Speculation: 2019-20 Expected Blackhawks Roster Part 4 - To Eberle or Not to Eberle - that is the question..

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Toews corsi numbers were still solid. His Ozone start % was actually lower than his career average, by a lot. 56% and 44% O versus D. His career is 62/38. His QoC was still some of the highest in the league, I believe. So... is it a myth that he was used in a more offensive role this season? Kinda seems that way. That seems like an excuse for the dominant year he had, cooked up by those who have something against Toews.

I have absolutely no problem with everything else you laid out, I think it’s good discussion material.

I have very big problem with the “so...”, I don’t believe you that it was meant to not be condescending. I’m just sick of that type of bull**** on here, and it happens often.

Did you re-read this post after I edited it? Look at the BOLD. Again... it had nothing to do with being condescending... JFC. I use the ellipsis a lot in my writing on here, and it rarely means that I'm being condescending, or acting like it was a dumb post. There are very few regulars on here that I actually think make dumb posts, and you're not one of them. The "So..." was used because I had to finish thoughts, but didn't finish them. I then went back and did. It had nothing to do with your post being dumb, or me being condescending.

I need to just see myself out of this conversation at this point.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Beg Panarin to sign for $8m. Other than that, stay out of the UFA pool IMO. I argued a lot about this earlier in the year but I still think there will be a disappointing return on investment for most likely every UFA (except Panarin).

If we’re not going to get an All-Star with those UFA dollars then we should save that cap space for all of our budding young players

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I never get that vibe from them. Though I'm a bigger and cockier ass than all of you combined, so...

I may be taking it wrong, but I know other posters have gotten that from them in the past. They seem to include little extra things in their posts that just aren’t necessary, and seem like condescension.

Maybe you’re right though, I (and whoever else felt this way) could just be totally wrong and be really misinterpreting their intent.

But I’ve only known total assholes to say things like “so...” at the end of a response.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I may be taking it wrong, but I know other posters have gotten that from them in the past. They seem to include little extra things in their posts that just aren’t necessary, and seem like condescension.

Maybe you’re right though, I (and whoever else felt this way) could just be totally wrong and be really misinterpreting their intent.

But I’ve only known total *******s to say things like “so...” at the end of a response.

The one person who I have ever heard say this about me is one of maybe 2 people on here that I'm ever actually condescending with, and it's because he's f***ing stupid...

I used an ellipsis instead of a comma there after "so". Read it with a comma, and then tell me it sounds condescending.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
The one person who I have ever heard say this about me is one of maybe 2 people on here that I'm ever actually condescending with, and it's because he's ****ing stupid...

I used an ellipsis instead of a comma there after "so". Read it with a comma, and then tell me it sounds condescending.
unfortunately, this does not narrow it down.....lol

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Did you re-read this post after I edited it? Look at the BOLD. Again... it had nothing to do with being condescending... JFC. I use the ellipsis a lot in my writing on here, and it rarely means that I'm being condescending, or acting like it was a dumb post. There are very few regulars on here that I actually think make dumb posts, and you're not one of them. The "So..." was used because I had to finish thoughts, but didn't finish them. I then went back and did. It had nothing to do with your post being dumb, or me being condescending.

I need to just see myself out of this conversation at this point.

It just annoys me a lot because I try pretty hard to be rational and drive good discussion and be net contributor to this board.

Sometimes I really miss the mark, because my hockey knowledge actually is lacking in a lot of areas, but I’d hope that people could just tell me without the condescension.

Saying “I think you’re off-base because of x, y, and z” is a lot different than the “so...” thing.

Also ellipses in normal writing and ending a response with “so...” carry very different meanings, at least with everybody I’ve ever known.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba

But I’ve only known total *******s to say things like “so...” at the end of a response.
it is hard, we are on a chat board where emotion, tone, personality just can't really be known. I do understand some of what RTR is saying, but I also think you look too deep into things as well..

I mean everyone has different personalities, we can tell by how we post. BWC has a personality of shoving his head up his ass as he types- it truly is amazing..though might be more of a skill than personality trait hahahaha..

Fiddy posts as he chugs down some Molson Ice and whatever buttons his forehead hits prior to passing out is all good...

ChiHawks10 is a dick, but as he said towards certain posters who simply have worn us out with their complete idiocy on here...I have questioned BK a few times as well as I thought he was coming off as an ass for no reason only to have him respond that I took it wrong - that shit happens all the time.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
It just annoys me a lot because I try pretty hard to be rational and drive good discussion and be net contributor to this board.

Sometimes I really miss the mark, because my hockey knowledge actually is lacking in a lot of areas, but I’d hope that people could just tell me without the condescension.

Saying “I think you’re off-base because of x, y, and z” is a lot different than the “so...” thing.

Also ellipses in normal writing and ending a response with “so...” carry very different meanings, at least with everybody I’ve ever known.

You still haven't answered the question. Did you go back and read the post? Does it still sound condescending when you re-read the post as it is now, rather than ending it with "so..." ???? If so, then I don't know what to tell you.

Anyone else care to chime in and tell me if this comes off as condescending: "So... is it a myth that he was used in a more offensive role this season? Kinda seems that way. That seems like an excuse for the dominant year he had, cooked up by those who have something against Toews."

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
You still haven't answered the question. Did you go back and read the post? Does it still sound condescending when you re-read the post as it is now, rather than ending it with "so..." ???? If so, then I don't know what to tell you.

Anyone else care to chime in and tell me if this comes off as condescending: "So... is it a myth that he was used in a more offensive role this season? Kinda seems that way. That seems like an excuse for the dominant year he had, cooked up by those who have something against Toews."

What question do you want me to answer?

You ninja edited that post after I got upset.

Obviously the context looks much different now than it did when you first posted it.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
What question do you want me to answer?

You ninja edited that post after I got upset.

Obviously the context looks much different now than it did when you first posted it.

I edited that post before you went crazy, you just happened to be in the middle of throwing a tantrum while I did it.(and I'm sorry to keep using this term, but that's what it looks like). You clicked "Reply" as soon as you read it, and before you even finished your post, it had been edited to add in my complete thoughts.

That post was edited by me so fast that it doesn't even have a "Last Edited" timestamp. Just the posted timestamp.

That post was a full 3 minutes before your post. You literally read it, and immediately started to throw a tantrum, and less than 10 seconds later it had been edited to finish up my thoughts, because if it hadn't been that quick, it would show a "Last Edited" timestamp, and not just a "posted" timestamp.

It was edited before you went off.

Last edited:
Reactions: RememberTheRoar

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
tumblr_pi75h66IOK1xkok61o2_r1_400.gif

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I edited that post before you went crazy, you just happened to be in the middle of throwing a tantrum while I did it. You clicked "Reply" as soon as you read it, and before you even finished your post, it had been edited to add in my complete thoughts.

That post was edited by me so fast that it doesn't even have a "Last Edited" timestamp. Just the posted timestamp.

That post was a full 3 minutes before your post. You literally read it, and immediately started to throw a tantrum, and less than 10 seconds later it had been edited to finish up my thoughts, because if it hadn't been that quick, it would show a "Last Edited" timestamp.

Okay, well I’m wrong then and I apologize.

That is one hell of a place to pause your thought and hit post though. So I hope you can respect why I thought you were saying something else.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Okay, well I’m wrong then and I apologize.

That is one hell of a place to pause your thought and hit post though. So I hope you can respect why I thought you were saying something else.

And I'm sorry it came off as condescending. That post was in no way meant to be condescending.

I use the ellipsis like a comma more than I should. I'll work on that.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad