer in your responses, it’s never just a straight answer that helps create a dialogue.

The “so...” = “you’re wrong and it was dumb of you to ask” in my mind.

Reactions: ChiHawk21

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Because you and BK always have an element of condescension in your responses, it’s never just a straight answer that helps create a dialogue.

The “so...” = “you’re wrong and it was dumb of you to ask” in my mind.

The "so..." does not equal what you're saying. See my edit that I made, before you seemingly threw a tantrum.

There was nothing condescending about that post.

Kinda hard to pick up on tone, intentions, emotion in a post... it's just text, so I get it. But damn, man, don't jump to conclusions so quickly.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
56691581_392409521599041_6837875390478491583_n.jpg

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
That’s how I believe it comes across. What other motive could you have to us it in that context?

“So... you’re wrong.” That’s the logical place that goes based on the context.

Read the rest of my post, both the original one where I made an edit, and the next one. It didn't mean "So... you're wrong."

I tell you that's not what it meant, and you continue to throw a tantrum. JFC. :shakehead

Last edited:

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Read the rest of my post, both the original one where I made an edit, and then next one. It didn't mean "So... you're wrong."

I tell you that's not what it meant, and you continue to throw a tantrum. JFC. :shakehead

I have absolutely no problem with everything else you laid out, I think it’s good discussion material.

I have very big problem with the “so...”, I don’t believe you that it was meant to not be condescending. I’m just sick of that type of bullshit on here, and it happens often.

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
I just want you all to know that every single one of my posts are condescending comments meant to make you all feel inferior to me. It's not personal, but me>>>you and I need you all to fully grasp that.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I just want you all to know that every single one of my posts are condescending comments meant to make you all feel inferior to me. It's not personal, but me>>>you and I need you all to fully grasp that.

While I know you’re being sarcastic, and it’s funny, I often feel this is what CH10 and BK actually think (or at least it comes off that way).

They have great insight, but I just really hate that element to their posts.

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
While I know you’re being sarcastic, and it’s funny, I often feel this is what CH10 and BK actually think (or at least it comes off that way).

They have great insight, but I just really hate that element to their posts.
I never get that vibe from them. Though I'm a bigger and cockier ass than all of you combined, so...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad